My Journal - starting OMAD!

Options
1MADGIRL
1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
Hi guys!

I'm new to participating here!

I started my OMAD journey last Monday at 58.3kgs. My aim is to get to 52 kgs and also to get a bit toned up. I'm very unfit and not toned at all. I have a large amount of cellulite -unusual for a person my size since I'm not skinny, sure, but I'm not obese.

My plan is to do OMAD everyday Monday - Friday and then eat two meals on Saturday and Sunday.

These are my details:
Height: 160cm
Weight: 58.3kgs

Monday (Weight=58.3kg):
Ate dinner at 11pm. I wasn't feeling too well - perhaps because of the bodily shock of not eating anything for the whole day. Ate Chicken and potato for dinner :)

Tuesday (Weight=57.6kg):
Ate dinner at 9:15pm. Nothing else during the day. I'm not drinking enough water so I definitely need to improve on that. I ate a huge and satisfying dinner. Did some resistance circuits but I do find many of these difficult because I'm quite unfit.

Oh... and I went down 0.7kg in one day!

Wednesday (Weight=57.6kg):

Will let you know how the day proceeds tomorrow :)

Replies

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm new and I've just started this on Monday!
    I'm hoping for a real kickstart to looking great!

Hello 1MADGIRL....so glad to meet you. OMAD will give you the kickstart you need. Let us know if we can help and how you're doing. You can create your own discussion and keep track of your weight loss to share with us. Learning how other people are doing helps us all stay on program. Best wishes to you.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi Madgirl! We're so GLAD you're here! Get ready for such good things to enter into your entire life, via OMAD. YAY YOU for starting a journel. This is the beginning of an adventure that you are going to love. Again, I'm so GLAD you're here.

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Welcome, 1MadGirl!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Thank you!

I feel very welcome :smiley: I'm hoping that by sharing my progress with others I'd stay more focused and maybe even encourage others :)

Yesterday (I'm on a different timezone UTC+01:00) I had dinner at 6pm and had a salad and milkshake.
    It's really strange that I'm really hungry throughout the day but then when its dinnertime I eat a considerable amount less. I can't fit in a usual meal. Amazing!

Today I woke up weighing 57.2kg! Thats another 0.4kg from yesterday! 1.1 kilos in total!

Hope you all have a lovely day/evening!

• Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great start! Best of luck.
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Thank you!

I feel very welcome :smiley: I'm hoping that by sharing my progress with others I'd stay more focused and maybe even encourage others :)

Yesterday (I'm on a different timezone UTC+01:00) I had dinner at 6pm and had a salad and milkshake.
    It's really strange that I'm really hungry throughout the day but then when its dinnertime I eat a considerable amount less. I can't fit in a usual meal. Amazing!

Today I woke up weighing 57.2kg! Thats another 0.4kg from yesterday! 1.1 kilos in total!

Hope you all have a lovely day/evening!

BOOM! You are doing fabulous--keep up the great job, you winner you!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Awesome loss....see you are already an inspiration to us and you didn't even know it. congratulations!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Thank you for all the support! I think of you all when my hunger attacks! :)

I weighed myself this morning and guess what... I now weigh 56.8 kilos! 0.4kg loss!! :) I'm very, very happy.

I carry most of the weight in my thighs and butt area. I'll measure myself during the weekend to see if there's any improvement next week!
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Thank you for all the support! I think of you all when my hunger attacks! :)

I weighed myself this morning and guess what... I now weigh 56.8 kilos! 0.4kg loss!! :) I'm very, very happy.

I carry most of the weight in my thighs and butt area. I'll measure myself during the weekend to see if there's any improvement next week!

Wooooooooooowwwwww....you should be very happy, because you are doing really really well. I'll tell ya what, the idea of being "accountable" and thinking of us on here as we fight this battle to win is so WISE and inspirational. Get it girl--let's do this and NO LOOKING BACK! o:)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Hi!

So I got my measurements today.
    As you will see, my hips and thighs are my worst area:

Waist: 26
    Hips: 38.5
    Chest: 33
    Arms: 10.5 each
    Thighs 22 each
    Stomach 32.5
    Calves: 14.5 each

Ahhh my huge thighs and hips!!!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Hi!

Thighs 22 each
    Stomach 32.5

These are great measurements! I can only dream. Ahhhh...
  • OMADing1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi!

Thighs 22 each
    Stomach 32.5

How brave, courageous and serious minded you are to post your measurements. Taking my measurements were one of the HARDEST/scariest things I've EVER done. I was so full of fear about my scale weight, but my measurements...just total and complete astounding FEAR to take them--sheer dread and woe. That's one of the reasons I consistently post my measurements, to give that spirit of fear the ole one two.

ANYHOO, when I saw your measurements...I immediately thought about a pic that is a motivation for me (when I first took/recorded my measurements) I use this pic as my "model" goal. I think if you see these, her measurements, I think you'll be mighty encouraged and thrilled....here goes:

AmericanVenusOS.jpg

Compared to when I first posted that pic, I've lost a ton of inches, and got a ways to go, but inches close to meeting some of these measurements and I'll still got a long ways to go to make the goal of this woman was the 1st Miss America--so/but you're VERY close to having the figure of a beauty queen already, THE VERY FIRST BEAUTY QUEEN :smiley: --that may be hard for you to believe-or even harder for you to see your figure as absolutely tremendous, but it's true and again, you're truly an inspiration to me! I know you got some goals and we're cheering you on, but ya still got the figure of a classic beauty already--no matter what your mirror or scale tells you o:)

P.S. thus far, my ankles have reached my American Venus goals, and I'm thrilled about it too---seriously o:)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Wow thanks for this! Definitely made me feel so much better! :)

Yay miss beauties!!

I feel all your cheering! I definitely need it!

Today I gained 100 grams ... which isn't too bad especially for a weekend. Let's see how tomorrow is! I ate icecream and drank coke so I guess I deserved it. I also did 50 ab workout reps.

So I'm now 56.9 kilos! I found someone on this forum that started off like me and then ended up being 49 kilos. And she looks fantastic now. I would love to be down to her size but its nice to know that I'm not far for the first Miss America's figure
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    There will be ups and downs for all of us but the most important thing is to keep going, weigh only one time a week, eat one meal a day, and get plenty of sleep and a little sunshine every day. You will get there!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. You have no idea how much I need it! I'm weighing myself daily because I think it helps me stay on track.

I had a party yesterday night so not eating anything during the day was easy! Finger food and drinks to look forward to.

I woke up this morning and I now weight 56.5kgs!
    Today I'm allowing two meals since I can't get out of a midday meal today!
  • OMADing1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hey winner keep up the GREAT thinking and doing!!!!

tumblr_m9c7i4dEtF1qc4uvwo1_400.jpg
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Thank you! Hope you'll have an amazing day!

Today I gained 300grams so I'm up to 56.8kg... but that just means I need to work harder today. To be honest, not bad for having two meals which included pancakes and icecream! Yesterday I walked/jogged (more walked but you know...) for an hour and 15 minutes.

So far I've walked to work (1hr) and I'll have to walk back so thats an extra hour...meaning today I would've walked two hours :) and I definitely won't have two meals today.

I'm aiming to get onto 54kgs by 4th November.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm back down to 56.5kgs ! Yay! I even had a mcflurry and oreos yesterday - but a very very very small dinner to accompany these.

I walked for two hours yesterday (14000 steps)

Today i've already walked for an hour!

Here's to losing more weight!
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Thank you! Hope you'll have an amazing day!

Today I gained 300grams so I'm up to 56.8kg... but that just means I need to work harder today. To be honest, not bad for having two meals which included pancakes and icecream! Yesterday I walked/jogged (more walked but you know...) for an hour and 15 minutes.

So far I've walked to work (1hr) and I'll have to walk back so thats an extra hour...meaning today I would've walked two hours :) and I definitely won't have two meals today.

I'm aiming to get onto 54kgs by 4th November.

You rock, period.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Good morning!

That is so great....keep going. You are doing it!