TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Boy did I have some catching up to do! I haven't been on the scales since the challenge ended. I haven't been eating good either! I Need another amazing Race challenge and soon! I miss all of you!
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Monday... yay. Last Monday I declared a reset day - start back at this for real, plan meals, log food, get my butt moving and guess what? The scale read 3 lbs lower this morning! Now to maintain momentum!

I have been trying to come up with some kind of physical challenge to put on the horizon as a goal, maybe for spring. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I finish the 10ks or half marathons, but I was trying to think of something else that would provide a measure of enjoyment or enrichment rather than getting from point A to point B as fast as possible. Anybody have any ideas?

Hope everyone is keeping warm - I can't believe I used to live where the temperatures stayed in the single digits for weeks at a time. It has only been a few days in the teens and I already feel like whining. Shivering must burn at least a few calories!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    445367.jpg?651
    AMAZING RACE - WINTER BLITZ!
    is ready to begin on January 23rd!
    Details and the sign-up sheet will be
    available Wednesday! :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,420 Member
    Options
    yippee skippy!!!
  • celtikgirl
    Options
    Oh no!!! That's the first day of my cruise, and I won't have internet access for the first two weeks of the challenge! Can I get the homework to take with me on vacation?

Maybe I will have to put myself on the substitute list and hope that a hole opens up on our team once I get back. It wouldn't be fair to the rest of you to sign on and make you go without my numbers for the first two weeks.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    445367.jpg?651
    AMAZING RACE - WINTER BLITZ!
    is ready to begin on January 23rd!
    Details and the sign-up sheet will be
    available Wednesday! :)

What time will it be posted?

Also if you can guys consider holding the weight in for accountability
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    Oh no!!! That's the first day of my cruise, and I won't have internet access for the first two weeks of the challenge! Can I get the homework to take with me on vacation?

Maybe I will have to put myself on the substitute list and hope that a hole opens up on our team once I get back. It wouldn't be fair to the rest of you to sign on and make you go without my numbers for the first two weeks.

I hate to say this but......

You can do it on the cruise. When I went on a cruise I made two commitments. 1. Never ever ever ever take the elevator. 2. Go to the gym every day.

I get that many folks don't want to do that while cruising. I did because I did not want to throw away all the good work I did earlier. I still ate and drank but the 1 hour in the gym makes a world of difference.

The first couple of days were hard going up and down the stairs but I was surprised how easy it got how quickly. At the end of the cruise, I could go up 10 flights of stairs easily.

For work purposes, I bought and internet package and logged in every day regardless. I get it if you don't. We will miss you if you don't join us.

Either way.. have fun. Where are you cruising to?
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Woo hoo! So excited to see that we'll be starting back up again soon. Thanks @hawkins410!!! Looking forward to competing against Team 1 again!! ~~~ From one of the Fab Fivers!

74595429.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgopHWACUXs
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    Monday... yay. Last Monday I declared a reset day - start back at this for real, plan meals, log food, get my butt moving and guess what? The scale read 3 lbs lower this morning! Now to maintain momentum!

I have been trying to come up with some kind of physical challenge to put on the horizon as a goal, maybe for spring. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I finish the 10ks or half marathons, but I was trying to think of something else that would provide a measure of enjoyment or enrichment rather than getting from point A to point B as fast as possible. Anybody have any ideas?

Hope everyone is keeping warm - I can't believe I used to live where the temperatures stayed in the single digits for weeks at a time. It has only been a few days in the teens and I already feel like whining. Shivering must burn at least a few calories!

Well, I'm probably a bit biased but.......a triathlon would be a great goal! It's still getting from point A to point B, but it's nice to have the variety of the three different disciplines. And if you are injury prone, the biking and swimming may actually be easier on your body than the longer running distance. A sprint (short distance) tri usually comes to about 1/2 mile swim, 10-12 mile bike, and 5k run.

Or, if you have access to a gym and weights, you could look at setting a lifting goal.

A pullup would be a great goal, but I'll tell you from experience that one is really really really tough.

I totally get what you are saying. I feel like I stay on track better when I have something to train for. My long term (summer) goal is going to be to finish that last element on the obstacle course without falling :o !
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    Hey team one!!!

u5dewqp30qbu.jpg
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,287 Member
    Options
    I so want to do this again! Soooooo will it be posted here?
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    So excited!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    GSXRGIRL61 wrote: »
    I so want to do this again! Soooooo will it be posted here?
    Yep. I will post the link here (and on all threads) as soon as it is all set! :)
  • celtikgirl
    Options
    @hawkins410 That is definitely me trying to do a push up!

@Vowder - I can definitely keep up with the exercise, and I did the stair thing when we cruised the last time - it really does help. I would rather spend my $15 a day on whiskey than internet. I'm formulating a plan that involves the ship's internet cafe and/or the availability of public wifi in Antigua or St. Lucia, but I'm pretty sure I can make it work.

My kind and generous in-laws are taking us on a 12-night cruise to St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten. I haven't been to any of those places before, so if anyone has any thoughts on things I "must do" in any of those ports, I'm all ears! I want to go zip-lining on Antigua, but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to go by myself as no one else in my group will go with me.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Do we have to inform on what team we need to be on? If so I will go with Team 1
  • celtikgirl
    Options
    @ka97 I'm not sure I am triathlete material - I would need lessons on how to swim properly, and I've never had much success with that. I'm more of a "flail my arms around and kick like crazy until I get back to where I can touch the bottom" kind of swimmer. It isn't pretty, but I haven't drowned yet.

I do live near the Appalachian trail, and several historic rail trails - I was thinking about a weekend hike or bike ride of some distance. The best part would be that I would be close enough to home that hubby could meet me at a pre-arranged camping spot at the end of the first day, so I wouldn't have to carry all my stuff, just food and water for the day. I would also be able to do a point to point route instead of having to loop back to where I started. Maybe I need to spend some of these cold nights looking at maps.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @celtikgirl Now that sounds like a great goal! And fun too!
    And do the ziplining!!!! It is soooo much fun.

As for the tri......my first time I was terrified of the bike (and I still am sort of), riding with cars, riding downhill. When I started training, I would actually get off and walk down some of the hills. I thought for sure that on race day I would be the only person riding up the big hill, and then walking the bike down. I completed the race without walking, crying, or crashing - so that was a success :D
  • celtikgirl
    Options
    I'm crazy on a bicycle, always have been. I grew up in the blue sparkley banana seat Schwinn era, but if there had been mountain bikes when I was a kid, I'm pretty sure I would have broken some bones. I still have orange stains in the scars on my knees from wiping out in the redstone that is common as gravel in the western PA mining towns where we spent our summers.

Maybe you can come swim for me and I'll ride for you.

I think Hawkins410 and I have figured out how we can make it work so that I can get my numbers in on time at the end of the first week, so SIGN ME UP!