Amelia's OMAD Journal: Failure, I will succeed, support and advice needed :)

Options

Replies

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    AmeliaOMAD wrote: »
    Also, I don't know about you guys, but I've been feeling real down lately, and I've noticed it has bled over into all areas of my life. I'm schlepping around in scungy slippers, my house cardigan, no makeup (not that I think it's necessary, but you know, not making the most of myself), crappy hair like a scarecrow, no motivation, letting things in my appearance, my attitude and my productivity slide. For many reasons, but a lot of them are at least related to feeling fat and unworthy.
    I'm gonna kick the pants off this lousy attitude tomorrow: personal grooming, going to the hairdresser (first time in a million years), get dressed properly, get up early and attend to my life, dang it. I don't want to feel down on myself. Isn't it ridiculous how feeling unworthy affects your whole life.

I like your attitude...think positive and move forward. Before I began losing weight, sometimes I felt like I didn't have the energy to get 'fixed' up on weekends when I was off work. I made a promise to myself that I would get up at 6:30 am on weekends, dress in nice clothes, put on makeup, and fix my hair by 9 am. Doing this has totally transformed how I feel for the rest of the day. It makes me feel happy, have more energy, and helps me want to leave the house to get my errands done. Now it has become a habit and I look forward to dressing nice just for me. Try it....I'm sure you will begin to feel differently. ♥
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    AmeliaOMAD wrote: »
    Alright Deb, we gotta change this. It's absurd. If I were to look at you, or anyone else for that matter, all I see is light and beauty shining out and think they are infinitely worthy, of anything, love, care, compassion, a wonderful life. I always have seen this. Yet I cannot give it to myself. We deserve so much more than that.

We share the same feelings along the way. The weird thing is I'm feeling them at the same time as you do!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any problems fixing my hair or makeup:). I guess I have my own issues to deal with though. Keep on plugging along. I always think one step forward is better than none. Sometimes we will make quick progress and other times it might be slow. Good luck!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I haven't had any problems fixing my hair or makeup:). I guess I have my own issues to deal with though. Keep on plugging along. I always think one step forward is better than none. Sometimes we will make quick progress and other times it might be slow. Good luck!

Hahaha. I was wondering how guys cope. Men don't seem to worry too much about a couple pounds of fat distribution. Well I suppose there are some men who worry about body fat %.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I saw a real funny cartoon once that I think is based on some reality. A fat guy was looking in the mirror and said to himself, "Not too bad"! His skinny wife looked in the mirror and thought, "I look so fat". We (guys) are just generally slobs I guess and don't care as much as we should!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    It is relative to perspective. The good thing is guys don't notice what we women perceive as "flaws" in our bodies. Thankfully men are more pragmatic and accepting than we women give them credit for.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    This is refreshing:
    https://youtu.be/pgziwrIK_BA
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    It is relative to perspective. The good thing is guys don't notice what we women perceive as "flaws" in our bodies. Thankfully men are more pragmatic and accepting than we women give them credit for.

Totally true. We guys see (for me) the hair, the frame (above and below), the arms and shoulders, the eyes, etc. But especially al natural types like me...I'm like, hey, just bring me a confident woman who loves herself and I'm THAT much closer to digging her!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    yep agree with Amelia 2million percent.

I hear you about the bumps, I choose to ignore them, i just dress all in black and dominate the town hahah. my bumps are just love bits that are melting away slowly =)

Lol try putting on fake eyelashes with no glue hahahha (that has been my issue for 2 weeks now, trying to scrounge up glue from my drying bottle , but finally today my husband and I got a new client, so I was able to splash out on 25 sek eyelash glue today...........yay!!!! )

keep your head high and keep the posative thoughts, light and love shining through darling x0x0x0

lol i just converted 25 sek to usd....2.50 usd...wtf??? sounds stupid hey? but we were on a budget of 28bucks a week until the end of January and actually sticking to it.....we all rock when hard times try us. =)

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I'm going through a rough financial time as well (till beginning 2018) so lets give each other courage :)
  • DebSozo
    Options

Totally true. We guys see (for me) the hair, the frame (above and below), the arms and shoulders, the eyes, etc. But especially al natural types like me...I'm like, hey, just bring me a confident woman who loves herself and I'm THAT much closer to digging her!

Yes confidence. We must be sure not to tie confidence to weight loss. I feel less sure about myself when I can't force the scale to move. Then I somehow feel "disqualified". Hahaha. Ridiculuous, eh?
  • AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    absolutely guys! Thank you so much for all the support! I'm there with you on the financial situation too... we will get there. Congratulations on the new client Kitty! Why until the start of 2018 1MADGIRL? That sounds super rough! Money is a tough one, but having grown up without it you place your value on other things, which is a nice way to look at it I guess.

Another 600 calorie day. I'm no hungrier on this amount than 1200, go figure. See if I can make it on this until friday. Again my reasons for doing this super low calorie count are threefold:

1. To try to kickstart some losses.

2. To further reduce my psychological dependence on food. Even at 1200 I was stuffing my face (veggies high volume), and still couldn't make the transition from equating STUFFED with satisfied. I don't need that much food. I am not going to die if I am a little hungry. There are people in this world without the luxury of the food we have. Since being an adult (I don't want to bring out the violin here, it's just a bit of background: Mum didn't feed us growing up so we were always starving, hence the food issues as an adult) I have always made sure I had food at every interval, never wanting to be even slightly hungry. People all around the world have far less than I do now, it's a good reminder of that fact.

3. I'm hoping this discipline can carry over into the rest of my life.

Went to salon today (a big reminder why I never go, I got a "permanent wave" and came out looking like a poodle). Bit of a bummer but you can only laugh! Now instead of putting a wave in my hair every morning I have to work the opposite way, straighten out the °curls°. You live, you learn.

And yes, thanks for the comments on appearance... I NEVER look at a friend, a loved one, a lover and pick faults out of them.They are beautiful to me because that is part of who they are. A little bit of pudge, some scarring, all of it. We don't love them because they are beautiful, they are beautiful because we love them.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Hmmm....Just realized my Number 1 reason for OMAD.

I'm not unhappy with myself because I'm overweight.
    I'm unhappy THAT I am overweight, and the reason behind that is extreme self loathing stemming from a lifetime of addictive, procrastinatory, self defeating behavior that CAUSED the weight, and more addictive, procrastinatory, self-defeating behavior, which, in turn, again caused the self loathing, which has led to me not committing to many things in my life.
    I was in a downward spiral, and I'm OMADing as a way back into my life.

I for so long have felt on the outside, looking in at a life I could be living, but I have locked myself out of the party.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

Ha-Ha-Ha....come on Bob, tell the truth!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited November 2016
    Options

Thanks Joe....confidence will get you far.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Amelia, I remember going to the salon and getting a frizzy poodle perm. I went out and bought a perm kit, mixed it up, combed it through, waited a few minutes, rinsed it out, and it permanently straightened out all of the curls. Lol.

I'm doing OMAD because I can't lose weight. I'm scared to go below 1200 though because I'm worried about my body adapting to low calories. Then I would weigh the same eating less calories!
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Deb is right. We used to do this in beauty school to straighten someone's hair if they didn't like it being too curly. Just use perm solution and comb it really straight and leave it in for a little bit and rinse it out and use the setting lotion stuff and should be good to go. I suggest using a conditioning treatment though since you used a perm back to back. Will make your hair less damaged.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    fab guys! Thanks, I just bought some off eBay. Not too looking too bad today.
    800 calories today. Twas a COLD one here in Napoli. Non va bene. Got a little °hangry° so ate over the 500.
    Tomorrow 500. Having a cheat day saturday but will try to keep it around 1200 calories, getting around the social eating thing by cooking for the date with the fellow instead of eating out. Mmm charred octopus... plus hugs approaching, should keep the cold away on Saturday at least.
    Sending you all love and support today, we are doing good guys, especially in this biting cold season...
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    kabrigail wrote: »
    Deb is right. We used to do this in beauty school to straighten someone's hair if they didn't like it being too curly. Just use perm solution and comb it really straight and leave it in for a little bit and rinse it out and use the setting lotion stuff and should be good to go. I suggest using a conditioning treatment though since you used a perm back to back. Will make your hair less damaged.

Yes. Definitely use the setting lotion to make the bonds permanently straighter and use the conditioner treatment to replace the lost oils and prevent dryness. Amelia I hope you got a mild normal home perm one. (BTW Don't use a relaxer. That will break your hair off. Too strong.)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Can you guys recommend any brands? Would love to hear how it turned out Amelia!
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Hi Deb! Yeah I just got the "medium" one (there were three, one for virgin untreated, treated, and heavily damaged). Waiting on the neutralizer/ fixer.
    I threw a whole pile of coconut oil in the night I got home from the hairdresser, and left it in for several hours. I'll keep doing that every few days or so.
    600 cals again today, though today I feel reeeeaaallly tired and exhausted with a banging headache, which is a bummer because my motivation to get things done is high but I'm dead tired. Actually I feel exactly the same 4 days in on a 5-800 calorie diet as I did on my first week of OMAD (when I was doing 11-1300 a day) so maybe I'll get used to this too. Though like I said, this amount of calories is very low and it's a very short term exercise.
    ah screw the tiredness. I'm gonna clean my space and get down to work before heading out for ceramics class today. I will feel tired if either way, may as well feel productive.

1MADGIRL, here's the way link:http://www.ebay.de/itm/172302305846?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT