TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Good evening Team 6, I have luckily drawn you guys as my Team :-D

I hope I come in handy and help on our trip!

Please excuse any idiotic questions I may ask, I have not done a challenge like this before!

Look forward to the journey ahead and excited to get started :-D
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,988 Member
    Options
    Skipper111 wrote: »
    Good evening Team 6, I have luckily drawn you guys as my Team :-D

I hope I come in handy and help on our trip!

Please excuse any idiotic questions I may ask, I have not done a challenge like this before!

Look forward to the journey ahead and excited to get started :-D

Welcome to the team! We are so happy to have you! Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you'd like, as there is no such thing as a stupid question! B)
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    going on day 3 of no chocolate. That dark cho, molassas and nut bar keeps calling to me. I am catching a flight on Saturday so I plan to take it with me for a treat! :smile:

My dad has been in the hospital since Friday so I haven't had the time to walk outside or use my elliptical. He just got moved to rehab. I think all the nurses think I am crazy doing squats and such while I am keeping my dad company. (he is asleep most of the time) Hoping to get in my walk/run on Sunday when I get to Alabama. The weather is about 25-30 degrees higher at my daughter's house. She said we can go walk the Appalachian "foothills" .

FYI - someone has accidentally marked 150 min on Wed under my name. It wasn't me. :smile:
  • Skipper111
    Options
    Challenge #1
    I had a lovely run along the lock gates.
    I jogged 3.4km
    There was a strong storm here last week so it was lovely to get a chance to run outside after being confined to the gym!

@MissonEnforcer
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,308 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Alisa, sorry to hear about your dad! Nice job on no chocolate for 3 days, I made my husband homemade brownies. I had to move them from the kitchen counter, :(

• GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Skipper111 wrote: »
    Challenge #1
    I had a lovely run along the lock gates.
    I jogged 3.4km
    There was a strong storm here last week so it was lovely to get a chance to run outside after being confined to the gym!

@MissonEnforcer

Welcome to the team!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Todays workout Walking in the yard with my dogs and weed pulling. Started with a few and ended up with the whole side of the house, with the ground being soft from the rain. 2/5 no PM tea.

@Skipper111 Nice to meet you and Welcome to Team 6.
    @scrapbookingmom2 Sorry to hear about your dad!
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    going on day 3 of no chocolate. That dark cho, molassas and nut bar keeps calling to me. I am catching a flight on Saturday so I plan to take it with me for a treat! :smile:

My dad has been in the hospital since Friday so I haven't had the time to walk outside or use my elliptical. He just got moved to rehab. I think all the nurses think I am crazy doing squats and such while I am keeping my dad company. (he is asleep most of the time) Hoping to get in my walk/run on Sunday when I get to Alabama. The weather is about 25-30 degrees higher at my daughter's house. She said we can go walk the Appalachian "foothills" .
    ]

So sorry to hear about your dad. Praying for his recovery. And way to get in some exercise in the hospital! :)

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Hello team 6. My name is Lisa and I, too, have been assigned to your team. Last race I was captain for team 3 but had to leave early. I was not ready to fully commit to coming back to the race when it started up again in January. So when Clarice posted that she needed bodies to fill empty spaces, I told her I could help out and maybe redeem myself. I am excited to get back into exercising more and getting back on track.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello team 6. My name is Lisa and I, too, have been assigned to your team. Last race I was captain for team 3 but had to leave early. I was not ready to fully commit to coming back to the race when it started up again in January. So when Clarice posted that she needed bodies to fill empty spaces, I told her I could help out and maybe redeem myself. I am excited to get back into exercising more and getting back on track.

Welcome, to Sixpack!

• TrkyVic0327
    Options
    @HASWLRS Welcome to the team! We are glad to have you! :)
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS Hi .It's great to have you aboard!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    I just completed challenge #2. I did the total body beginner workout video. My shoulder has been sore, so a video that didn't use weights was the right one for me.
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited March 2017
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I just completed challenge #2. I did the total body beginner workout video. My shoulder has been sore, so a video that didn't use weights was the right one for me.

Nice job, getting the video job! Sometimes I have to modify some exercises,!

This weekend I'm spending the time with my grandkids. So I need to get all my challenges complete before than. My daughter has a pool so I will have to take my grandson, yay! Plus when him and grandpa watches movies, I might get yoga session in. Go figure, the weather isays, rain, rain, rain, lol

Btw, I made brownies for my husband NOW they're calling my name. :(:( Its because they're horrible brownies!!!!!!

Challenge #3
    No chocolate
    3/5 (wish me luck) :#:s:#
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    You are brave to make brownies on a week that you're giving up chocolate! I gave up soda this week, and have begged and pleaded my husband not to bring soda into the house! My daughter had a little soda left in the fridge, and I made her drink the rest of it for lunch today, because I was definitely tempted, but resisted! thankful for green tea to help me get off my soda kick this week. Also thankful that I enjoy tea without any sugar in it. Wish I felt that way towards coffee. I'd probably drink more coffee if I liked it black.

Day 3/5 of going without soda. 2 days left! We can do this, Six pack!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    [quote="GrandmaJackie

Btw, I made brownies for my husband NOW they're calling my name. :(:( Its because they're horrible brownies!!!!!!

Challenge #3
    No chocolate
    3/5 (wish me luck) :#:s:#
    [/quote]

I'm not laughing Jackie but I know exactly how you feel. I have been known to throw "stuff" out to the garbage so it is not in the house!!! GOOD LUCK!
  • Tiffany7711
    Tiffany7711 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1
    I chose the 2.5K Frostbite Footrace
    I jogged on a trail for 3K

@MissionEnforcer
  • Tiffany7711
    Tiffany7711 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I live in Alaska and my son's 2nd grade teacher did the Iditarod so we went to Anchorage to cheer her on. It really was as fun as all the pictures and video's show.
  • Skipper111
    Options
    Starting day 4 of alcohol free! Normally love a glass of wine on a Thursday night so this day is going to be interesting!

Good luck guys :-D
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    @Tiffany7711 - that must have been amazing watching the start of the Iditarod - lucky you.

The giving up chocolate is good so far - I think it's the fact that I know I have to do this for the whole of March so therefore not thinking about when I can have some as it's too far away!