March 2017 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Adding 2.65 and 2.85

100.11 miles walked to date

Really suffering at the moment. Hurt my back but at least I made my miles this month
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    kar328 wrote: »
    Thanks for the good thoughts and exercise suggestions. My leg felt pretty pain free when I woke up, I'm still feeling it on and off, but it's not as intense as the past few days. I have a session with my trainer tomorrow, she has issues with her own so she'll know what I shouldn't try. Work tomorrow night will be the big obstacle.

Took myself out for a 3.4 mile walk.

exercise.png

Kar: You are really inspiring and so dedicated. I am in awe of you girl!

:blush: Thank you, that's really sweet. I'm finding that not doing my usual classes/moving is hard on my brain and at the same time, that makes me happy. It wasn't too long ago where any excuse would have worked. Just got home from the trainer, didn't lift heavy but I still ended up tired and sweaty and the leg feels fine, same amount of soreness. Working tonight, then on vacation so not running around at work will help a lot.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Updating for yesterday MTD 131.44

exercise.png

Bike 48.20
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 5.9 miles

exercise.png
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Elliptical in the gym yesterday- 5.95 miles. I've become a wimp when wind is involved. :#

exercise.png

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    15 miles done
    45 miles total

30 miles left towards
    75 miles March goal

Thanks!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@2ESSIE - Sorry to hear you hurt your back.....but at the same time, you've made GOAL! :star: Take it easy now for a couple of days until your back feels better. :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,197 Member
    Options
    Adding another 7 miles for 155 out of 250

Adding 18 miles for 173 out of 250.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    fzlcnz099bfl.jpg
    xhwtmn20fdv6.jpg

Photos from my hike today. :smile:
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @2essie - take care of your back, but well done on making your miles despite it giving you problems.
    @kar328 .... the new lifestyle is now 'set' - fabulous and well done you! <3<3
    @clepant - thank you for your kind words ...... I need to put jelly beans in my pocket! The honey sounds like a clever fix, I'll have to try that. In the north of the UK 'bonked' has quite a different .meaning LOL :D:D

exercise.png

16th: 6 miles, 2.5 running, 3.5 purposeful walking - MTD 56.19
    17th: 1 miles, 1 m TM MTD 57.19
    18th: 7 miles, 3.5 m Cartmel Lakeland Trail Run, 3 m purposeful walking - MTD 63.19
    19th: 10.56 m stationary bike, - MTD 73.75
    20th: 3.54 miles, 1.54 m TM, 2 miles purposeful walking, Pilates and strength training- MTD 77.29
    21st: 8.07 miles, 4.07 m running, 4 m purposeful walking - MTD 85.36
    22nd: 0 miles, 1.27 TM, Pilates and strength training- MTD 86.63
    23rd: 5.06 miles, 2.56 speed training, 2.5 purposeful walking - MTD 91.69

Edited for a glitch!!
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    3.6 mile walk today
    MTD - 25/30
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Add 4.38 miles for a total of 60.08 miles.

exercise.png

• rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 7 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Took a walk with the grandkids, now that will wear you out :):D:):D

03/22 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Train (still not feeling it today, stupid allergies)
    03/23 - 01.0 miles walk (walk with the grandkids)
    03/23 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Train (after the grandkids wore me out)

Total: 409.0 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,347 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @k80flec:Funny that the term was one that was first used by a British film company. But I am sure it could imply something else. LOL

I watched a young guy between 19 to 23 go down during my first big race. It was a ten miler. We had just passed mile 9 and he literally went down like a ton of bricks. Legs in the weirdest positions. Fortunately we were right by some race workers so I did not stop. I was struggling to get through that last mile and trying to come in under two hours. I thought to myself; so that is what hitting the wall looks like. Only felt something like it on a long training run two years ago. I was definitely out of fuel. Legs were shutting down but fortunately I got through it. It was not pretty.

Often, people associate the word "bonk" with "hitting the wall" during endurance events. For endurance athletes it is a sudden and overwhelming feeling of running out of energy. You were running or riding along at what seemed like a manageable pace, then seemingly without warning your legs turned to cement. With heavy legs, a body-wide feeling of fatigue and sometimes dizziness, you are forced to stop.

One of the first instances of the athletic term "bonk", came from a film produced by British Transport Films in the mid-1950s in which cyclists noted that if they didn't rest and eat, they would bonk. In other words, they would hit a limit (the proverbial wall) governed by the body and uncontrolled by the mind and sheer willpower. It is said that the feeling was similar to getting hit on the head (bonked on the head) and knocked out of competition.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    March 23: Adding 10.75 miles of walking 4.75 and cycling 6 miles
    TTD: 286.75 miles

exercise.png

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    @clepant - thanks for that. It gives a very clear explanation of the root of to bonk or bonking until a state of:
    clepant wrote: »
    a sudden and overwhelming feeling of running out of energy.

I'm new to running and it may be common parlance amongst the more experienced runners in my club - we do have a few ultra runners .....

@anaconda469 - YaY to that .... the little angels can wear you out - and you put in 20 miles cycle training afterwards!! Fabulous.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Bonk is a really common term among cyclists. One of the gals from work really laughed the first time used the term. Now she uses it all the time. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.