show us your meals or describe them!!

Options

Replies

• pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Low carb pizza by Keto King. Crust is almond flour, mozzarella cheese, xanthan gum, butter and salt. This will be my go to when making pizza with a crust.

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hixPQprtAUc

Couple of pictures of from last night

ub09ua2zcqw7.jpg

9tvrgqx4n9sh.jpg

ykcy7n33w23e.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Oh WOW that looks delicious!!!
  • pdxhak
    Options
    Baked chicken wings tossed in a raspberry habanero sauce :)

b5nc4d5rcpgo.jpg
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @pdxhak, nice looking meals again!

I will post a pic of my degustation lunch I’m having today :) It’s a special treat on a riverboat restaurant I’m having later.
    minigrrll wrote: »
    jeanona wrote: »
    All the yumminess!! Love the homemade food pics @pdxhak and I still need to try Halo Tops...

I’ll have to post some of my meals here too :)

I tried it last week - didn't even know we had it here - just happened to see it in the freezer case at Woolies. It's pretty good, but I don't think I'll bother buying it much. I ate it because it was there and not being a big sweets person, it was something I just wouldn't normally have. I'll just buy it when I'd normally buy ice cream now, which is, like, never! :)

Oh we buy ice cream in my house ALL the time for the kids! I didn’t even know Halo Tops was here! Need to look for it and try some. Like you, I don’t really eat ice cream but I am a sweets person though so if it’s low in calories, I’ll want to try it :)

• Brendalea69
    Options
    No food pic but today I had a low carb 4 scrambled egg and sasusage bowl, not as delicious sounding as those habenero raspberry chicken wings :p
  • pdxhak
    Options
    No food pic but today I had a low carb 4 scrambled egg and sasusage bowl, not as delicious sounding as those habenero raspberry chicken wings :p

I love eggs and sausage :)
  • pdxhak
    Options
    Prepped a couple of main meals for lunch this week. I have a few bags of kale and spinach salad mixes that I bring as well to ensure I am consuming plenty of greens as well :)

Mexican fried "rice" (cauliflower)? It is chorizo, egges, peppers, cherry tomatoes, and green onions. Topped with baked wings tossed in a sriracha and lime sauce.

xj3uz2qzbkg5.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Tonights OMAD was..an apple, a chicken Patty on a toasted bun with lettuce, onions and mayo, baked french fries with ketchup and mayo and then another apple :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Tonight's meal Chipotle burrito bowl and chocolate kale shake
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Another low carb, low calorie meal today. A mocha hot chocolate, sweet and hot sausage bowl with ketchup and an apple :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Another low carb, low calorie meal today. A mocha hot chocolate, sweet and hot sausage bowl with ketchup and an apple :)

Change of plans, I had a big bowl of deer stew instead :p
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Tonight's meal.

7tqh25bowv6h.jpg

Blackened Salmon, Salad, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, and Chocolate Kale Shake
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Tonight's meal.

7tqh25bowv6h.jpg

Blackened Salmon, Salad, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, and Chocolate Kale Shake

Now that is some food!
  • jeanona
    Options
    This is the degustation lunch we had at the riverside restaurant. It was sooo good. Hope the picture is not too big (and I changed my profile pic to the view from the restaurant!).

m37jx4ptjsj9.jpg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    What is "degustation"? Looks yummy!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I was going to ask the same thing.
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I just googled the definition...

Dégustation is the careful, appreciative tasting of various foods, focusing on the gustatory system, the senses, high culinary art and good company. Dégustation is more likely to involve sampling small portions of all of a chef's signature dishes in one sitting. Usually consisting of eight or more courses, it may be accompanied by a matching wine degustation which complements each dish.

This would be fun to try sometime :)
  • jeanona
    Options
    Yes, it’s eating a small portion of nice things! This was was in a 2 hat restaurant (like 2 Michelin star restaurant - we don’t have Michelin stars here, I don’t know why) and it was a sampling of about 9-10 plates. I took pics of 6 plates but forgot to take the others lol.
  • Brendalea69
    Options

I actually did have this today :p I needed it after all the carbs I ate yesterday!
  • pdxhak
    Options
    Made Chicago Deep Dish pizza and bread sticks :) Stuffed with mozzarella cheese, spinach, and smoked sausage. 100% keto.

Money shot :)
    9oi36kxyuzuy.jpg

Toppings before the top crust and sauce was added
    imstput56bji.jpg

Shot of the thick crust
    s9ba02k7u1ll.jpg