Post your Keto dinner pics!

Replies

• EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Careful - looks like you're about to spill your drink! :D

Just a funky camera angle
  • My4happykids
    My4happykids Posts: 124 Member
    Dinner was BLT, and chicken salad on a bed of kale. The BLT was surprisingly easy to eat. emxm6oxaq4qc.jpg
  • mjtaylor87
    mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
    Taco skillet and Parmesan zoodles

qz2n007r0lh5.jpg
    5ai3ng7cv3y5.jpg
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    EllaLeahB wrote: »
    On day 1 here's what I had. Chicken leg, Cauliflower rice w/turmeric and chicken broth and zucchini noodles with Parmesanu5cq9u8y1r7z.jpg

You are off to a great start, that is a wonderful meal for day 1. You will do great if you can keep this up.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    That looks scrummy @EllaLeahB - I must admit though - I would probably have eaten two drumsticks - and the thighs too!!
    I often make spiralised courgettes too! Love 'em! Nice dinner!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Two nights ago: My husband's favorite vegetables, Greek Salad (1/3 Feta). Not Keto but LC.
    41 hr fast after that, til this afternoon.
    e09yl4j3h58r.jpg

This is my fave kind of summer salad! Also, is that an Early American Pyrex bowl? I have a brown one (it was my grandma's) and it's my main salad bowl!

Yep on the Pyrex @bjwoodzy, lol, but it's the Canadian (?) version 'Autumn Harvest'. I have the whole 4 pc. multi-tone set (wedding present - I'm that old hahaha). The other day I saw a partial set of 3 at a vintage & antique shop for $65!! I'm a fan of vintage Tupperware too as you can see from my hubby's water cup for his lunchkit.
  • EryOaker
    Bumping
  • mrslmartin1001
    mrslmartin1001 Posts: 23 Member
    kmca1803 wrote: »
    I'm learning how to prepare my own sashimi as I love it so much. My agedashi tofu in dashi broth is also pretty good!

h3ahnpz70zlj.jpg

Recipe please? I am a sushi addict and would love to try this!!! Thanks!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    Grilled skirt steak, roasted Brussel sprouts with red onion and bacon, and a cauliflower "tater" salad. 6oeie8jr33ab.jpg

Did you make the cauliflower "tater" salad the same as you would make traditional potato salad? Can you share your recipe?
  • EryOaker
    CRZYFTM wrote: »
    Grilled skirt steak, roasted Brussel sprouts with red onion and bacon, and a cauliflower "tater" salad. 6oeie8jr33ab.jpg

Did you make the cauliflower "tater" salad the same as you would make traditional potato salad? Can you share your recipe?

To be honest... tater salad is a "wing-it" recipe. I first steam and chill a chopped up head of cauliflower. Then add chopped up red onion, celery, boiled eggs, and dill pickles. I mix it all together with some real mayo, and add salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and then paprika. I don't have exact amounts because I taste as I season, and season to taste. If you find a recipe online, just sub a head of cauliflower for the Taters. Oh and topping it with green onions, bacon, sour cream, and cheese is amazing.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    I tried something new today - I made a steak tartare. I've never had it before but I saw them make it on a cooking show and it looked pretty good.

7d8c16cnina2.jpg

It's sort of akin to a tuna salad or a chicken salad, but with lean, raw beef. I used a lean beef tenderloin, diced it up to 1/4" pieces, and mixed with some olive oil mayo, onion, diced olives, and seasoning.

It was actually really filing. Not bad either, just needed a pinch more salt and spice.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Steph_Maks, that looks AWESOME, will have to try doing one of those.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited September 2017
    kmca1803 wrote: »
    I'm learning how to prepare my own sashimi as I love it so much. My agedashi tofu in dashi broth is also pretty good!

Recipe please? I am a sushi addict and would love to try this!!! Thanks!

All you really need to do is to make sure your fish is fresh, even if you purchase fillets.
    I freeze my fish, for 24 hours (this absolutely eliminates any possible little nasties, which with fresh, commercially-available fish, is highly unlikely anyway) and then I thaw it, but while it's still semi-frozen, I slice it really thinly, lay it on a spotlessly-clean dishcloth (Teatowel) and leave until fully thawed. Arrange artfully on a dish. You can use salmon, Tuna, mackerel and any good firm white fish.
    The dipping sauce: I use Japanese rice wine, a little Mirin, Kikkoman soy sauce, a drop of tabasco and lemon juice. I add salt to taste. The carb content, for a dipping sauce is, in my opinion, totally negligible for it to matter.
    (Adjust these ingredients to taste, but obviously, the soy sauce is major....)

For the Dashi/stock, I use Kombu seaweed and Bonito flakes - all available online or from a good Oriental grocer/supplier.
    I make my own Miso paste, but you can also buy this commercially, and it's an indispensable seasoning/paste for anywhere requiring that glorious Umami flavour.
    A few sliced spring onions (Scallions to our USA buddies) and carefully quartered silk Tofu, makes for a stunningly good soup.