2017--This Year is Our Year!!!

Options

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Options
    I spent a frustrating hour on the phone this morning with AT&T because I got an alert this morning saying we were close to exceeding our data limit on our cell phones. We never go over our limit, so I was concerned. When I looked online at our usage, it showed lots of data being used at times when my phone should have beeen inactive, such as between midnight and 3:00 am. The first rep I spoke with was useless, so I requested (politely, though I wanted to tell her she was an idiot) to speak to someone with more experience in this area. The next individual was more helpful but still couldn’t give me a definitive answer. However, she did offer me a different plan for the same cost and assured me that on this plan we will never exceed our data limit. I agreed to change to this plan, so we will see if that resolves the issue.

Not much going on here this week. We are going to Happy Hour tonight with friends and trying a new restaurant. One of our friends has been away for 6 1/2 months and she will be there tonight, so I’m looking forward to seeing her.

The last of my Christmas shopping is due to be delivered today, then I will need to get everything wrapped or gift bagged. I haven’t started any Christmas baking yet, but I will start on that tomorrow since DH needs some cookies for an event Sunday night. I did make some Divinity candy on Monday because conditions were ideal for it. It’s fairly temperamental and the common belief is that you shouldn’t even try to make it unless it’s a dry, sunny day as humidity is the enemy of divinity. We’ve been experiencing extremely dry conditions for over a week, so I decided to take advantage and make the candy and my efforts were rewarded. I put it in the freezer so it will stay fresh. My MIL loves that candy, so I’ll take it to her when we see her for Christmas.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,598 Member
    Options
    4way5dffrc6v.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    ilf9ac8jdh4f.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,791 Member
    Options
    We made it to the Rec Center 2 days in a row. DH went reluctantly the first day but had no complaint about going today. I tuck to the treadmill both day. He added the recumbent bike to his workout today. Now all we have to do i keeping going 5 days a week a long as we're here.
    Pam, I hope the change you made keeps you from going over your data limit.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Pam - good luck on the holiday preparations! I keep thinking of things I've yet to do (and I even have a list!)

Helene - good job on the exercise!
  • Helene610
    Options
    I think today' exercise will be walking up and down stairs to unload the stuff that's left in the truck.
    it's surprising how much stuff you need to bring for such a long stay. I'm enjoying seeing all the tropical Christmas decorations outside business. A nursery across from the rec center has a hula dancing Santa. Another has flamingos pulling a sleight. Lots have their palm trees wrapped in lights. This will be the first time we're here for Christmas. We have zero decorations. I'll have to go shopping for a wreath at least.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    Today, I have done a half hour of exercise...the goal..but will aim for another half hour tonight.

This was last week's:

y8iobvg8lgau.jpg
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Love the cat graphics.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    These are incredible photographs of adult birds taking care of babies: http://cheezburger.com/4283141/20-gorgeous-birds-taking-care-of-their-babies
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    uc9ygzat8t0h.png
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne--Like the cat, I'm not looking forward to any "cold floor."

According to the FitBit and confirmed by the cycle monitor, I put in a total of 116 minutes today through 3 different sessions. So easy to do while watching good entertainment. I binge-watched the second season of "The Crown." Fabulous series.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    The dog version of grumpy cat:

ihvcyh7pgsdz.png
  • KonaKat
    Options
    "Grumpy Dog" is not feeling the season!!!

This will never happen again, but it was a full day of watching "The Crown," with 3 different sessions of exercise, oe which was 65 minutes I lost track and was really into the program.

cw4ewhvi5vfb.jpg
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Options
    Good job, Jean! That’s impressive.
  • Helene610
    Options
    Jean, Binge watching is the way to go if it distracts from the actual workout. Nice job.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    zr9pflkjlql2.png
  • Helene610
    Options
    That's adorable. It fooled me into thinking it was real. The cat resembles our
    first cat. Her name was Midnight. just like Jean's cat.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    The cat we have in the adoption cage at the vet has a toy bird hanging above her and they tell me she just LOVES it! I didn't see her play at all but I was glad to see that she is no longer hiding.

This is Pixie: http://www.catrescueofmd.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=12157488
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    52512c6ocud1.png