Daily Check-In for Keto Friends 2017 Version

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Haha Fvaisey! Mine is more like retirement home too, but the honeymoon scenario seems much more motivating. Plus I'm definately a 60 going on 39 type of gal. Need to reclaim those lost decades...and if denial helps...well, in the area of aging only, I'm all for it!
    Just want to say again how much I adore my fitness pals, all the support and being there thru thick and thin. No other place like it when the chips are up or down. It really, really matters to me.

Special shout out to Knit, (you know why)
    who is all over these discussion threads tirelessly providing information, inspiration,
    humor, support and heartfelt love and compassion. So awesome.

Why I chose keto:
    It worked.
    For the first time ever, I had an abundance of energy.
    My skin cleared up.
    Three dangerous health conditions resolved completely.
    I love being thin.
    I love wearing cute clothes and heels.
    I feel happier In general.
    I got courage to go out in the world snd socialize. Even to take risks.

That's just for starters.

<3
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Got my ketostix and cant wait to see if my ketones show up faster than they did two years ago. Ive had a very on and off keto year following a spot on year. Wonder if it will be 3 days like the first time.....or like, tomorrow morning. Lol. So excited to find out.
    In fact, I'm also excited because I had a pretty good day all around.
  • elize7
    Options
    Ketones showing up, getting into mid range. Still no whoosh, (but i can feel it brewing) still no big energy rush, (but I know it's coming.)
    If I lose 6 oz. tomorrow morning, I get my first retail reward - a beautiful lotus patterned yoga mat!
    So psyched!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    @elize7 I love your optimism! I agree, all of a sudden you're going to have a whoosh! I hope you drop that 0.6 pounds tomorrow morning! Your yoga mat sounds awesome!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    @elize7 congrats on the mini "whoosh". I saw it on another thread but thought I'd respond here.
    I'm rooting for you and hope you still have an even bigger whoosh soon.

I'm also hoping for my own whoosh! I've been doing Keto for over 2 weeks now and have only lost about 2lbs since then. I use ketostix as well and have been consistently showing ketones since then...
  • elize7
    Options
    That is just great 4031!
    I think we are both finding our way back to the fold. For me, this time feels different.
    Possibly fueled by the "living well is the best revenge" scenario....but if it gets me back down to goal weight, feeling fabulous, and moving on, that works for me.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I haven't used my ketostix in a long time.... I need to pull them out and use them as extra motivation! With the changing season, I am outside more and way more active. Food is staying on track for the most part... but oh those beverages on the deck... I need to find myself a better reward more in tune with my health goals lol.
  • havisham
    havisham Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, first post here, starting on Keto for the second time, first time wasn't the success I was looking for but lost a bit of weight then it turned into maintenance, then a slight run off course. I originally started with intermittent fasting which I really loved, lost about 30 lbs. When I look back at my first try with Keto I was using Splenda and natural peanut butter as a crutch and lost touch with logging calories. This time around I have given up Splenda packets which are a carb each and the PB and logging everything. Since Friday I have lost 2.5 lbs and hoping for this new insight to make a difference going forward.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    That is just great 4031!
    I think we are both finding our way back to the fold. For me, this time feels different.
    Possibly fueled by the "living well is the best revenge" scenario....but if it gets me back down to goal weight, feeling fabulous, and moving on, that works for me.

Yes! I'm finally actually back on the wagon. I struggled back and forth for about 2 years and am up another 20lbs for a total of about 50lbs away from goal.

It feels totally different. I started this time to relieve joint/foot pain, not just weight and the symptoms and inflammation is much better so I have motivation to stick with it even without significant weight loss.
  • elize7
    Options
    Kimberwolf..I find retail therapy works great to help me stay on track. I have several small but indulgent items at home waiting to be earned.
    First time around I got one every 5 lbs., or if I felt really frustrated when I knew I was on plan but getting nowhere. It got me to goal weight and 25 lbs below that.
    Now I'm 25 lbs over a new more realistic goal weight, and have been so ineffective on maintenance, that I'm going with a reward every 3 pounds. If i need to, I'll do it every pound. But for now, going with 3. Got my second reward this morning, and it feels really good.
    Only rule is... no food rewards as Knit reminded me awhile back!! Lol.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    I haven't used my ketostix in a long time.... I need to pull them out and use them as extra motivation! With the changing season, I am outside more and way more active. Food is staying on track for the most part... but oh those beverages on the deck... I need to find myself a better reward more in tune with my health goals lol.

I've come to really enjoy 0 carb, 0 calorie carbonated water. Have you tried that?
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I love 0 Carb, no calorie, unflavored water. I have it piped right into my house. Tastes great! But then I don't have public water.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Carbonated water triggers a phlegm response in me. No idea why...
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I most definitely have myself set up for some non-food rewards when larger goals are met. Thankfully I have always been huge consumer of water. My struggle is entirely mental because I also love craft beer and nothing is more rewarding on the deck mid-afternoon following a few hours of strenuous yard work (right after the large glass of water) :smile: It's an immediate reward that tastes delicious and refreshing, there is nothing that would actually "replace" it. Those low carb beers are just nasty. This where I need to work hard at changing my thinking now that it is nice out again!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    I love 0 Carb, no calorie, unflavored water. I have it piped right into my house. Tastes great! But then I don't have public water.

I was referring to flavoured carbonated water ~ like Perrier. It's a nice treat when I've had enough just plain water.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I knew that. But I still like mine better. :-)
  • sebastiansteinmann
    sebastiansteinmann Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    First post. Started keto 3 weeks ago when I started paternity leave. Feeling great, tho the lack of sleep does make me prone to snacking.
  • elize7
    edited May 2017
    Options
    First day back on plan with no appreciable loss. Possibly due to a day of lethargy yesterday.
    Im going to see how well I tolerate this and am armed with a possible booster retail reward if I notice bad thinking patterns coming forth.
    I guess this time around, the whoosh isn't going to be that great... so it's just me against the poundage. Still feeling determined.
    I took measurements yesterday for the first time in about a year. So 35 pounds of regain equals about 3 "" all around the bod...or three dress sizes. Still, since i had lost too much weight initially, I'm thinking Id like to lose about 2 of those inches all around. So, 20 pounds it is. Final goal.
    I didn't do any yoga yesterday, or walk or anything. So today, I'll do it early just to make sure.
    Happy that I am feeling so resolved to getting this done, and am prepared to abort the day and go to bed by noon if I find I am wavering in determination. Work starts back up next week, thank god.

I'm not sure why these pounds and inches are so important to me....I feel good and I look okay even with the extra weight as I'm tall and seem to be able to carry it; but, I feel compelled to make losing it a priority. I get that that is not healthy, but also that I don't seem to be able to stop obsessing about it whether I am morbidly obese, way too thin, or even just right. It really is a disordered thinking process and no matter where I am in tne spectrum, it's got me.

I hear that yoga is something that helps with making internal connections as well as being good for the body. That's why I'm trying yoga again. I found a yoga center that specializes in working with people who have these kinds of issues, but very limited spots available. Hope I qualify.

Be back later, most likely. This is looking like a long week to get through. I really do better when I have my job to get me up and out of the house. Too much time to slack and ruminate is not always a good thing. Not that I always hate that.....but it does drag out time unbearably, at times.
    Have a few little fun projects lined up for today, so... let the games begin!

• havisham
    havisham Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and it's kind of cold. Anyway, tried fried avocado last night, so weird, so good. Went back on my word about dropping natural peanut butter almost after mentioning it here but I grabbed hold of myself and measured it accurately and did not lick the spoon and it did satisfy my hunger...... got my steps in for the day yesterday and went to bed on time,The scale was good to me and went down slightly. Hey Elize7 , I do like Yoga, as a beginner I find the tone of the instructor makes all the difference for me, and yes it is difficult when your schedule is wide open.
    Anyone here follow Keto blogs for inspiration and ideas? I came across Keto Karma and really find her story inspiring, it really helped me get on track again and since her weight loss is over I could binge watch like it was Netflix
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @elize7 - keep us up on the yoga place! That sounds awesome.

@havisham - What type of stories are you wanting on Keto successes? Ketovangelist does interview series with people he's helping... healthypursuit.com helped heal her body hormonally using keto. Maria Emmerich of mariamindbodyhealth.com has some great stories and tips, etc. I can keep coming up with more, but those are some of my favorites.