Those working on those last 10-15?

Options

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    elize7, great progress, yea, YOU. I hit my original goal in May, so I understand the clothes sorting for sure.

Wishing you continued success.
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I have stalled for three weeks. Trying to stay calm. I think (intellectualIy) I am 10# from my goal weight. Perhaps my body thinks otherwise. Has anyone else considered this?
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    jonni82014 wrote: »
    I have stalled for three weeks. Trying to stay calm. I think (intellectualIy) I am 10# from my goal weight. Perhaps my body thinks otherwise. Has anyone else considered this?

Yup! I considered it. I stayed yoyo-ing around 124 since early APRIL!!! I accepted that maybe this was where my body wanted to be, but I didn't let that stop my Keto WoE. Last week I started losing again, and I'm now 16 pounds down from my beginning weight! y4dhlg8k9zk5.png
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Kudos on the weight loss @CRZYFTM. Do you credit it to anything other than being "sick as a dog"? Were you eating while sick? Regardless, TAKE IT!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    This week i faced some issues head on, and while not perfectly handling them, I held my own. I stayed foodwise on plan all week, but blew it somewhat on alcohol this weekend. Probably due to what I was facing socially, but like I said, I did the best I could at remaining true to myself and acting with integrity. Kudos to me for that. I'm not especially gifted or confident in some social situations, but I'm out there giving it my best shot. Hopefully the alcohol bloat and water weight will be gone quickly, and I can be grateful that at least foodwise, I was able to be keto strong.
    Still got about 15 lbs to go by September, if all goes well.
    Have an awesome, satisfying Sunday, fitness pals!
  • EryOaker
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    This week i faced some issues head on, and while not perfectly handling them, I held my own. I stayed foodwise on plan all week, but blew it somewhat on alcohol this weekend. Probably due to what I was facing socially, but like I said, I did the best I could at remaining true to myself and acting with integrity. Kudos to me for that. I'm not especially gifted or confident in some social situations, but I'm out there giving it my best shot. Hopefully the alcohol bloat and water weight will be gone quickly, and I can be grateful that at least foodwise, I was able to be keto strong.
    Still got about 15 lbs to go by September, if all goes well.
    Have an awesome, satisfying Sunday, fitness pals!

Good job! Parties with party food is so hard!!!
  • jonni82014
    Options
    For the last week I have been diligent in logging my food intake and liquids. For me that is a very good start to keto
  • jonni82014
    Options
    We went to the farmer's market. New to keto, I was kinda nervous that I would maybe miss my lunch. I did want to keep my carbs low. So many fruits and vegetables. Many sugar laden offerings. I was very surprised when we came across a kiosk selling paleo, keto goodies (paleo pudding and phat bombs) I bought a few snacks. We also saw other kiosks selling spreads (cheese like consistencies) of almond and cashews based. Very tasty. Even the coffee vendor was offering real cream for our coffee. My view is people are really embracing the keto lifestyle or am I finally more aware. I think it's the latter.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    (it could be the latte!)

Sadly, although I hear a lot of people talking about LCHF/P, I've seen very little in writing, or through official channels that would seem to support or corroborate the facts about LCHF/P ways of eating.
    Sure, loads of people are talking about it, and those who partake and I've spoken to, are enthusiastic and excited about the changes they've seen in themselves.
    But damn it. Officialdom does not seem to be following suit. Health representatives, nutritionists and dietitians, or even those in the ground-breaking camps of the food industry are still pushing 'low-fat' as the way to go, and that Type2 Diabetics should keep their carb intake up.

How frustrating......
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Well, I did it, I dropped the weight, went lower than I was aiming for and I have held the line for a month now. I made it to my birthday while under my original goal weight. I have learned so much from the LCD groups and ketodudes, I think I can continue to be successful with maintaining.

For all of you still around the 10 lbs. to go area, you can get past that and reach your goal. Exam what you have been doing and see what you can tweak. For me it was adding in extended fasting. It might be something different for you. But it is so worth it.

Much success to all of you in this thread in the coming weeks.

Well done you!! Huge round of applause from me!!

• monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Kudos on the weight loss @CRZYFTM. Do you credit it to anything other than being "sick as a dog"? Were you eating while sick? Regardless, TAKE IT!

I was only sick for 24 hours. Thankfully my bug was a fast moving one. I did lose half a pound but I did eat. I just ignored my tummy ache and took pepto. My drop past 124
    happened right after I started Massage Therapy school and I started fasting an extra three hours. Instead of eating lunch at noon, I'm waiting til I get home around 3pm and just having a snack before dinner if needed. Some days I don't eat until dinner. I do have coffee with HWC in the morning and I drink 60-90 oz of water. If I'm feeling sluggish I make some chicken broth during a break and drink it. I'll redo my progress pick once I hit 120, but here's my last progress pick at 124 pounds. I'm down two more pounds and and inch in my waist since this picture.

bh8h6f365tc6.jpg

dang girl you look good
  • EryOaker
    Options
    monikker wrote: »
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    kpk54 wrote: »

I was only sick for 24 hours. Thankfully my bug was a fast moving one. I did lose half a pound but I did eat. I just ignored my tummy ache and took pepto. My drop past 124
    happened right after I started Massage Therapy school and I started fasting an extra three hours. Instead of eating lunch at noon, I'm waiting til I get home around 3pm and just having a snack before dinner if needed. Some days I don't eat until dinner. I do have coffee with HWC in the morning and I drink 60-90 oz of water. If I'm feeling sluggish I make some chicken broth during a break and drink it. I'll redo my progress pick once I hit 120, but here's my last progress pick at 124 pounds. I'm down two more pounds and and inch in my waist since this picture.

bh8h6f365tc6.jpg

dang girl you look good

Awe! Thank you!
  • jonni82014
    edited July 2017
    Options
    When extended fasting is mentioned what is? Does a cup of coffee break the fast or does food intake break the fast (breakfast)? My last meal is 6:00pm (supper) and my first coffee is 7:30am; is this 14 1/2 hours of fasting? Is it intermittent?
  • jonni82014
    Options
    Scale at a stand still. 10# to go. Have to be patient.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Missed this because I was off camping.
    jonni82014 wrote: »
    When extended fasting is mentioned what is?
    Many consider fasting for more than 24hrs extended fasting. But really anything that goes on for 2 or more days.
    Does a cup of coffee break the fast or does food intake break the fast (breakfast)?
    I've heard different things. Some say no calories. So if it were water or black coffee, then it would not break the fast. Others say as long as it's under 50 cals. Some say as long as it's just fat, like Bulletproof Coffee, then insulin isn't spiked so you are still fasting. It just depends on what you can handle and why you are using IF.
    My last meal is 6:00pm (supper) and my first coffee is 7:30am; is this 14 1/2 hours of fasting? Is it intermittent?
    Yes. That's considered intermittent fasting. Fasting for part of a day, 12 or more hours to get the benefit. Or fasting every other day. Any brief, finite fasting is usually considered intermittent.