Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    DebSozo wrote: »

Awesome. I tend to stress out if I weigh or measure too frequently. I'm hoping to lose 2 pounds a month and be at goal by April. If I lose quicker I'll be thrilled.

But last 10 pounds comes off very slowly. I've tried more aggressive dieting but my body will hit a wall and rebel if I push too hard.

and if i can guess, you probably won't stick to it if its too aggressive !

So you can weigh yourself at the end of every month if you like :)This month will be tough with Christmas and New years!

I'm thinking if I can maintain at the very least this month ahead that on New Years Day I won't be fighting to kick off freshly gained holiday weight. If I lose even one pound for December I will be satisfied.

Honestly if this time next year I've lost and kept off 10 pounds by then I will be so happy. But I'm pushing myself to lose 10 pounds by April. THAT is going to be tough for my turtle slow losing pattern unless something major happens to rev up my RMR.
    :)
    I'm thinking of weighing at the "beginning" of each month. That way I will have the mindset of starting fresh each month with a lower start weight.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have faith! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? Sounds like not much. If your close, I would do some exercise like walk up to an hour 3xweek (build up to it). An hour of walking will burn about 300 cals or so. It adds up. Are you exercising?
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    How much weight do you have to lose? Sounds like not much. If your close, I would do some exercise like walk up to an hour 3xweek (build up to it). An hour of walking will burn about 300 cals or so. It adds up. Are you exercising?

10 pounds would be great. If I can lose 15 then I'll be 5 under goal and have leeway for fluctuations. I tend to fluctuate within 4 pounds up or down at maintenance.
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I lost 1 pound in two weeks, which is my goal. My goal is to lose 2 pounds a month. OMAD is working. The reason I didn't get a big water woosh down like most people do at the beginning of diets is because I came into this OMAD community already having lost that initial water weight.

My TDEE is very close to the amount that I eat, therefore I have a small deficit. So I know that this is a long haul. I dare not go too aggressively or I will slow down and get fatigued. I'm working to stay at or below TDEE calories each day. I feel great and know that I have passed some kind of milestone in the process.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    oh my god Deb that's amazing! Congratulations!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    AmeliaOMAD wrote: »
    oh my god Deb that's amazing! Congratulations!

Amazingly unexpected. It just "happened".
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb....it seems when you're not hard on yourself and just follow the program you eventually lose. I'm so happy for you.

yzdtnsczn6o9.jpg
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Hi Deb....it seems when you're not hard on yourself and just follow the program you eventually lose. I'm so happy for you.

yzdtnsczn6o9.jpg

That is true. When I relax I do better. When I stress out I tend to hold onto weight. Diet changes can stress the body. I think I was in an adjustment period the first two weeks.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Hubby wanted Digiorno rising crust meatball pizza last night. I had two small slices (310 calories a slice) and that was it. Today I do not have the normal bloating afterward. I'm not sure what is going on, but I like it!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I like Dr. Berg and may try these tips:
    https://youtu.be/49wFC02H6YQ
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Go Deb! Thats amazing :)
  • Nymba
    Nymba Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Deb! That's awesome!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Congrats Deb!!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I've managed to keep the one pound off so far... now on to the next pound... This is good news.
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how to personally adjust my eating window.
    https://youtu.be/4B0QomFrjsM
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    You have to find what is comfortable for you. No one can tell you a time so pick a time and after several days if that doesn't work then tweek it a little.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    Hi Deb, how's it going? Just thought I'd check in with you. How are you doing? I'm still here! Had a blowout weekend 'cause guests, yes bad excuse, but it was done. The good news is, I had a 600 day yesterday and seems to be back at the weight i started before they arrived. I'm not sure yet, but it seems these few (3-5) super low calorie days a week kick start my metabolism somewhat. I have NO guests until christmas, I'm really looking forward to three whole weeks of quietness, to get *kitten* done, and to be able to focus on OMAD, and to do 3 weeks of the low calories thing (interspersed with higher calorie days). Seems the up-and downness of the calorie intake is doing something.
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Amelia! What you are doing sounds a lot like 5:2 intermittent fasting except you are doing 3 days a week.

I can hardly believe that we have less than 2 weeks to go until Christmas.