TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    @scrapbookingtm So sorry - must have been me adding those minutes on Wednesday as I am the name above you, and I remember going in afterwards and wondering why my minutes were not showing!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @Skipper111 , @ haswlrs Welcome to team 6, Sixpack. I am sure we are lucky to have you and glad you could join us.

Thank you everyone for stepping in and welcoming our new members. Yesterday after work I was hurting pretty bad, so I went home and laid down and rested for about 2 hours. It was a much needed break. Part of me is really frustrated, I feel like I have taken a huge step back. However, I know it is important to take the time to heal right, and take care of myself. I am trying really hard to listen to my body, and not over due it. I had planned on going roller skating tonight after work, I cancelled it. I think it will be too much for me to handle so soon.
    On the plus side, I got over an hour of activity in according to my Fitbit. I didn't make my step goal, and I went over on calories. Ugh. I should have no problems with calorie control, but for some reason I do. Today, is a new day.

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Please, please if you can, update the spread sheet. There are 5 people who have nothing on the spread sheet. If you haven't done any exercises for those days, put 0 for each day. If you are having problems, please post your times on the thread and we will get them added for you. (Don't wait for the last minute.)

These people have not posted all week. Please let me know if there is a problem.
    @gawworthington @ghizon @nurdette @MzHill08 @starjam25 @Tazieisland

Thanks guys!
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,725 Member
    Options
    Hi Team, Sorry I haven't posted my minutes. I do keep track of them, but I just didn't fill in the spreadsheet.

And I got 2 out of 5 of the chocolate challenge done! It's a forbidden fruit thing, the more you can't have it, the more you do want it!!
  • starjam25
    Options
    Challenge 1

I did the 2.5k frostbite foot race

Took a wonderful (cold) hike outside with my wonderful husband and our dog. We love taking long hikes, nothing like the sunshine and green hills to make a person happy!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,308 Member
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    Hi Team, Sorry I haven't posted my minutes. I do keep track of them, but I just didn't fill in the spreadsheet.

And I got 2 out of 5 of the chocolate challenge done! It's a forbidden fruit thing, the more you can't have it, the more you do want it!!

I agree about the chocate, knowing you can't have it for he more you want it, lol. Today and tomorrow WILL be a test. Today, I turned 56, so tomorrow we're going to our favorite German restaurant. I already told my husband NO NO NO slice of boston cream cake. It's NOT like in my 56 years I haven't had cake on my birthday. Beside, I might eat the WHOLE cake, lol j/k

So far 3/5 no chocolate

We can do this Sixpack
  • starjam25
    Options
    Oh Boy!! Happy Happy Birthday @grandmajackie ! Good luck on not eating the cake for your birthday, that will be difficult, but as you said we can do this Sixpack!!

Hope you have a special wonderful love filled day!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Hi Team... I like seeing all the enthusiasm! :)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1

I completed the 5 K Frostbite Footrace.
    I ran (with some walking) because that's what I do 3 days a week with a group.

It was 25 degrees Fahrenheit with a wind chill on top of that, so I think the "Frostbite" part was apt! Tonight we did 7.58 K. (On Tuesday, it was 45 degrees F and I was running in a t-shirt and capris, so not very frosty! Did 8 K that night!)
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Just a fast run by I hope everyone had a good day!!

Todays Workout

Yard work 36 mins
    Treadmill 73 mins (challenge 1 complete) :)
    Stretching 6 mins

T 115 mins

3/5 days on my PM tea.

I will document/ spreadsheet it tomorrow.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Happy Birthday @GrandmaJackie!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes, :smiley:
  • starjam25
    Options
    Went on a great hike today! Took a break at the half way mark, sat down for a snack.... all I had was chocolate covered almonds... :-( Oh dear... That was one of the longest hikes I've ever went on!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Happiest of Birthday's @GrandmaJackie!!
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I chose 5k and walked. It was easy because the kids were already outside on their new trampoline. I just walked my yard/neighborhood like I normally do.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Nice job getting the challenge complete, we jumped into 3nd. We still have 3 people that haven't reported, if your having problems with the spreadsheet, feel free to message one of us. Plus our team thread is a good place to input your information.

For lunch today, we're going to our favorite German restaurant. Happy Friday, everyone!
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi team, sorry wasn't active much this week. My kids and I got sick. We have flu like symptoms. I managed to walk 1.15 mile outside as part of the first challenge, and planning to do the rest tomorrow. For the third challenge I'm on day 3/5 giving up popcorn. I used to eat it all the time even on breakfast. It's too salty and should not replace meals and causes me discomfort in my tummy. I will do my best to do the second challenge even if I do it in 10 minutes intervals.

• HASWLRS
    Options
    I am sore today from my run last night so I decided to go for a brisk 36 minute walk and get the blood flowing to those muscles. When I went to add these minutes to the spreadsheet, I noticed that we had already made it to Alaska! Way to go, team Six Pack!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you are under the weather, @ghizon. Great job on doing what you can. Just listen to your body and rest when needed.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET CHANGE:

VERIFICATION CHALLENGE POINTS WILL NOW APPEAR AS "GREEN", UNTIL REVIEWED.
    "RED" NUMBERS INDICATE THAT YOUR POST HAS BEEN CHECKED, REJECTED, AND NEEDS TO BE REPOSTED.

PLEASE READ THE CHALLENGE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, AND FOLLOW THE EXAMPLES, IF GIVEN.