My Journal - starting OMAD!

Options

Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Does water make us gain weight? I'm drinking more water and gaining weight each time...
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes, water has weight. I'm always heavier when I drink a lot of water but.....it does flush out sale and other things from the body and eventually it all evens out.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Hi Guys!

Does water make us gain weight? I'm drinking more water and gaining weight each time...

Weigh yourself early in the morning after you wake up before drinking any water after you use the bathroom. I think that will give the most consistent weight as far as water effects go since you should have about the same amount of water in you each day at that time (unless you ate some salty stuff or worked out hard).
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Water has weight, but obviously it isn't the same thing as fat. Sixteen ounces of water weighs a little over a pound. The body pulls water into the muscles to repair them after doing exercise. Also water is needed to burn carbs. Water attaches to glycogen and can cause water woosh. Other things that can cause water retention is stress and inflammation as well as eating salty foods, body's hormones, etc.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Thanks guys! I was a bit worried when my scales told me I was 1 kilo heavier... but today it seems to have settled back :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Agh! I seriously can't weight to reach my goals!! Excited! it's on my mind all day long!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Thanks guys! I was a bit worried when my scales told me I was 1 kilo heavier... but today it seems to have settled back :)

Yeah. Don't let normal water fluctuations psyche you out. Stay strong and don't give up.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Hey guys! Good news today. I'm finally a 54er. I weighed in at 54.5 KGS today :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Yeah!!!! You did it.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Thank you :)

Next challenge 53!

Thanks for the support guys. Today or tomorrow I'll measure my hips.

I'm always unsure how I should measure my hips... how tight should I be putting the measuring tape against my thighs?
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thank you :)

Next challenge 53!

Thanks for the support guys. Today or tomorrow I'll measure my hips.

I'm always unsure how I should measure my hips... how tight should I be putting the measuring tape against my thighs?

Snugly. But you have to be sure to do it the same tension each time you measure for accuracy. I pull the tape measure until it hits flat and smoothly.
    --tight enough to keep from sagging. Just make sure that there is no slack but not too tight.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    so enough that it does not push the squishy fat inwards, right?
  • DebSozo
    Options
    so enough that it does not push the squishy fat inwards, right?

Right. Just smooth and snug. Lol.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    haha thanks :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    54.2 now... so close and yet so far!! :)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    You are doing great!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Great job!
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Cheering on, you're an inspiration! banana.gif