TEAM TWO

Replies

• Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 404 Member
    I am amazed at how many of you have so many food dislikes. I think that I can count on one hand the things that I don't like and most of them are unnatural processed junk! When I first saw this challenge I told my S.O. ''I guess I'll have to try a Twinkie again" :smiley: Out of all the things that come from nature- the only things that I've found that I DON'T like are Anise and fennel. I'm glad that we could eat something we've never tried and I'm glad that I was on vacation, making that easy.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Cindyk4919 wrote: »
    I am amazed at how many of you have so many food dislikes. I think that I can count on one hand the things that I don't like and most of them are unnatural processed junk! When I first saw this challenge I told my S.O. ''I guess I'll have to try a Twinkie again" :smiley: Out of all the things that come from nature- the only things that I've found that I DON'T like are Anise and fennel. I'm glad that we could eat something we've never tried and I'm glad that I was on vacation, making that easy.

Oh @Cindyk4919 there is not much I don't like....that's my problem :s ! Unfortunately I also like the processed junk food!!! Mmmmm Twinkies....now I want cake!!! :D
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Cindyk4919 wrote: »

I'm gonna go ahead and pretend I don't like donuts. Challenge accepted! ;)
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    ^^^^ :D Jen! I love that!! I'm on board with pretending I don't like donuts!! lol!! I wish I was as adventurous with foods as Cindy and Joanna. My palette is pretty basic so it is really hard for me to enjoy more different variety. You guys are lucky!

@jenilla1...thanks for the clarification...I do that all the time...I just didn't know it was called tagging - anyway missionenforcer must've seen the post - I did put the points up at the same time as my post as it asked so - so my points turned from red to black last night...all good!

And 1/2 way through my foot massage videos as well...THIS is going to become a regular part of my evenings I think! It really does a lot more for me...helps me relax and keeps my feet from stinging all night so I am sleeping soooo much better the last couple days! One of the biggest reasons I love getting into challenges in learning some new good habits!! Wonderful!

Gonna do a kickboxing class tonight so that'll take care of my points but I still want to do the videos - maybe this weekend...those dance ones are so fun!!

I just signed up with a friend to do a RIPPED marathon (90 minutes...not really a marathon...but brutal just the same) next Saturday AND someone else is having a Zumbathon (2 hours) the same day...GLUTTEN for Punishment! But I'm signed up...so next Saturday I'll be in Much Pain...but putting up some good miles!

• RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Sotry I've been inactive lately. I've caught the flu big going around. This week will be a bust for me exercise-wise. :( I'll still get the challenges done though. Hopefully I'll feel better by this weekend and get some mIles in.
  • jenilla1
    Sotry I've been inactive lately. I've caught the flu big going around. This week will be a bust for me exercise-wise. :( I'll still get the challenges done though. Hopefully I'll feel better by this weekend and get some mIles in.

As long as you get the challenges done, the rest of us can make up some of the exercise. The challenges are where the big points are. But even if you can't, it's OK. Sick happens. Hope you feel better soon! <3
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2017
    @MissionEnforcer

Ok I tried 2 things.
    71g1ejo9o5ra.jpg

1st I purchased a sweet potato. I have tried them in the past and not enjoyed. Turns out the one I bought was a white fleshed sweet potato which I haven't tried - just the orange yam version. I tried some of it raw and didn't mind it - was similar to a turnip. But it seemed to have no flavour or just a ghost of some flavour. I also baked up a bit into chips and really disliked those. The "ghost flavour" from the raw version showed up and I did NOT like it.
    v6xikcoib8ww.jpg

e39wxobmgvv9.jpg

2nd I tried an avocado which I have never had before. I haven't even bought one so was relying on internet memes to teach me how to pick a ripe one. That being said, all the ones at the store were super squishy. When I got mine open it was all brown so I think overripe? Anyway I tried some of the green flesh part. GROSS. Lol I am such a picky eater. But I did not enjoy the avocado. It felt all slimy right from when I grabbed the pit out. The piece I tasted was decently firm. But gross. So gross.
    ej6ffl6lcylg.jpg
  • jenilla1
    Soulfood77 wrote: »
    @MissionEnforcer

Ok I tried 2 things.
    71g1ejo9o5ra.jpg

1st I purchased a sweet potato. I have tried them in the past and not enjoyed. Turns out the one I bought was a white fleshed sweet potato which I haven't tried - just the orange yam version. I tried some of it raw and didn't mind it - was similar to a turnip. But it seemed to have no flavour or just a ghost of some flavour. I also baked up a bit into chips and really disliked those. The "ghost flavour" from the raw version showed up and I did NOT like it.
    v6xikcoib8ww.jpg

e39wxobmgvv9.jpg

2nd I tried an avocado which I have never had before. I haven't even bought one so was relying on internet memes to teach me how to pick a ripe one. That being said, all the ones at the store were super squishy. When I got mine open it was all brown so I think overripe? Anyway I tried some of the green flesh part. GROSS. Lol I am such a picky eater. But I did not enjoy the avocado. It felt all slimy right from when I grabbed the pit out. The piece I tasted was decently firm. But gross. So gross.
    ej6ffl6lcylg.jpg

I like your spoiler alerts - LOL. Except then I was disappointed in the pics, because I was expecting something truly heinous to be in there hidden from public view. Something like this:
    lwdoy572tckk.jpg
    But still hilarious that you were protecting us from the scary food pics. I'm sure avocado pics COULD potentially trigger some people... :D

Yes, I also recently tried a sweet potato for the first time. I HATE sickeningly sweet, mushy nasty yams. So I was pleasantly surprised that the sweet potato was not nearly as bad. I made a curry with it that turned out alright. I would have them again. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

My parents had a small avocado ranch (that sadly burned down in one of those big California wildfires several years ago), so I've eaten a ton of delicious avocados right from the tree. From the pic, it looks like yours was not in the best condition. A pinch of salt would probably have helped, though. Believe me, a perfectly ripe one can be heavenly.

I'm still procrastinating on the eating challenge. My stomach turns at the thought of most of my options. :p
  • Cindyk4919
    I'm struggling getting my motivation back after vacation. I am so hungry! And tired!
  • Cindyk4919
    Finished the foot massage challenge and I too will make this a daily routine. I'm not convinced regarding the "reflexology" part of foot massage, but I have so many problems with my feet and I feel the benefits after 3 days in a row of massaging my feet-and hands. Also the stretch involved in getting that foot up to my lap is something that I need.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    I have finished the foot massage challenge and it wasn't too bad. I might make time for it occasionally but I'm still not into feet at all. I thinking for my food challenge this weekend I may try to cook and eat brussel sprouts. They really do terrify me! The smell alone really gets me so I'll see how far I get.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    I've finished all challenges before the weekend....that's a record for me!!!! I have a busy weekend planned so I had to get them done. I love Kick Boxing so that was awesome...makes me want to actually get into Kick Boxing and not the cardio one at the gym!!! Foot massage challenge done. It was ok....just much better when someone else does it though ... :|

@jenready I just recently tried brussel sprouts again...I hated them...I cut them in half drizzle with a little olive oil, thyme, rosemary and roast in the oven. Now I love them!!!! Crazy!!

I'm so sad to still see blanks in our spreadsheet. As Lesley has requested so many times before please mark a 0 if you didn't get anything in. I know myself if I see that I will try to get extra minutes.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    @Joanna2012B maybe I'll have to try them that way. I was thinking of either roasting them or doing something in a pan with bacon because bacon always makes things better.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA, not having a good week at all. Valentine's day and then my mother's birthday totally derailed my plans. I've eaten way too much and exercised too little. Woke up yesterday morning and contemplated just writing off the week, but decided it's better to do some damage control. So I doubled up on my workout yesterday and today. Not sure I'll be able to workout tomorrow since I have a funeral out of town. I'll try to wake up earlier to get something done but I make no promises. I'm afraid I'm going to see a gain on the scale come Sunday, I'm already up 3 lbs! A lot of it is water weight I know, but there is definitely some fat there too.

I have 2 reflexology videos left to do. Going to get started on them now so I can claim the points.

Btw, WE ARE IN LAST PLACE! Come on team, we are definitely better than this. Let's get those minutes entered and the challenges done.
  • Cindyk4919
    edited February 2017
    Pump it up Team to beat!
  • Cindyk4919
    Pump it up team two beat!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Team 2 Beat...I'm just going to paste a message I sent to Clarice and Mission Enforcer for you guys to read. I am so sorry that I have to step down but will try to be as involved as I can. :'(

I've got some craziness going on in my life right now with work. I have checked with Tami, murdog3t, and she has agreed to take over the captain duties until the end of the race. I would still like to try to remain on the team but will have way less time to devote to it. Below is a synopsis of what is going on. If it weren't this extreme, I would be doing everything I could to remain captain, but I just can't do it and the team deserves more than I can give right now.

I was #3 of 4 main accountants at the end of the year, CFO retired unexpectedly as of 12/31 and #2 just found out she didn't make it to the 2nd round of interviews on valentine's day, so she quit. Now all of a sudden, I'm top dog until they get our new CFO in here. We were working pretty much 7 days a week, weekends were at least from home, and my first weekend off was 1st weekend in Feb. Worked last Saturday but had Sunday off, and then this all happened Tuesday. Our next board meeting is 3/17, so I honestly think it might be 7 day weeks until then. I am just trying to do the best I can and keep the best attitude I can and hope I can survive it all!!

Thanks,
    Lesley
  • annenonomus
    annenonomus Posts: 12 Member
    So I'm posting for 135 Terry cause she's on vacation out of country with no wifi access, She trieda guava which she's never had before. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to eat the peel or not, but did, (hope she'll be ok, ARE you supposed to eat the peel?) She says it tasted kind of like pear.

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Good morning team 2. I will do my best to step into @lbenson2006 shoes as captain. I find it very difficult to check in daily these day but will do my best. I hope that Leslie will remain part of the team. Taking care of ones self is JUST as important as our line of work... if you don't take care of you how can you take care of others....right???
    Challenge #1I just finished the kickboxing videos did all of them for fun...
    Challenge #2 foot massage don't throughout the week is now done
    Challenge 3 I am a very picky/ consistent eater. I find it very hard to try things I don't like or new things. I couldn't eat bugs it would probably throw up......that said. @MissionEnforcer I did try Filipino fried banana lumpia. My co workers have them all the time at our potlucks but I have been reluctant to try them as they don't look very appealing. It was actually very good. Would I eat it again no because it's fried and would rather eat sweet potato French fries.lol
    Happy long presidents weekend.

I will do my best to check in 2X daily . If you have anything you need me to help with its best to message me through mfp. This is a team effort so please if I am slacking in an area please feel free to step in and help . As we all know life gets in the way...
    thanks Tami aka Murdog3t
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Foot challenge done. I did them daily throughout the week. Still not a fan of feet.

For the food challenge, @MissionEnforcer I made coconut curry tofu with rice noodles. All brand new to me. The tofu was okay texture-wise (a big reason why I'd never tried it before) and it didn't really taste like anything until it soaked in the coconut curry sauce. I LOVE the rice noodles with the curry. I'll be using those again. Overall, it was nice. The recipe made four servings so I'll be eating on it all weekend. With the flu still making me feel yuck, a slightly spicy soup warmed me up.