30 day shred/Ripped in 30 challenge

Options
1235»

Replies

• PixieKazza
    PixieKazza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just to say I've done 30DS a couple of times (I got it for £5 from Amaz*n). Yes it was hard work and I couldn't walk for a couple of days when I first started, but I was so happy with the results it was worth it in the end. Plus I felt so much better and more energetic in myself.

Ripped in 30 (again, £5) I didn't enjoy so much but that's probably just me not liking the different routines. I used 2kg weights for the arm raises and they seemed to work well. I did feel a massive sense of achievement when I could get through one routine without stopping.

Although you don't apparently expand a lot of calories during the workout (my Fitbit says 144 cals!) , I think the fat burning thing works. I lost weight much quicker doing this than when I went to the gym for an hour a day three/four times a week plus looked amazing for the first time in my life. All in all, go for it -but take care at first so you don't damage yourselves, especially knees. Good luck!
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, plyometrics... I really hope my knees will get stronger soon. Yesterday I had to skip the running man cardio bit and did controlled lunges instead because my left knee was killing me. Today it was all fine though. Maybe my form was just better.

The soreness also hasn't decreased yet! It seems strange to me that you have to work all the same (untrained) muscles every single day. During the insanity workout program they have a yoga day scheduled in to give them a little rest/stretch plus another rest day. I think I'll be implementing that here as well.

How are you all doing? Did you notice an increase in strength/endurance and/or muscle mass?
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I noticed a difference in my arms and shoulders after doing shred - more definition (just less fat or newbie gains? Not sure) I still have rubbish upper body strength though - the day I do a set of big-girl push-ups will be cause for celebration. I find the 'every day same workout' hard to comprehend as well - I know it's not like lifting heavy or anything, but surely you're supposed to rest muscle groups in between working them, right? I alternate workouts to mitigate the overuse
  • VanVanDiane
    Options
    Week 4 day 1 of RI30 done...
  • marieschneider1097
    marieschneider1097 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still doing the shred? I want to start ripped in 30 in 5 days! When I'm done w 30 day shred :)
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Im 2 days away from 30ds. But since I leave to go on vacay in 6 days, I'm going to do levels 1 2 1nd 3 on my non running days and continue with level 3 for the running days. I will start ripped in 30 when I get home.
  • VanVanDiane
    Options
    Just finished week 4 day 4 of RI30... plan to do 30DS starting next Thursday after I get back from a mini holiday...
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a little break from ripped in 30. Doing the high intensity versions of the exercises was too harsh on my weak and untrained body (I don't know moderation when I'm put to a challenge, haha), so I'll be doing calisthenics combined with runs as preperation first. Seems like you guys are doing great!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I couldn't run yesterday and really wanted the calories so I did all three levels back to back. Not bad, but I was tired. Not sore, but body tired.
  • VanVanDiane
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Week 4 day 5 of RI30 done... and that's me done til after my hol - good luck with the rest of it to everyone else!