Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Are we Ready???

genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
For all the newbies joining us Jan 1! :p I've personally experienced soooo much encouragement, support, and kindness on this forum along with endless patience from the mods :) So I reminded myself when I see the 10th post about ketosis or ketostix, to repay the kindness I recieved with the like. :) Thank you all for setting such a good example for me :)

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Woohoo, I am ready! I get so excited when people start. There's so much promise and joy.
    Nicely said. :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Speaking of the breath....Does it really ever go away? LOL I'm about to kill my husband off!
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Thanks for the reminder to be nice! I will be....the only thing that gets me is I dont want people to think I jumped on the keto train...Its like I bought my ticket almost a year ago..lol
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Maybe we should have some stock FAQ's in the can......

Q: My breath could kill a corpse. Is it because I've entered the state of ketosis or could it be the 4 cans of sardines I ate for breakfast?

A:

Q: Which of these does not belong: Sorbitol, Miralax, generic Metformin, Xylitol, Water, Magnesium Citrate?

A:

I had a few to add...I couldn't. They just came across as mean and bitchy...

But HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! YESSSS!!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Maybe we should have some stock FAQ's in the can......

Q: My breath could kill a corpse. Is it because I've entered the state of ketosis or could it be the 4 cans of sardines I ate for breakfast?

A:

Q: Which of these does not belong: Sorbitol, Miralax, generic Metformin, Xylitol, Water, Magnesium Citrate?

A:

Ladies only - TOM question

(totally guilty of this one as my first thread started here)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited December 2016
    I will disqualify myself on that one....
  • RalfLott
    Now that must have been a relief!

Life would be easier for new arrivals if the *kitten* discussions were only reasonably easy to search.

Or if people would take heed of the screaming "START HERE" banner on the Launch Pad sticky!

I wonder if there's a way to point people toward the Launch Pad when they ask to join the group, or perhaps a "Top Ten Qs of New Members" item, which could include a link to the Launch Pad.

A poll would be interesting. I'm curious what the top ten Qs might be...
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    swezeytba wrote: »
    Speaking of the breath....Does it really ever go away? LOL I'm about to kill my husband off!

It seems to go away faster for some than for others. It took 6 months before my bad breath went away, and I tried literally everything to get rid of it, including significantly dropping my protein. But 6 months later, it's been fine ever since. Guess we're all just different :wink:
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    swezeytba wrote: »

I hear a lot about this, but it is not something that I experienced at all. I guess I got lucky.
  • RalfLott
    How about

I'm a T2D....
    Should I worry about hypoglycemia?
    How long does it take to get my BG down?
    How often should I test?
    What will happen if I eat a lot of carbs?
    How do I find a doctor who will work with me?