Are we Ready???

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Usually there's questions about where alcohol fits into the diet. Also exercise - the when, how much, and why am I tired sort of thing.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    swezeytba wrote: »
    Speaking of the breath....Does it really ever go away? LOL I'm about to kill my husband off!

I hear a lot about this, but it is not something that I experienced at all. I guess I got lucky.

Same here. Though as an athlete I practice much more cyclical ketosis and metabolic flexibility. That may be part of it.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    LOLMy stock answer is: check your proein levels. High protein will cause bad breath. If your protein is moderate, then.... maybe not. A minority seem to get bad breath on a LCHF diet and it sometimes stays. Then again, losing weight can cause bad breath too. That goes away once you stop losing.

LOL I'm not very helpful, am I? I'll need to work on that before Jan 1st. ;)

Well...at least you are trying to be helpful....that has to count for something. Protein levels should be okay as I'm trying to be very strict with both my carb and protein macros since I'm doing keto for my epilepsy, so rarely go over 50g per day of protein.

Maybe my body is just in shock overall!
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options

It seems to go away faster for some than for others. It took 6 months before my bad breath went away, and I tried literally everything to get rid of it, including significantly dropping my protein. But 6 months later, it's been fine ever since. Guess we're all just different :wink:

Well I've only been at this 2 1/2 weeks so guess I might need to be more patient :blush: Husband might have an overly sensitive nose too!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Am I the only hippie here who embraces the ketosis pits?
  • ZissouRN
    ZissouRN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey all - day 4. Started working out this week as well. As you can probably guess, I am one of those all or nothing people, LOL.

Considering all the changes: I feel pretty good. Looking forward to being part of a group, giving and receiving positive and encouraging feedback, and feeling better all around.

So be kind - I've experimented with the way of eating before, but will probably still have some questions.

K
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Klepree wrote: »
    Hey all - day 4. Started working out this week as well. As you can probably guess, I am one of those all or nothing people, LOL.

Considering all the changes: I feel pretty good. Looking forward to being part of a group, giving and receiving positive and encouraging feedback, and feeling better all around.

So be kind - I've experimented with the way of eating before, but will probably still have some questions.

K

If you didn't have questions, I would assume that would be because you weren't really being honest and trying. :)
  • ZissouRN
    ZissouRN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :)

Thanks Buddy : )

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I feel like all of these things are answered in the launchpad links.
    Maybe just one last post that attaches the direct links immediately after the question?

I can gather some of those links to help if that's what's being suggested.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    I feel like all of these things are answered in the launchpad links.
    Maybe just one last post that attaches the direct links immediately after the question?

I can gather some of those links to help if that's what's being suggested.

Yes but like Ralf mentioned people don't seem to look at them lol Maybe when one of those questions are asked, we can kindly direct them to the launchpad. For example:

How can I know if I am in ketosis?

Member answers briefly and then says "Please take a look at our stickypad, it has a wealth of informations and answers to most Keto/Lc questions :)" I see that most mods do that but after like 12 responses from us regular members lol. Maybe if we all got in the habit of doing that it would work ya know? IDK just my opinion :)

Yep, I do think the LP would be used more if the advice to consult it were given often and consistently!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I think part of it is that people don't want to read...especially if it's long. I know the information is helpful but some people want to be given a cheat sheet instead of reading the whole thing.

The article @Sunny_Bunny_ posted re: keto straight talk...I opened it up, read the first few paragraphs and then just went 'Ah, this is too long'.

I like cheat sheets too...maybe as an introduction: Keto Cliff Notes?

I started to try to give points on what the article said but quickly realized it was just so perfectly stated there about as short and simple as was possible. That's why I was so adamant that people read it. I hesitated to get started reading it at first too when she noted how long it was "even for her" because she definitely writes a lot. But, I've really become a huge fan of hers since recently discovering her blog. She had such a great way of dishing it out straight but letting you know she understands and isn't judging but sincerely trying to help make things clear and simple so that more people can be successful. Because let's face it, when people fail at low carb, it's typically because they were aiming for something waaaay too specific besides simple health and weight loss. Or became overwhelmed with trying to decipher the science that so many of us love that can so easily over complicate a really simple thing.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I think part of it is that people don't want to read...especially if it's long. I know the information is helpful but some people want to be given a cheat sheet instead of reading the whole thing.

The article @Sunny_Bunny_ posted re: keto straight talk...I opened it up, read the first few paragraphs and then just went 'Ah, this is too long'.

My joke at work is my attention span is so short I could almost be in sales. ooh...squirrel!

Anyway, bullet points are good. I like the launchpad, but I like the other parts of the announcement section better because they are more specific. I love the fact there is now the "diabetic discussion" section because everyone who is diabetic can quickly go to those items which are most relevant.

Perhaps leave the "Start Here" announcement, but then also put individual sections from it as stand alone announcements such as the one for recipes and the one for FAQ that are inside of the Start Here announcement. One of them is "Open Threads- Member threads full of information on many topics of interest to low-carbers. Counting calories vs. not counting, favorite podcasts, ketostix, health issues/troubleshooting, motivational posts, success stories: you find all of those and more in this collection." That covers many of the common questions above. When going into the LP, there is just so much, it could seem a bit overwhelming for a newbie.

BTW, my name is Cliff. I feel like those Cliff Notes were made specifically for me.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

My joke at work is my attention span is so short I could almost be in sales. ooh...squirrel!

Anyway, bullet points are good. I like the launchpad, but I like the other parts of the announcement section better because they are more specific. I love the fact there is now the "diabetic discussion" section because everyone who is diabetic can quickly go to those items which are most relevant.

Perhaps leave the "Start Here" announcement, but then also put individual sections from it as stand alone announcements such as the one for recipes and the one for FAQ that are inside of the Start Here announcement. One of them is "Open Threads- Member threads full of information on many topics of interest to low-carbers. Counting calories vs. not counting, favorite podcasts, ketostix, health issues/troubleshooting, motivational posts, success stories: you find all of those and more in this collection." That covers many of the common questions above. When going into the LP, there is just so much, it could seem a bit overwhelming for a newbie.

BTW, my name is Cliff. I feel like those Cliff Notes were made specifically for me.

Look, guys! We found an author for the abridged version of the Launch Pad. LOL JK...but if you want to!

• KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Am I the only hippie here who embraces the ketosis pits?

Idk, but idk anymore if its from keto or what...but deodorant does not work for me NO MO
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll never win the Sweetheart of the Year contest lol. YOU might, though. ;)