Getting back on Keto wagon (January challenge 2017)

Options

Replies

• Suzanne_Pmonkey
    Suzanne_Pmonkey Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    1/1/17: 276.6
    1/8/17: 266.2
    1/15/17: 262.9

Another good loss, but I'm leery about this one. Had a few glasses of wine last night, and for some reason I always seem to have a low number the morning after drinks. Then it goes right back up again the following day. That might have something to do with the munchies that come the day after alcohol. I didn't do too bad today, though I did get a snack attack tonight. Had some cheese and pepperoni and that did the trick.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    1/1/17: 276.6
    1/8/17: 266.2
    1/15/17: 262.9

Another good loss, but I'm leery about this one. Had a few glasses of wine last night, and for some reason I always seem to have a low number the morning after drinks. Then it goes right back up again the following day. That might have something to do with the munchies that come the day after alcohol. I didn't do too bad today, though I did get a snack attack tonight. Had some cheese and pepperoni and that did the trick.

You're lower after drinking because alcohol dehydrates you, quite a lot.

• gracestevens1994
    gracestevens1994 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So I'm now two weeks in! Weighed this morning and I've lost a total of 7.8lbs on keto :)

What I'm most surprised by is how much better I'm feeling day to day - no constant stomach aches, less trouble sleeping. Hopefully this lasts! o:)
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1/2/17: 212.8
    1/16/17: 203.6
    January GW: 199

If I reach goal before Jan 31st I'll have to set a new goal :smile:
    Nice work everybody!
  • Mellie2fit2quit
    Mellie2fit2quit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @CrabCatcher I love fat bombs! I think I'll make a cheesecake tonight.

Week 1 start: 240
    Week 2 start: 235
    Week 3 start: 234

My cycle would not let me be great this week.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've been consistent, and no loss this pass week! But I remain feeling great and my lifts are still going up so I'll take it for now I guess! lol
    Have a great week you wonderfully amazing people!!!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No loss this week. Ready for some movement on the scale. Last time I did keto I definitely had the woosh weight loss that went on for some time. So, this is different. Probably because the way I was eating the past 6 months was very high carb...so, more adjusting? I'm still sore but it's starting to dissipate. It's strange how I look less puffy and slightly slimmer but the scale remains the same. It's so worth it having clear skin and not being hungry all the time. Never should have stopped.
  • eileenhernandez456
    eileenhernandez456 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i am in, i wish there was actually a Keto Wagon that could come to my house and pick me up and cook all my meals for me... ;-) but since there isn't, i goes i will save myself.. i have a pretty big challenge coming up in Feb where I will be living in a desert for 29 days with access only to MREs which are carb loaded.. it is possible to stay keto during this experience but certainly a challenge... time to put some keto sticks to my rucksack... CW: 172 GW for Jan: 168 GW for Feb: 160 GW for Mar: 150
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well I am on a steady gain...I've been keeping carbs under 100g, but continue to battle cravings for something. The mysterious something that I can never find, but will eat everything in the house trying to satisfy. I've been hesitant to try keto, but it's time.
  • healthersize10
    healthersize10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been in Ketosis for 16 days now, this is my third attempt. The first two times I couldn't get pass the Keto Flu stage, I would always give up. I got through it this time because I was better prepared with the right supplements and no distractions. The keto flu is no joke and I would advise anyone who is just starting to be prepared for this phase. You will experience the car slamming on the breaks and going into reverse on day 4-7. Don't have any plans to leave your bed. I'm back in drive...So, here I go!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I learned this afternoon that my Mom has been diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. My younger sister had been diagnosed last February and my younger brother in December. Can I tell you all how grateful I am that I started watching my calories in 2015 and restarted Keto in July of last year? My A1C in September was a nice, normal 5.4. It may be up a bit now because I had a couple of months of being lazy but I'm working on getting back on track. Thank you all for your support and encouragement. We're all in this together.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I've been in Ketosis for 16 days now, this is my third attempt. The first two times I couldn't get pass the Keto Flu stage, I would always give up. I got through it this time because I was better prepared with the right supplements and no distractions. The keto flu is no joke and I would advise anyone who is just starting to be prepared for this phase. You will experience the car slamming on the breaks and going into reverse on day 4-7. Don't have any plans to leave your bed. I'm back in drive...So, here I go!

The "keto flu" is highly avoidable if you pay attention to your electrolytes. Check out the sticky posts at the top of the board for some great info.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

The "keto flu" is highly avoidable if you pay attention to your electrolytes. Check out the sticky posts at the top of the board for some great info.

Agreed. It's nothing more than low sodium. 100% avoidable.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm still here even though the weight continues to creep up. I haven't had an appetite lately due to the meds I'm on for this *kitten* back injury. Basically confined to the recliner for the time being so not many calories being burned either. It's amazing I'm not ravenous being on steroids. I've changed my macros a little bit since reading Amy Berger, recently. Decreasing the fat a bit and trying to go easy on the dairy and nuts. I sure do understand the frustration of thinking you're doing it right and the scale just doesn't agree with you. Hang in there, pals. I know I can use all the support I can get. <3
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    My keto stix currently claim I am doing it right. Now just waiting for the scale to start inching downwards.
  • Mellie2fit2quit
    Mellie2fit2quit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    1/2/17: 212.8
    1/16/17: 203.6
    January GW: 199

If I reach goal before Jan 31st I'll have to set a new goal :smile:
    Nice work everybody!

That's great!
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Woo just seen this. i started back on the Keto trail on monday, and already feel the benefits again, my keto stix are telling me im passing ketones and ive seen 2 lbs off this week so far with macros on point.

i have a question though. tonights dinner i will be adding half an advocado for the fibre. it says its 9 carbs (7 of those fibre) will this be ok and keep me in keto?
  • nicee247
    nicee247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @stepea83, I think it's OK.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Avocado is fine, no worries!

I havent seen any loss this week myself, but I realize my crazy menocycle is likely the culprit so I'm just trying to keep calm and keto on. Stay the course, guys! We've got this!
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    stepea83 wrote: »
    Woo just seen this. i started back on the Keto trail on monday, and already feel the benefits again, my keto stix are telling me im passing ketones and ive seen 2 lbs off this week so far with macros on point.

i have a question though. tonights dinner i will be adding half an advocado for the fibre. it says its 9 carbs (7 of those fibre) will this be ok and keep me in keto?

I've been focusing on my net carbs (carbs - fiber) and so far it has not affected my ketosis. I test with the strips.