• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    9s8ij9y8muvm.png

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,790 Member
    Options
    We were back at the rec center today. We've never gone on Saturday before and the place was hopping. We just did treadmill because the bikes were all in use. I pushed my time several minutes and did a bit over a mile. That was up from eight tenths of a mile on Thursday. We've been going every other day and building up a bit more each time. I'm jut pleased we're showing up! Glad to hear you're a bit better Maryanne. Sad new about Sue Grafton. I'm just finishing up the latest Bosch book.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    5ueby2c9xkg9.jpg
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne--Glad you are feeling somewhat better.

Helene--Good job on extending the exercise time.

Pam--I hope the Pink Eye improves soon. I'm a WebMD fan.

We had about 4 inches of snow in our burg today and services in the various churches have been cancelled for tomorrow because of the single digit temps. I just want Summer so badly!

I guess I'd better do some exercise or it will become a habit of not doing it.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Tomorrow is January 1 and the New Year. I will start a new thread for 2018. I've basically been maintaining this year and did not gain during the holidays. QVC has a great recumbent bike as a special today, but I'll continue to use my heavy mini-cycle as research says they work if used correctly:

https://woman.thenest.com/muscles-used-using-pedal-exerciser-13931.html

https://www.livestrong.com/article/372304-can-you-lose-weight-using-a-foot-peddler/
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    qsyi05xzienq.png
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    i suspect I'm about back to where I was last January 1. Discouraging. But 2018 is another year!
  • KonaKat
    Options
    djcvr56rotyu.jpg
  • KonaKat
    Options
    The few New Year's Eve activities scheduled by churches, etc. in our area have been cancelled for tonight because of the near zero temps. It is definitely a good time to stay inside.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    The cold temps and the idiots shooting guns in the air (don't they realize the bullets have to come down?) are both reasons to stay inside. Of course we'll be awakened at midnight (daggone guns).

I fed the colonies today. I feel so badly for the colony cats.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, my friends! I hope all of us enjoy a happy and healthy 2018.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Pam - I'll second that!!
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    1i3r69am8j6a.png
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne--I really feel for the animals who have no protection in these horrible temps. It was 7 below here this moring

I have started this year's thread. Go to:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10626638/2018-striving-to-make-this-year-our-best-possible/p1?new=1