Amelia's OMAD Journal: Failure, I will succeed, support and advice needed :)

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    another day down! Good on all of us:)
    Yep, six weeks all the way, no backing out, you and me baby, (and anyone else)!

We did it! I wasn't feeling as hungry today. Perhaps my body is adapting to OMAD.

I keep thinking about Joe's video about commitment. The only way to do this is power through the difficult days and enjoy the victories and breakthroughs along the way. I'm kind of proud of us that we didn't quit. "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    handshake accepted, and returned!
    Ha Bob, I think you are on the right path. Thank you:)

No problem. You can do whatever it is you need to do!
  • AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Just thought I'd report in. Haven't lost any weight, in fact I feel much bigger. Been OMADing faithfully all week...Not sure what to do. Maybe I'll try cutting calories back tomorrow... aya ya ya....
    I can stand being hungry during the day, but to not have the reward of a "substantial" meal at the of the day is going to be a tough mental roadblock...
    I really would love to lose 6 pounds (well, I guess 5 now) by new years... :/ it's so frustrating, I feel I'm going to be this size forever.
  • Ihatepeelingoranges
    Options
    How many calories do you normally eat in your one meal ?
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hey guys! Just thought I'd report in. Haven't lost any weight, in fact I feel much bigger.Been OMADing faithfully all week...Not sure what to do. Maybe I'll try cutting calories back tomorrow... aya ya ya....
    I can stand being hungry during the day, but to not have the reward of a "substantial" meal at the of the day is going to be a tough mental roadblock...
    I really would love to lose 6 pounds (well, I guess 5 now) by new years... :/ it's so frustrating, I feel I'm going to be this size forever.

I feel bigger too. I'm having a tough time as well with this process.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You may be losing fat but don't know it. If you are exercising, you may gain muscle and still be losing fat. Also you might be retaining water. You may consider counting cals.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Just thought I'd report in. Haven't lost any weight, in fact I feel much bigger. Been OMADing faithfully all week...Not sure what to do. Maybe I'll try cutting calories back tomorrow... aya ya ya....

Feeling you are going to be that size forever is a negative thought. Negs always lie to us, so dont believe it and keep going =) Ive had the week from hell, but I refuse to quit, quitting will lead to me gaining weight, which leads to hopelessness which leads to depression, self hatred etc.

I want to be a beacon of light on this journey!! I can, I will, I am.

You can, you will, you are. <3<3<3

• mittenswillet
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Hey guys! Just thought I'd report in. Haven't lost any weight, in fact I feel much bigger.Been OMADing faithfully all week...Not sure what to do. Maybe I'll try cutting calories back tomorrow... aya ya ya....

I feel bigger too. I'm having a tough time as well with this process.

the same message is for you too Deb <3<3<3

• OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Feeling you are going to be that size forever is a negative thought. Negs always lie to us, so dont believe it and keep going =) Ive had the week from hell, but I refuse to quit, quitting will lead to me gaining weight, which leads to hopelessness which leads to depression, self hatred etc.

I want to be a beacon of light on this journey!! I can, I will, I am.

You can, you will, you are. <3<3<3

Wow--YES! Utter TRUTH, power-filled, I mean business, I ain't playing with this mess no more, truth you've so wonerfully spoken here...not just for Amelia, but for me too--BOOM!!
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Oh gosh you guys are fab, thanks so much!
    Yes, Bob, my intake has been at around 11-1400 cals.(a little higher on the days I did some long hikes) I'm going to cut right down on the things I can't measure EXACTLY (e.g. what on earth IS the exact calorie content of roast chicken, bought from a shop? Depends on many factors), cut out the cheese, the little supplemental goodies, at least for a week and see if that makes any difference. (these were all weighed btw, I've been weighing everything, butter I cook with, etc, and always calculating on the slightly higher end of the scale).
    Strangely enough I woke up feeling smaller today. May have burnt some calories off in a passionate embrace last night :)
    Had 1 glass of wine last night o:)
    Went to an exhibition thursday and was sober the whole night:)
    I'm sticking to my promises to myself.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Kitty I'm bummed to hear you had a rough week, if it's any consolation I did too (I don't say this to bring the attention back to me, just to commiserate and let you know you aren't alone) and to say, maybe it's something planetary, in the stars. I'm blaming it on that anyway...
    If you ever need to unburden yourself, I'm here for you.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Kitty I'm bummed to hear you had a rough week, if it's any consolation I did too (I don't say this to bring the attention back to me, just to commiserate and let you know you aren't alone) and to say, maybe it's something planetary, in the stars. I'm blaming it on that anyway...
    If you ever need to unburden yourself, I'm here for you.

Thankyou Amelia xoxox that means alot to me... and vice versa!!

• AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    No probs Kitty, anytime!
    Sunday had some neapolitan pizza. If y'all don't know what that is, Naples is the birthplace of pizza.
    It's is simple, amazing, with tomatoes from the slopes of vesuvius, basil and mozzarella, cooked in a wood oven, until it's has scorched bits underneath.
    Ecco:cw1rw2hf923e.jpeg
    I ate 3/4's of it, reluctantly, for it was delicious, but I didn't want to break OMAD (and wheat does it to me every time).
    The man I was with then took me home later and fed me one of these: Sfogliatella0ebvqe6pe2qn.jpeg
    . Another Napolitani tradition, layers of pastry with a lemon ricotta filling.

When I came home, I ate again, needed some protein, tomatoes, capsicum and fruit.
    I did this as the wheat throws me off and I don't get what I need (nutrients that tide me over) from it.

My point, I guess, is that I seemed to have turned a corner. These foods are delicious but I do not reach for them by myself, I do not want them. I am eating them socially, as opposed to in secret.
    Also, I was not hungry yesterday. I was not hungry today. Today I am back on OMAD. (just ate- 500 calorie meal (don't be frightened guys, I haven't seen any weight move so it's kind of a 500 calorie 5 day experiment to see how tough I can be. it ain't forever). Wasn't starving all day like normal. I have plenty of energy. I am feeling really positive and looking forward to continuing, and it getting better, and conquering mind over body. (or brain over primal urges)
    I'll see the fellow a bit later this week as he wants to watch a film, but told him I'm cooking: octopus scorched until a little charred, with peppers, garlic, chili and basil. He can get the wine. (1 glass for me).
    Oh! also Guys! I had one glass of wine last week, full stop! Didn't want more! I feel so much stronger in my determination and promises to myself, not that kind of "convincing myself" strength, but that inner determination that I'm going to do it! I'm going to beat my eating compulsion. I'm going to beat this monster of gluttony. I'm going to win over my urges.

So come on y'all, if this former alcohol and food addicted, binge eating, depressed little lady can beat this, come and join me
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Sounds like OMAD is getting to you Amelia. That's a good thing! A feeling of control will come over a person once they get into the habit of eating this way. Then more benefits will surface and you will be hooked. Best wishes.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Also, I don't know about you guys, but I've been feeling real down lately, and I've noticed it has bled over into all areas of my life. I'm schlepping around in scungy slippers, my house cardigan, no makeup (not that I think it's necessary, but you know, not making the most of myself), crappy hair like a scarecrow, no motivation, letting things in my appearance, my attitude and my productivity slide. For many reasons, but a lot of them are at least related to feeling fat and unworthy.
    I'm gonna kick the pants off this lousy attitude tomorrow: personal grooming, going to the hairdresser (first time in a million years), get dressed properly, get up early and attend to my life, dang it. I don't want to feel down on myself. Isn't it ridiculous how feeling unworthy affects your whole life.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Thanks Linda!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Also, I don't know about you guys, but I've been feeling real down lately, and I've noticed it has bled over into all areas of my life. I'm schlepping around in scungy slippers, my house cardigan, no makeup (not that I think it's necessary, but you know, not making the most of myself), crappy hair like a scarecrow, no motivation, letting things in my appearance, my attitude and my productivity slide. For many reasons, but a lot of them are at least related to feeling fat and unworthy.
    I'm gonna kick the pants off this lousy attitude tomorrow: personal grooming, going to the hairdresser (first time in a million years), get dressed properly, get up early and attend to my life, dang it. I don't want to feel down on myself. Isn't it ridiculous how feeling unworthy affects your whole life.

I do know exactly what you are talking about. This morning I had planned to go out to do errands. I grabbed a pair of ribbed gray tights, top, black skirt and boots. When I squeezed on the tights a muffin top spilled over. Then the top showed the little roll on top. I put on the skirt and saw a tummy bump. Ugh. In disgust I thought the same thing as you, Amelia. I just took all the cute clothes off because I didn't feel like I had the body to carry off the outfit. So now I'm in a baggy tee shirt and stretchy pants feeling like a pudgy frumpy blob.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Alright Deb, we gotta change this. It's absurd. If I were to look at you, or anyone else for that matter, all I see is light and beauty shining out and think they are infinitely worthy, of anything, love, care, compassion, a wonderful life. I always have seen this. Yet I cannot give it to myself. We deserve so much more than that.
  • mittenswillet
    edited November 2016
    Options
    yep agree with Amelia 2million percent.

I hear you about the bumps, I choose to ignore them, i just dress all in black and dominate the town hahah. my bumps are just love bits that are melting away slowly =)

Lol try putting on fake eyelashes with no glue hahahha (that has been my issue for 2 weeks now, trying to scrounge up glue from my drying bottle , but finally today my husband and I got a new client, so I was able to splash out on 25 sek eyelash glue today...........yay!!!! )

keep your head high and keep the posative thoughts, light and love shining through darling x0x0x0

lol i just converted 25 sek to usd....2.50 usd...wtf??? sounds stupid hey? but we were on a budget of 28bucks a week until the end of January and actually sticking to it.....we all rock when hard times try us. =)
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    AmeliaOMAD wrote: »
    Alright Deb, we gotta change this. It's absurd. If I were to look at you, or anyone else for that matter, all I see is light and beauty shining out and think they are infinitely worthy, of anything, love, care, compassion, a wonderful life. I always have seen this. Yet I cannot give it to myself. We deserve so much more than that.

Wow Amelia...this is so DEEP what you've written here. I can soooo, totally relate to this as well. It's amazing quite frankly and strangely humbling too.