Options

Replies

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Day 4
    Calories: under
    Carbs: sub 50
    Steps: forgot to take my tracker off the charger, but walked into and around the city so well over 10k
    Exercise: 386/300 weekly minutes.

Rings still really tight and I have a giant headache. Salt and aspirin aren't working. Didn't bother to weigh this morning. Super Bowl tonight! (It starts after midnight here). Who's your team?
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    okay, so far my day is going well.
    there are a couple of updates:
    One: I started an egg fast today. I'm going as many days as I can, up to five.
    Two: I weighed myself. :# I'm down three pounds though. :D

Oh, I just wanted to share the fast because my calories aren't going to be consistent.
    Other than that....I don't consider myself as having *kitten* up. Well, not seriously. I didn't fall into a cake, mouth first or anything. :D

So, If I start having any really bad side issues from the eggs, I'll discontinue at once. I'd just love to get back into the 180's again.....

Ugh....I stopped trying to do the fast. I'm sick as hell and I knew better. So....I guess that's check one for a *kitten* up!

Tomorrow will be better.

An egg fast would make me very sick. Too similar to some crazy diet my high scholl gym teacher (yes, really) handed out that involved eating 9 hard boiled eggs a day. By day 4 even the smell of eggs would turn me green. I still can't eat hard boiled eggs.

TODAY is already better because you don't have to eat eggs :).

Thank you! I'm still gonna eat my bacon and eggs. I didn't go so far that I created an aversion. I was super careful to avoid that pitfall!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    okay, so far my day is going well.
    there are a couple of updates:
    One: I started an egg fast today. I'm going as many days as I can, up to five.
    Two: I weighed myself. :# I'm down three pounds though. :D

Oh, I just wanted to share the fast because my calories aren't going to be consistent.
    Other than that....I don't consider myself as having *kitten* up. Well, not seriously. I didn't fall into a cake, mouth first or anything. :D

So, If I start having any really bad side issues from the eggs, I'll discontinue at once. I'd just love to get back into the 180's again.....

Ugh....I stopped trying to do the fast. I'm sick as hell and I knew better. So....I guess that's check one for a *kitten* up!

Tomorrow will be better.

An egg fast would make me very sick. Too similar to some crazy diet my high scholl gym teacher (yes, really) handed out that involved eating 9 hard boiled eggs a day. By day 4 even the smell of eggs would turn me green. I still can't eat hard boiled eggs.

TODAY is already better because you don't have to eat eggs :).

Thank you! I'm still gonna eat my bacon and eggs. I didn't go so far that I created an aversion. I was super careful to avoid that pitfall!

Bacon makes everything better
    (Why is there no bacon emoji)

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Why, indeed? :|
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @Ringbearer2 no doubt my favorite team isn't in it this year. :/ I'll be cheering for Brady and team. My TV is tuned to ESPN and the NFL network from at least September through the Superbowl so I'm ready to move on to other aspects of life. LOL. I've always been a fan of Joe Montana as "greatest QB ever" but I think Brady has him beat. Glad to see last night that Kurt Warner made quick entry into the Hall of Fame. Jerry Jones, not so much. :# I think it will be a tight game. An exciting one too!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    2/4 report:
    Worked out (strength).
    Calories were under. Carbs I went a little over because we had lunch and spent the afternoon with friends, grazed a bit and initially forgot to log everything before dinner.

REALLY need to work on sleep though! I've been staying up too late lately and not following my evening wind-down routine.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    @Ringbearer2 no doubt my favorite team isn't in it this year. :/ I'll be cheering for Brady and team. My TV is tuned to ESPN and the NFL network from at least September through the Superbowl so I'm ready to move on to other aspects of life. LOL. I've always been a fan of Joe Montana as "greatest QB ever" but I think Brady has him beat. Glad to see last night that Kurt Warner made quick entry into the Hall of Fame. Jerry Jones, not so much. :# I think it will be a tight game. An exciting one too!

This will be the first full game I've been able to watch this year. Can't wait!!! I am a huge Montana fan-- that guy is a class act. And good for Kurt!!

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Walk 80 miles in February, 3.5 mph or greater.

2/1 5.0 miles, 3.55mph
    2/2 4.6 miles, 3.53mph.
    2/3 5.0 miles, 3.68mph.

2/5 5.1 miles, 3.57mph. Supermarket was packed! Everyone had their jerseys on including me. Go Steelers! :'( Next year. Looking forward to the draft in April. Woot!

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    2/4: Carbs good. Weight is in range but at the high end still. So bloated this week. Strength training done for the day. Finished the first stage of Chalean Extreme. Stage two next week. I took my collagen in my morning coffee so that's a check. I cleaned the toilet for my housekeeping chore and plan to do a little tidying up.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a run in...

I hear you on the bloating. I don't know why I'm retaining so much water. How do you like Chalean Extreme?

I like it but the pace has been hard for me to get used to. I'm kind of the type who hurries through things and they go very slow. Which is for good reason. I can't cheat the reps! lol.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    2/5: Carbs good. Weight in range, slightly less bloated. Collagen in my coffee again. I took a trail run today since it was sunny and not terribly cold. It was a wild run as I twisted my ankle but luckily it seems ok. Then I nearly fell in a creek trying to cross but got saved by some hikers. Very thankful because that would have been a miserable run back to the car. lol. Then my phone started vibrating and wouldn't quit. I thought it was broke but I finally got it sorted. Now onto my household chore...feeling lazy. Maybe just some laundry.
  • gracestevens1994
    gracestevens1994 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was quite bad/complacent last week and managed to gain 2lbs... I think it was because it was the first week of the year I had alcohol :/ hoping it's water weight but I'm going to be super good from this week onwards o:)

My plan is - avoid diet soft drinks/alcohol in the week and minimise at the weekend (if any) and try a few intermittent fasts this week. Wish me luck!
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am in. Did great with Dry January, but February has a few social functions. So mine is to drink on no more than 6 days. And I have already used 2 of those for my birthday. Plus I will exercise 4 times per week.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    Days 3-5
    Didn't have BPC but still only had coffee with HWC for breakfast
    No dark choc chips all weekend either, and the open bag is in my fridge staring at me LOL

Doing some kitchen reno kept me from going to the gym this weekend but I did go bowling both Sat and Sun. Made some keto sausage balls for watching the game last night-YUM!!!!
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm in, although I'm starting late. I'd like to lose 5 lbs by March 1.
    Don't cheat until March 2
    Pick healthy choices (versus bacon all day and night)
    Exercise daily for a min of 10 min (at least walk around the block once)
    Drink 10 glasses of water
    Track, track, track
    Use OA - it helps me
    Good luck.

Feel free to friend me!
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So far so good!
    I've been a fair way under my goal of 50g of carbs/day all week, managed not 1 but 2 litres of water for the past 3 days, haven't talked myself into any treats ("it's only 1 square....I'm under my carb allowance" etc). Yesterday I even threw in a little bit of HIIT (a very little bit...but it's an improvement!).
    Feeling strong for no F-ups Feb!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    and ditch my attitude, even though it's justified given all the crap I have to put up with. Some people in my life are very trying...

I have a facebook fitness/health group of close friends and my goal for the last 2 weeks running has been to "Not punch anyone"

So far so good. Though I've come REEEEEEEEEEEEALLY close some days to not making it.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    You are looking at a grade-A F-Uper!
    Bottom line, I need to ditch booze completely, and ditch my attitude, even though it's justified given all the crap I have to put up with. Some people in my life are very trying... It's very hard to be strong and resolute when you are so tired all the time. Well, suck-it-up, Buttercup. What is, is. Excuses are not to be tolerated.

Going to do my workout later. Then oldest daughter has a doubleheader against 2 tough teams in indoor soccer.Trying hard to not think about my very important Dr appt Wed. I just know the healthcare system is going to disappoint me again.

Anyway, make today a good day, no matter what.
    Onward. :triumph:

OMG, do you have my life??!?!
    ditto on the health care system, and I am part of it (a pharmacist). It has completely failed me. I had 2 really good FEB days, only had 2 drinks all weekend, but didn't track Sat and Sunday, and didn't exercise those days. UP a pound. I upped my hormone patch, so I am sure it is some water weight, but damn. Frustrating. People are on my nerves right now...pretty much all people..ha!

Hang in there. Good luck at your appointment.
  • CarrieMoritz
    CarrieMoritz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Took a weekend off of keto, started Friday and by yesterday was willing to just say eff it to everything. Fasted Saturday morning though, and fasted today until 3pm, so there was a teeny bit of good. Didn't get my squats or push-ups in on Sat or Sunday, so I really effed up. Back to it today. Scale isn't really my friend at all lately, up down up. :persevere: Amazing how bloated I was by yesterday evening. Also, threw my electrolytes off like nobody's business, because I had a 20-min Charlie horse in my foot in the middle of the night that took NuSalt to stop, and mag and sodium to help me fall back to sleep.
This discussion has been closed.