30 day shred/Ripped in 30 challenge

Options

Replies

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 2 day 4. Question: are you all doing 10 days of each level? I assumed you did 5-6 workouts per week and moved onto the next level / week for each actual week spent - that's what I've done so far... what's everyone else think?

I got bored and I am skipping around the levels, I'm keeping track on a sheet on my fridge which levels I complete for each day. If I'm feeling tired I do the level one, if I have motivation I do one of the other two. I'm going to look at the end and see how it splits up.

Today I took a rest day (other than walking the dogs two miles), as I was pretty sore from yesterday's level 3 (I had also done a two mile walk and an hour of yoga) but I'm already feeling ready to get after it again tomorrow!! I took a epson salt bath and that stuff seriously works!!
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    Is anyone else feeling this a ton in their shoulders? I'm feeling it so much there that I'm worrie they are getting too big. I know that sounds crazy, but I have a small butt so it doesn't take much to throw off the proportions.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I do think that both 30 DS and RI30 are harder on the upper than the lower body. I've been interspersing them with Killer Buns and Thighs when I feel like my arms and shoulders need a rest, to even it out a bit
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    I do think that both 30 DS and RI30 are harder on the upper than the lower body. I've been interspersing them with Killer Buns and Thighs when I feel like my arms and shoulders need a rest, to even it out a bit

Thanks for mentioning this, I am going to look into it, I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that it focuses a lot on the upper body. Though I can definitely tell my legs have gotten stronger, but they just aren't getting worked as much.

I was thinking of maybe mixing in a butt/ leg workout and an abs workout to help even out. I LOVE 30DS but I seriously feel like my arms are worked on every move and I can't even hold myself up on some moves bc my shoulders hurt.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You gotta do what works for you. I did 10 days at each level (I tried to do 5-6 per week) and moved up a level at that point.
  • VanVanDiane
    Options
    Week 3 day 1 of RI30 down... who else has noticed that Jillian skipped one of the strength routines in circuit 1?!
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    Week 3 day 1 of RI30 down... who else has noticed that Jillian skipped one of the strength routines in circuit 1?!

That's funny! Whoops :neutral:
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem but I was doing the 30ds using the YouTube videos but they seem to have disappeared. I went to do my workout this evening but had to​ do something different as I couldn't find it, it's gone from my history and everything. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'll get back on track but otherwise I'm afraid I'm out :(
  • WickAndArtoo
    edited May 2017
    Options
    aeshippers wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem but I was doing the 30ds using the YouTube videos but they seem to have disappeared. I went to do my workout this evening but had to​ do something different as I couldn't find it, it's gone from my history and everything. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'll get back on track but otherwise I'm afraid I'm out :(

Oh no! That sucks :( they probably found out it was on there or decided to take it off to make more money.

I got mine on iTunes for $10 if your will to pay that much, also you can but the levels individually so you don't have to buy the first level if you were almost done etc.
  • bringbackthejoy
    Options
    That is so weird! I have no insight, sorry.
  • VanVanDiane
    Options
    aeshippers wrote: »

Both levels are still there in YouTube when I look - Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level one and level two... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aN2rZaLrLd8 hope link works for you
  • VanVanDiane
    Options
  • VanVanDiane
    Options
    And even level 3 now - that wasn't there before... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EwWCuEZ2Rk8
  • VanVanDiane
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Double post - deleted
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    When I try all 3 links I am getting "This video has been removed by user" so interesting that you can still see them. Maybe it's country specific? I will explore my other options but thanks for posting the links.
  • VanVanDiane
    Options
    No - now they're not working for me either - sorry I can't help
  • bringbackthejoy
    Options
    Status update is that I am now at Level 3 day 6
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm here to join you all by doing ripped in 30 days! I've done 3 weeks of healthy eating to get myself back on track and to give myself a period to adjust instead of diving in head first (I've tried that before and it didn't work). I've lost 4 pounds so far without exercise and have to lose 15 more pounds to get to my goal weight. Very curious towards the results of everyone! :)

Starting weight: 68 kg/150 lbs
    Goal weight: 61 kg/135 lbs
    Height: 173cm/5'8"

I'm using 4.4 pound weights (I'm from the Netherlands. Here it would be 2 kg) and both where she uses one heavier weight. I've done day 1 of level 1 yesterday and am really sore all over, so I'm excited to continue!
  • bringbackthejoy
    Options
    Welcome WsvT!
  • VanVanDiane
    Options
    Hi there WsvT :smile: I was really sore after day one on both weeks... currently on week 3, just done day 3. Have had to modify some of the moves - my knees won't handle plyometrics...