Getting back on Keto wagon (January challenge 2017)

Options

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Omg. I almost posted this with a hilarious autocorrect issue.
    nyx1zrc6mmyz.png

:lol:
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I fought off a wicked craving for peanut butter that came out of nowhere last night! I don't mind pb but it's never been a cravable thing for me.
    It definitely passed but I did have to employ some distractions so that I could stay a well behaved carnivore.

Omg. I almost posted this with a hilarious autocorrect issue.
    nyx1zrc6mmyz.png

Happy you caught that!
  • nicee247
    nicee247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @mellie2fit2quit you can do this. Take a lot of water if you can.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ That's hilarious !!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My period is kicking my *kitten*.... I AM STARVING you guys.... :s

I passed up candy, cupcakes, and cake at work today. :( .... it was chocolate too.....I love chocolate...and I was so hungry. I was literally this close ----> || ....to saying F it.... but I've had so many "F" it moments, so I stayes the course.

Eat if you're hungry. Just make it a low carb food.
    Nothing wrong with having a low carb food if you absolutely need it in order to keep your will strong enough to say no to the junk.
    Great job on fighting the craving monster though!

I thought you all would get a giggle out of my typo.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    That is definitely a funny typo....A shaved carnivore would be a cold carnivore at this time of year I would think! :)
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options

I passed up candy, cupcakes, and cake at work today. :( .... it was chocolate too.....I love chocolate...and I was so hungry. I was literally this close ----> || ....to saying F it.... but I've had so many "F" it moments, so I stayes the course.

Great job staying the course! Dark chocolate should be ok. Just check the carb content! I find if I have a piece of 70% cacao the craving goes away. Make sure your fats are up for satiation too. Agree with sunny bunny, eat when you're hungry
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Eat if you're hungry. Just make it a low carb food.
    Nothing wrong with having a low carb food if you absolutely need it in order to keep your will strong enough to say no to the junk.
    Great job on fighting the craving monster though!

I thought you all would get a giggle out of my typo.

Yes! I absolutely eat more on my period. It's the only time I usually end up snacking. Salami and cheese does wonders!
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @Mellie2fit2quit @CoffeeNBooze
    My partner made this amazing keto fudge, and it's heaven (also pms here).
    So much keto dessert you can fix if you have a few ingredients at hand, erythritol, really good cocoa (this matters, for mocha too, I got Dagoba when I ran out, also organic but it just wasn't as good as this one which is amazing http://amzn.to/2iS4kQ4. I do like dark chocolate), and butter, coconut oil etc.

Also good to have at hand coconut flour, almond flour, coconut flakes. I don't know if I could have stayed keto if I didn't figure out how to make my favorites and other sexy food keto. And this amazing thing! http://amzn.to/2jGD478
    I add it to melt butter, and pumkin pie spice, and it's keto maple syrup!
  • Mellie2fit2quit
    Mellie2fit2quit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice guys and awesome words... I'm coming to the end of this dark tunnel lol.

I made keto kolaches this morning:
    https://theprimitivepalate.com/2015/01/20/everything-bagel-dogs/
  • nicee247
    nicee247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day was to be yesterday but this is it;
    Starting weight : 179
    Current weight : 168

What's your week 2 weight? Any progress. I also underestimated Keto. I need to set another goal weight.
    Feeling
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    SW 180
    CW 175
    Jan GW - 172..... Changing this to 170 or better ;)
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Finally small progress on scale since Dec 23rd. First day of my cycle, so typical. Does the bloat continue to come off i wonder or is this it. So my post Christmas stray cost me over 20 days of progress. But, back on the wagon again. And I'm taking it easy, I have dessert, little wine, and delicious foods every day. I don't count calories but try to if. Though because of the fat I have when I get up and the amount I eat when I break the fast I don't think of reduces my calories much. Was planning to start going to the pool today but that will need to wait a few days.
  • CrabCatcher
    CrabCatcher Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Look up fat bombs on youtube and/or Google. They will torpedo any cravings and give you a 'sweets' killer too.
  • CrabCatcher
    CrabCatcher Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Started Jan 2nd (ironically not even as a resolution. Timing was just right)
    SW: 353
    CW: 337

Down 16 lbs to date.

Loving Bulletproof Coffee! It has become my go to breakfast.

Macros: 3% Carbs(20g or under), 12% Protein, 85% Fat - Keto on!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    No change on the scale before my date weekend with my husband. There was drinks, snacks, and some food I could not control and did not wish to. Back on track tomorrow. My keto stix showed up via mail so I will play with those next week from motivation. I know they are less accurate the longer in keto but something to keep me moving early on will be awesome! Keep it up everyone!!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    No change on the scale before my date weekend with my husband. There was drinks, snacks, and some food I could not control and did not wish to. Back on track tomorrow. My keto stix showed up via mail so I will play with those next week from motivation. I know they are less accurate the longer in keto but something to keep me moving early on will be awesome! Keep it up everyone!!
    Re the keto stix I've heard that but haven't found it to be true. I've been using them for 4 years, eating keto the whole time. I generally use one each day. Pink means I'm on track and in keto. If they're not pink you can bet the farm I've eaten something that has thrown me out. I don't worry about the depth of colour, that can depend on how hydrated you are and darker doesn't mean better.