Are we Ready???

Options
genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
For all the newbies joining us Jan 1! :p I've personally experienced soooo much encouragement, support, and kindness on this forum along with endless patience from the mods :) So I reminded myself when I see the 10th post about ketosis or ketostix, to repay the kindness I recieved with the like. :) Thank you all for setting such a good example for me :)

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Woohoo, I am ready! I get so excited when people start. There's so much promise and joy.
    Nicely said. :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Speaking of the breath....Does it really ever go away? LOL I'm about to kill my husband off!
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder to be nice! I will be....the only thing that gets me is I dont want people to think I jumped on the keto train...Its like I bought my ticket almost a year ago..lol
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Maybe we should have some stock FAQ's in the can......

Q: My breath could kill a corpse. Is it because I've entered the state of ketosis or could it be the 4 cans of sardines I ate for breakfast?

A:

Q: Which of these does not belong: Sorbitol, Miralax, generic Metformin, Xylitol, Water, Magnesium Citrate?

A:

I had a few to add...I couldn't. They just came across as mean and bitchy...

But HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! YESSSS!!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Maybe we should have some stock FAQ's in the can......

Q: My breath could kill a corpse. Is it because I've entered the state of ketosis or could it be the 4 cans of sardines I ate for breakfast?

A:

Q: Which of these does not belong: Sorbitol, Miralax, generic Metformin, Xylitol, Water, Magnesium Citrate?

A:

Ladies only - TOM question

(totally guilty of this one as my first thread started here)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I will disqualify myself on that one....
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Now that must have been a relief!

Life would be easier for new arrivals if the *kitten* discussions were only reasonably easy to search.

Or if people would take heed of the screaming "START HERE" banner on the Launch Pad sticky!

I wonder if there's a way to point people toward the Launch Pad when they ask to join the group, or perhaps a "Top Ten Qs of New Members" item, which could include a link to the Launch Pad.

A poll would be interesting. I'm curious what the top ten Qs might be...
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »
    Speaking of the breath....Does it really ever go away? LOL I'm about to kill my husband off!

It seems to go away faster for some than for others. It took 6 months before my bad breath went away, and I tried literally everything to get rid of it, including significantly dropping my protein. But 6 months later, it's been fine ever since. Guess we're all just different :wink:
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »

I hear a lot about this, but it is not something that I experienced at all. I guess I got lucky.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    How about

I'm a T2D....
    Should I worry about hypoglycemia?
    How long does it take to get my BG down?
    How often should I test?
    What will happen if I eat a lot of carbs?
    How do I find a doctor who will work with me?