Post your Keto dinner pics!

Options

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    rfrenkel77 wrote: »
    My apologies, the dry wine was us celebrating my wife’s 10k raise. I had to break it out midweek. We only had 1/2 glass each.

Never apologize for having a good dry wine. Congrat to the wife.
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    tayusuki wrote: »
    Top ramen with egg was always a comfort food for me. Now I have a low-carb version! gd38qu1jx6gd.jpg
    How are you making these low carb??
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    @BrownsFan19 , I strongly suspect those are zero-carb noodles (made from Konjak/Konnyaku)....
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Top ramen with egg was always a comfort food for me. Now I have a low-carb version! gd38qu1jx6gd.jpg

@AlexandraCarlyle isn't too far off!! They're shirataki noodles (some grocery stores are carrying them. Otherwise Asian markets). They're bagged in a refrigeration section. The texture firms up a little when cooked in the broth!! I don't find it much different. They also don't have taste and absorb the seasonings great.

I also make the seasoning myself.

.5 chicken bouillon cubes
    .5 tsp poultry seasoning/garlic powder/onion powder/ pepper (I think that's all).

I also add egg and green onion c:
  • BrownsFan19
    Options

@AlexandraCarlyle isn't too far off!! They're shirataki noodles (some grocery stores are carrying them. Otherwise Asian markets). They're bagged in a refrigeration section. The texture firms up a little when cooked in the broth!! I don't find it much different. They also don't have taste and absorb the seasonings great.

.5 tsp poultry seasoning/garlic powder/onion powder/ pepper (I think that's all).

Thanks so much. I'm lookin for something to add to soups to give me a noodle feel. Wanted to make Pho, so hoping these will work!
  • retirehappy
    Options

Thanks so much. I'm lookin for something to add to soups to give me a noodle feel. Wanted to make Pho, so hoping these will work!

Just be sure to wash them very well. The smell is very off putting. I'd do this with spaghetti squash personally.
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Just be sure to wash them very well. The smell is very off putting. I'd do this with spaghetti squash personally.

True! I never thought of that. It doesn't make it taste different and doesn't carry over into the food. But that's true.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    edited

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I forgot to take a picture of this, but here is a video showing almost what I made. The only differences are that I used cream cheese instead of sour cream, pork rinds instead of crackers, and I added a little cheddar cheese on top at the end. My proportions were also a little different. A bit more sausage and a bit less zucchini and no yellow squash.

http://bbqpitboys.com/sausage-crusted-squash-casserole/
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    ...Other than those minor details, it's EXACTLY the same.... ! :D
  • Vladaar
    Vladaar Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Haven't made this yet, but definitely going to tomorrow. I love cheese cake.

http://www.ketovale.com/recipe/low-carb-new-york-cheesecake/

Seems like very simple recipe.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

That is a site where I have keto-fied many of the foods they make. It just comes natural now. I also have my preferences and figure if I like cream cheese more than sour cream, then why follow the recipe exactly just because that is what they did?
  • Twinklestarr1981
    Twinklestarr1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner last night. It was 6 carbs for a huge serving. ( I don’t do net carbs) It was an impromptu throw together meal lol. Bless ya’ll! PS- If ya want any other LCHF/Keto/Low Carb friends feel free to add me! #workinprogress

8b57zxtkejn1.jpeg
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

That is a site where I have keto-fied many of the foods they make. It just comes natural now. I also have my preferences and figure if I like cream cheese more than sour cream, then why follow the recipe exactly just because that is what they did?

...I was just kidding....
  • BrownsFan19
    Options
    SO I just made this soup. OMG...delicious! I didn't take a picture, but the picture is on the link below. Creamy Garlic Chicken Soup

https://ketogasm.com/creamy-garlic-chicken-soup-recipe/

@njacbishop had some too.
  • njacbishop
    njacbishop Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It was amazing!!! Loved it
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Striploin steak, Brussel sprouts fried in bacon and heavy cream, mushrooms and onions with balsamic vinegar and cream cheese