February 2017 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options
JTH11706
JTH11706 Posts: 2,923 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the February 2017 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Wednesday, February 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any JANUARY miles here. We will continue updating the JANUARY spreadsheet using the JANUARY thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of February. Please add only your February goals/miles to this February thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: )

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.... ....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Janet

Replies

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    In for 250 again. The lower miles I pledge, the harder I go.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,307 Member
    Options
    In for 150 for February.

Chris
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100. Maybe that will make me get to the gym when the weather doesn't cooperate.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm in for 200 miles again this month. I'm confident I can make my goal this month as long as I stay on track.

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,801 Member
    Options
    In for 75 due to another challenge.
  • lamm84416
    lamm84416 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Looks like I underestimated how far I walk in a month. So I'm down for 130 miles for February.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,007 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm in for 225 miles again, please!

As of 1/31 248.50 miles of 225 miles (correct mileage)

exercise.png

PLEASE DONATE MY EXTRA miles to Dave!!!!!![/quote]

• micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for 60 miles! Good luck everyone! :)
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Thank you to the admins for the great job you are doing!

Better aim for 250 (gulp) miles this month
    Starting with
    1 Feb 11.6 miles/250
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Goal for February - 180 miles
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Goal for February is 140 miles walking/biking
    Total for month - __ of 140 miles
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Glad you are ready to come back Dave. I am in for 80 again this month, rain makes hiking impossible as we have flooding too now and my OH is back in hospital for procedure on 17th so not sure how I will do after that for a while.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I <3 this group! Glad to be back for February.. please mark me down for 160 miles. Thank you!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    exercise.png

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 again this month. I'm finding I'm struggling a bit between looking after grandchildren, grotty weather and a niggle in my left hip. Some days I'm even struggling to make my 10K steps.

Best wishes to everyone for a good February - there is lots of scope for improvement.

@Dave big *hugs*

Mieleage for today :
    1st: 0 miles - MTD 0
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    I'm going to lower my miles to 30. I need to focus more on weights and see if I can get this body to gain some muscle and lose some more fat. I tend to focus more on cardio so I want to see if cutting my walking/running back to twice a week or so will work for me.

3 miles today, some treadmill, some laps. Now if I logged all miles, it'd be a lot higher, last night's work chaos got me over 7000 steps between midnight and 7 AM. Heading to the couch to put my feet up.

exercise.png

• amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Can you please add me for 50 miles this month?

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I was going to up my total a little this month but it is a short month so I will go for 100 miles again please. It is equivalent to upping my miles I suppose. Same number in less days.

Nice to see you back Dave and thank you to everyone who keeps this going. You are really appreciated
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    ... going to try for 35 running miles this month! Started off the month with a 3 mile run.

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.