Getting back on Keto wagon (January challenge 2017)

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Mellie2fit2quit
    Mellie2fit2quit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going to weigh in tomorrow on Tuesday at the end of the month. Fingers crossed!
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    WELL ... I have good and bad news. I tend to weigh daily (because I'd love to see what my chart looks like after a year), but my official weigh-ins are Saturdays. This past Saturday I had officially hit my January goal, weighing in at 199.6! However, this morning I weighed in at 201.8 :/ I know it's all hormonal because it's the start of shark week. I'm going to up my water and keep my logging in check. I'm going to weigh the morning of the 1st to see my full January progress though. Sometimes my hormones really annoy me lol

SW: 212.8
    Jan GW: 199
    CW: 201.8
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Well, 157lbs was my weigh in....not quite the 155 I wanted for the end of the month but I'm feeling really great so no regrets!!!
    Have a fabulous Monday you fit and fantastic people!!
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Exactly my experience re: resilience with the plan.
    mbonacci12 wrote: »
    Started end of Oct 168.4 I have been staying under 20 net carbs each day, with the exception of a few days during the holidays and a weekend away. I find that during those times, I gain a few back and it takes about a week to lose what has shown up on the scale. I weighed in this morning at 142.4. I am finding that as long as I focus on getting right back on this WOE once a special occasion is over, I can ease up and not panic. In the past, once I went off plan, I would stay off.

It is really a different mindset now for me, long term WOE.

• solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    This happens to me each time I hit a new lower weight. It's very annoying. Just last week I've decided that I won't let this bring my mood down so much. Also I start logging my weight on one of those happy scale apps which averages things. I only log my weight on mfp when I see a loss.
    Start weight 90.4kg
    Goal by end of January 88kg
    Expected weight by end of January 89.9kg (I'm the worlds slowest loser).

We'll see if I'm right :)

So, weighed in yesterday at 88kg. Seems I've reached my goal for January a week early. Hopefully it stays off and isn't "fake weight loss". I'll post a final weight on the 31st. :)

I peaked 8 days ago at 88kg. The next day I was 89.1. Final weigh in for January 88.4kg. A little disappointed but at least it's a loss.

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    solska wrote: »
    This happens to me each time I hit a new lower weight. It's very annoying. Just last week I've decided that I won't let this bring my mood down so much. Also I start logging my weight on one of those happy scale apps which averages things. I only log my weight on mfp when I see a loss.
    Start weight 90.4kg
    Goal by end of January 88kg
    Expected weight by end of January 89.9kg (I'm the worlds slowest loser).

We'll see if I'm right :)

So, weighed in yesterday at 88kg. Seems I've reached my goal for January a week early. Hopefully it stays off and isn't "fake weight loss". I'll post a final weight on the 31st. :)

I peaked 8 days ago at 88kg. The next day I was 89.1. Final weigh in for January 88.4kg. A little disappointed but at least it's a loss.

I'm using happy scale. I'm 88.9 this morning. Been steadily creeping up for the last 10 days. Even happy scale is getting annoyed with my bs, telling me I'm under my "commitment".
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    In the interest of full disclosure, I messed up big time last Thursday. Chinese Buffet and a whole carton of ice cream. The whole week leading up to that wasn't great, but it had been an improvement, and I blew it. I stayed off the scale for a few days because I was so disappointed in myself. Got back on track with my keto eating on Friday and have been good ever since. I think I have finally turned the corner. Maybe I needed feel like total garbage to hit my 'rock bottom'. Either way, I am feeling much better. We went out to dinner with friends last night and I enjoyed chicken wings and a steak salad with gorgonzola cheese. It felt so decadent but was right where I needed to be for my macros. I had just one drink, vodka with seltzer and lime, so that was cool. Tonight will be a test, we're going to a wine tasting that includes chocolate vendors. I am planning to only have 1 glass of wine and stick with dark chocolate. After the tasting we're having pulled pork for dinner and my portion has been set aside without BBQ sauce so that I can limit the sugar. Tomorrow morning I'll be in the gym for a long walk to help burn the glycogen and be back on track.