Replies

• thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    OMG YOU DID IT \o/
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I moved my seat closer to the steering wheel. If may seem like something small but to me this is an accomplishment. For as along as I can remember I have had to push my seat all the way back.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    way to go, Lorian! I do know that feeling - the only difference is, I STILL can't move my seat up because of my darn long legs.....in my '06 CRV, I want to put the seat back another 6 inches! lol

Yup - the small victories are just as important or more so - they keep us going between the big ones!
  • TheVonada
    TheVonada Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This seems absolutely silly.... but yesterday I was walking to Wegmans for dinner (it's just a few blocks from work), and caught a glimpse of myself in a reflection in a store window as I passed. I was shocked to see that the person walking in the window wasn't walking gut-first like I'm so used to seeing myself!
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I had a SMALL piece of my daughter's birthday cake last night that allowed me to still reach my daily calorie total. (and I lost .8 of a pound as of this morning)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I dropped some serious inches ^^
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Congratulations, ts! See? that's a reason why I'm a packrat - you never know when you'll be able to get back into that clothing article or will need that tool! lol
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I noticed the week before last, that a pair of 24W pants I had on was lose and I was constantly pulling them up. So, while in Walmart one day, I decided to try on a pair of 22W's in the same brand and style - and they fit, comfortably! I was excited, but figured it was just that style, as they were cut looser.

Then I stopped at CJ Banks the next week just to see if I could fit into their clothing, and low and behold, I was able to wear their 22W's as well - even more exciting! But they were dress pants, so I figured that meant I was starting to flirt with getting into 22W's.

This weekend, I tried on a pair of Rider 22W jeans - regular classic fit blue jeans with the button waist - and could get into them! They were just smidge tight in the waist - just enough that sitting down was uncomfortable - but my friend told me that they fit just like jeans should. So I thought "almost into a 22W!"

But yesterday, I stopped by Lane Bryant just to see what they had, and tried on a pair of 22W jeans, 22W dress pants, and a 22W skirt - and all of them fit and fit well and comfortably! The jeans were the stretchy skinny jeans and I just didn't like the style (I'm not quite ready to wear such form-clinging clothes lol)

So I guess what I"m saying is that to my utter delight, I'm not just flirting with being in a 22W; apparently I AM in a 22W! That means I've dropped 4 dress sizes this year, down from a starting size of 30W. I can't even remember the last time I wore that size. Thinking back, it had to have been no later than 10th grade, and maybe even junior high. The dress I graduated high school in was a 26W, and I was a 26W most of college.

Though I'm just now getting into a 3X top - I just don't like my clothes form fitting and tend to wear shirts that are a size bigger because I like them loose.
  • MommaSarabear83
    MommaSarabear83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started MFP (again) at the end of December 2017 and have lost 24 pounds to date. I put on a t-shirt that I always had to "stretch out" with my arms so it wouldn't be so snug....but I didn't have to do that yesterday and it was fresh out of the dryer!!! (HAPPY DANCE) So - I'm finally seeing a little bit of change in my clothes. Gave me the fuel to keep going!
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Food bill goes down. I can bend farther, but not as far as I would like yet. :smile: Thinking clearer.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    my food bill went up, but that was because I was buying more stuff from the fresh produce section :)

Congrats on the bending farther - increased flexibility is a great NSV!
  • TheVonada
    TheVonada Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow - so sorry I haven't been in here in a long time!
    So... toward the beginning of February, I bought a pair of "someday" pants. As in - I can wear these... someday. (They were $5 at ROSS, and I can't resist a deal.) They're 2 inches smaller than the size I wore 11 years ago in my senior year of high school. When getting dressed this morning, I saw them hanging there, and tried them on on a whim. And they fit! Sure, they're a little snug, but they fit!!!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    you're looking fantastic, Von! that's a great feeling. I had a dress I had hanging in my closet for 5 years that I had bought the last time I lost weight. I used to have it hanging on my closet door to encourage me to lose weight so I could get into it, but then I gained the weight back and I put it away.

During the move this winter, I unpacked that dress and recently tried it on - and it fit! I was absolutely ecstatic!