Replies

• lizloves2laugh
    lizloves2laugh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :) mine is is less than 2 weeks
  • gamommy
    gamommy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've just started the process for the sleeve surgery. I'm in my first month of working with the dietician. Looking forward to the surgery and meeting other folks who have also had it done! :)
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    annglenn wrote: »
    To HopelesslyFat2014. I am 66 years old & had my sleeve done on 8/23/2016. HW-308,SW-245.3, CW-221, GW-150. I am losing really slow also. The dr. said it's because I lost a good bit of weight before surgery & my age. I am 5'7".

We had our surgery the same day!! :) Hope all is well with you!!
  • babycakes8908
    babycakes8908 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 12 days post op sleeve. I'm looking for anyone that post regularly. I'm unsure half the time what to eat.
  • mmkorn22
    mmkorn22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery on February 21, 2017. Still adjusting to my new eating habits. Trying to also adhere to a low-carb diet (50 carbs/day). Doing surprisingly well with that despite a couple of slip-ups. I log in everyday and keep track of friends' progress even though I'm somewhat quiet.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @babycakes8908 there are some great websites/blogs to check out:

The World According To Eggface - her eric Ott's Bake is awesome and a great post op food

Bariatric Foodie - Love her taco bake - also a good post op food

Bariatric Eating - love her products but her return policy stinks. I have made her manicotti, vanilla custards, air fried chicken (made it in the oven), no pie pumpkin pie and am really looking forward to trying her no sugar added chocolate chip cookies, lemon meringue pie and General Tso's chicken. Those are just a few - the recipes I have made were all excellent

Skinnytaste

EmilyBites

Good luck!
  • babycakes8908
    babycakes8908 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    @babycakes8908 there are some great websites/blogs to check out:

The World According To Eggface - her eric Ott's Bake is awesome and a great post op food

Bariatric Foodie - Love her taco bake - also a good post op food

Bariatric Eating - love her products but her return policy stinks. I have made her manicotti, vanilla custards, air fried chicken (made it in the oven), no pie pumpkin pie and am really looking forward to trying her no sugar added chocolate chip cookies, lemon meringue pie and General Tso's chicken. Those are just a few - the recipes I have made were all excellent

Skinnytaste

EmilyBites

Good luck!

Thank you❤
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Anytime :)
  • jasperandlady1960
    jasperandlady1960 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve done in June 2016 so am 9 months out. Feel free to add me
    Highest Weight - 351
    Current Weight - 242
    Goal Weight - 160
    I to am looking for some support and could use some friends
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    On Jan 26, 2016 I had a 3 procedure surgery, my gallbladder was removed, had a hernia repair (which has come back) and the sleeve. Recovery was pretty easy for me. The only difficulty I had was the gas settled in my right shoulder and it took about a month to leave me. I am not able to walk without the use of a cane or rollator and can't walk for more than 5 minutes at a time before the back pain set in.
    Food wise I was on 2 weeks of liquids after surgery. 3rd week I got to add an egg a day. The 4th week I was allowed to add dense protein and felt so much better. Since that surgery I have lost 100 pounds for a total loss of 280 pounds.
    Good luck to all those having surgery soon. If I can do it with all my physical limitations I know you all can do it too. It was the best thing for me. I hope to be to my goal by the end of summer. If you want some support feel free to friend me. I will try to do my best to encourage, support and help you.
  • amystarfish
    amystarfish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 4/6/16 - please add me!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @amystarfish - adding you! I had my bypass 4/18/16. Happy early surgeversary to you!!!
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just added you!! I was sleeved Jan 30th,2017.
  • icysweet08
    icysweet08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me, I had VSG on 3/28 so I'm a week post-op
  • Marissachapasko
    Marissachapasko Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sleeved March 14th, feel free to add me!
  • prettydreamy
    prettydreamy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i was sleeved last monday! feel free to add me. :)
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I'll be getting sleeved within the next month or so. Feel free to add me
  • Puppies4Lovies
    Puppies4Lovies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    VSG is scheduled for April 21st. Its just around the corner now! So excited. To anyone looking for friends, please add me! :)
  • weight_in_vain
    weight_in_vain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve surgery on June 27th, 2017 and have lost about 160 Pounds. Would love to have more mfp friends going through the same journey. Please feel free to add me!