November!

Options

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Congrats on the weights, Shelley. And oof!

Chris, congrats on banning the GC monsters. My problem lately is on just a bit too much of the good stuff, like 3 non-dairy yogurt instead of 1, or honey on the oatmeal. Little things are adding up.

We had Thanksgiving eve Chinese food with MIL; then traditional turkey with brother & family yesterday. Win-win all around - they liked having the pecan pie, stuffing and yam leftovers and we liked not having them.

The dishes that tempted me were SIL's sweet cooked baby carrots and fresh green beans. And Niece's amazing salad. I don't like pears, but this was delicious: layers of teeny thin asparagus, then baby lettuce dressed in a light marinade, then chopped soft pears in honey, then pomegranate seeds, sunflowers and pistachio nuts. It was amazing.

SIL is an HP nut; we're going to see Amazing Creatures tomorrow. :bigsmile:

Need to go out and hike before the rain starts up again tomorrow. This weekend am doing KCM from my now-extensive fabulous collection. Am gaining weight, my belly is too jolly and after reading about shelley's weights - my arms feel neglected. Need to exercise more. You're my inspirations.

Love you,
    Paula
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,878 Member
    Options
    No beer would be easy for me. I rarely drink and never beer. But I was so bad. It will take a week to get it off.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,371 Member
    Options
    Me too, Shelley...me too!!

Chris

PS...I rarely drink anymore either, but it would be beer if I did! bwahahahaha!

cap
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,254 Member
    Options
    196.6 this morning. I should have erased it as you did Shelley. Oh well, salt, sugar, butter I know what it is...Thanksgiving was great. Hopefully I can lose those 3lbs in a week or so.

Congrats on the 85lb lift Shelley.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Can't even type it...it has a 4 in it...EGADS!!!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Me too, ugh! 173 again. :sad:

paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Oh my, looks like the gangs all all here and we were so bad. OK everyone erase them numbers and get busy cleaning out the fridge. Yep toss it.

Thanks Kathy. Good thing I had Rocky spotting. Would have had trouble climbing out from underneath if he was not there for me. I did two small sets at 85. 3 reps each. Rocky was there to help with the 3rd rep. Going down was even hard in a controlled way. But I just could not press it back to the top on the 3rd one. I am going for a complete 3 reps tomorrow. My DD Sanara will be spotting. Hope she is ready. Plan B is where I rest the bar on my chest until she can take off some plates! B) There is a song, flaunt what your momma gave you, I lime to bench press to. Not sure if that is the name of the song. But it is my favorite lyric!

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    194.4 this morning. I'm moving in the right direction. I still have my New Year goal in sight...out of the 190s. I'm going to have to be really focused before the Christmas holiday. Another reason I'm glad I work at home 90%!of the time...we have less potlucks and goodie days. Usually only 1 now.

I should get a lot of steps in today. I'm taking my Dad to the Falcons game courtesy of a very special guy who gave me his 2 season tickets. He's with his family in Mississippi. He's really earning Brownue points...first Jamaica now this! ;)

Let's get back to it ladies? We can do this together. :D

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Good job, Kathy! And what a wonderful guy you have there!

Done! Fridge cleaned out, pantry cleaned out, cupboards cleaned out. Yesterday was a good day. Today will be the same. Still have a "4" in my number. Hoping tomorrow it disappears.

I have stopped being lazy. I didn't have the energy to do anything but walk when I was sick, but now it's just lazy. Got on the bike yesterday, and I'll get on the bike today.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Good for you, Chris! And congratulations Shelley for working through that shoulder. Hope it is better soon. Kathy, sounds like a keeper! :smile:

My left hip and left knee and left little toe are all misbehaving. Do they do left-side body replacements?

Best to you all!
    paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Paula!! ya can't be letting the left side do that because you'll end up walking in circles. What did the doc say? I've had issues with those same parts but not at the same time. Please be careful.

Chris
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    127.2 this am. Lost a little bit but that may be due to being sick on Saturday. If nothing else, I am going to maintain during the holidays.
  • cpanus
    Options
    138.4 this morning!! Much lighter on my feet now!! :p

Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    193.6 this morning. Getting there!

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula I think they can replace almost anything these days. :wink:

Happy to hear you are all going down again. My scale was not so nice. And I thought I did good yesterday. I even resisted those darn GC last night! :'( I did manage to keep my bench press up to 85 pounds yesterday. Still only did 2 sets of 3 reps. But they were much cleaner presses!

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Shelley, my scale's like yours, except that I deserved it.

Nibbled like a little pig yesterday and was just soooooo grateful there was only good stuff to stuff in my mouth. (Need to send my brother a thank you for keeping the Thxgvg leftovers.) Still expected to gain 5 pounds, but the scale was only up 1/2 pound this morning.

I'm scared that I'm out of control and doing things wrong - over-eating, under-exercising, hiding from life online and in books.

As soon as they replace my left side, I'll just focus on the GOOD stuff - and there is a lot - and quit thinking about myself - because that's really the solution - do my best and don't sweat the rest.

I need a serious kick in the pants.

Adele is singing her heart and soul out on TV. Amazing.

paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula my kick in the butt came in the form of tighter pants. My uniform pants! Which means either lose the weight or admit to everyone I need larger ones. Well my pride says no way to that.

Find something to remind you of why you lost all that weight in the first place. And get back at it. I would kick you but I can't stretch that far.

Logged my food and workout today. It was great. Went and picked up some yarn to make a topper for some hand towels. They are going to be for a Christmas present.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    For all of us...

uxvjyaaxlf4n.jpg
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Thanks, you two!

I wrote something utterly dramatic and then deleted it. But just having written it made me feel better. And having you here to talk to really helps.

Shelley, I can barely wear my clothes anymore too. I've been eyeing the 1/2 off savings on Lands End size 12 - but it kills me to give up on the size 8 in my closet.

I do want it bad. It's so stunning to want something so bad, and yet sabotage it. Like being schizophrenic and not being able to control what one one me does to another me. ??????!!!!!

Thanks for the advice. :)
    Appreciated more than you know.
    Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Paula, I have that schizophrenic person inside me, too. She takes over and can be here for days. I have to lock her favorite things in the trunk of my car and get them into the cans on trash day before the trucks get here. Then she walks in circles for a while before she settles down and lets the sensible me out. It's a tough road but we can make the right turn, get past the road blocks and continue on our successful journey.

POM POMS UP!!!

wu2872s7qxa7.gif

Shelley!! What are we???

<3<3

Chris

200.gif 863.7K