Post your Keto dinner pics!

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited May 2018
    @PaulChasinDreams Liberte yogourt!!! Vive le yaourt! And Island Farms....You must be a BC'er too.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @PaulChasinDreams Liberte yogourt!!! Vive le yaourt! And Island Farms....You must be a BC'er too.

Lol yes I am :)
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Raspberry/Blueberry/Blackberry jam. With lemon juice, tiny bit of stevia and unflavored gelatin. 1 tablespoon has 8 calories, 1.28 grams net carbs, .32 gram protein, .05 gram fat
    Sugar Free Berry Jam

yna78uhe5yq4.jpg

cej4aj8fbnrg.jpg

4dxz3gnv5i13.jpg

5wl5vapl30ym.jpg

781795sr4nr6.jpg

836g3hncf1f6.jpg

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Okay, @PaulChasinDreams, I see you are within 5 hours drive time, I'll be at your place tonight for dinner. I will bring the sake, lol.
    Sorry.... *internet keto creeper* >:)
  • PaulChasinDreams
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Okay, @PaulChasinDreams, I see you are within 5 hours drive time, I'll be at your place tonight for dinner. I will bring the sake, lol.
    Sorry.... *internet keto creeper* >:)
    :D:D

• PaulChasinDreams
    My spin on Korean Bulgogi pork chop. I wanted it a bit spicier than the typical bulgogi so I added a couple extra ingredients to the marinade. For the marinade: light soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, kimchi, sweet paprika, onion, ginger, garlic, stevia. A brown substitute would be even better but I didn't have any when I made this.
    The pork chop was marinated overnight then reverse seared by first grilling on the outside then putting in the oven to finish on lower temp with internal temp thermometer to keep it very moist on the inside.

For sides I made a Bulgogi dipping sauce, grilled Shiitake mushrooms and egg/potato salad. The amount of net carbs for the egg/potato salad was 36 grams. And it made a bit more than two portions worth. So my side dish of egg/potato salad had 22 grams of net carbs. There is also a small portion of reduction of net carbs due to the resistant starch that develops in the potatoes when they are cooled. I don't account for that in my macro tracking but just think of it as a little bonus when consuming some resistant starch. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/resistant-starch-101#section3

Egg/Potato salad ingredients
    potato 7 oz 204 cal 36 carbs 4 protein
    bacon 1oz cooked 146 cal 14 fat 4 protein
    mayo 6 tbsp 540 calories 60 grams fat
    celery 1 tbsp n/a
    pickle 1 oz 3 cal 1 gram carb
    white onion 2 tbsp 8 cal 2 gram carb
    honey pale ale mustard 1 tbsp 15 cal 3 carbs
    6 boiled eggs 456 cal 31 gram fat, 41 protein, 2 carbs
    Cilantro and paprika for garnish

Potato/Egg salad Total weight: 23.15 oz or 655 grams
    Potato/Egg salad Total macro nutrients:
    1372 cal, 105 gram fat, 49 gram protein, 44 grams of carbs
    Potato/Egg salad Macro Nutrients per one ounce serving size:
    60 cal, 4.5 gram fat, 2.1 gram protein, 1.9 gram carbs

oncc387qehzg.jpg

xzep7e44fb3r.jpg

8c0s725ycfpd.jpg

hvmwx1yui50i.jpg

9ac4pmc9orff.jpg

jzqyzknibxwq.jpg

8euni0b475he.jpg

• PaulChasinDreams
    My take on a "nutella like" fat bomb. Super tasty and very satisfying. When I calculate my macro's after my meal and if I'm a bit low on fat intake I either eat some of this out of a container I keep in the fridge or if I feel like a frozen one instead I grab one out of the freezer. They are very good either way. A bit pricey to buy all the good high fat nuts to firs make it but it makes a lot and I break it all up into one ounce serving size to make it easy to track the macro's. Also great on some toasted low carb bread.

Homemade Nutella like fat bombs
    Ingredients: 1/2 cup of each: walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts, 1 cup macadamia nuts, 3 tbsp mct oil, 3 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp vanilla extract, 2 packets stevia, 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder.

Blend all ingredients in blender on high power till made smooth creamy consistency.

Made 1.5 cups (375 ml) total. Which equals 25 tablespoons

Total macro nutrients for 1.5 cups: 2874 calories, 20 grams net carbs, 36 grams protein, 304 grams fat.

Macro Nutrients per tablespoon: 115 calories, .8 gram net carb, 1.4 gram protein, 12 grams fat

6f68iy0mklub.jpg

ati4qfq7voyt.jpg

• rkmeyer41
    rkmeyer41 Posts: 58 Member
    nbxs7h1tcyjl.jpg
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    @PaulChasinDreams all your food looks amazing. Especially the sushi. I tend not to eat it at all now. When I make it it sure doesn't look as pretty as yours lol
  • PaulChasinDreams
    @PaulChasinDreams all your food looks amazing. Especially the sushi. I tend not to eat it at all now. When I make it it sure doesn't look as pretty as yours lol

Thank you ironmaidenchick :) I enjoy sharing the food pictures of the dishes I make. Glad you like them. Cooking is really enjoyable for me. I'm addicted to sushi/sashimi and seafood in general. But ya I hear ya. It's risky ordering it from restaurants cause of the amount of rice, and/or sugars they add to some of the dishes they make. That's why I just only make it at home now and don't eat it at restaurants. That way I know exactly what I'm eating. I get lot's of ideas for new dishes to try to make from youtube and then just put my own spins on them for flavors I like. The sushi can be tricky but get's a lot easier and faster the more often you make it. I find getting all my ingredient portions ready ahead of time really helps make things go smoother.
  • RockinBaker5210
    RockinBaker5210 Posts: 27 Member
    I made chicken broccoli Alfredo tonight without the pasta. I cooked the chicken ( 3 breasts) on the skillet and steamed the broccoli (1/2 head). The sauce for a full recipe was
    3 tbsp butter
    3/4 cup heavy cream
    3/4 cup Parmesan

I melted the butter over low-medium heat, stirred in the cream and waited for it to bubble, then stirred in the Parmesan until it was mixed in well.

This made enough for me to have a meal and my husband to have 2-3 with pasta added for him.

Sorry for the bad pic. I had already eaten half before I remembered to take one! Haha

• SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    sngjkw04vxp1.jpeg
    Filet mignon over fresh garden greens, with sugar snap peas and butter!
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Looks delicious!
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Beef short rib, grilled zucchini, cauliflower hash brown with a salad with cheese, avocado and a few olives
  • Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2018
    Smoked cheddar sausage slices,
    Dill pickles, mozzarella cheese, garlic butter, roasted chicken (breast and thigh), cucumber salad with sour cream. Mmm. :)

*edit: I apparently don’t know how to post a picture normally, sorry!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    wrote:

OMGoodness...everyones food looks delish...but there is something special about yours! Makes me want to drive up to BC and find a spot beside canadjineh ....I'll bring the appetite!

• PaulChasinDreams
    wrote:

OMGoodness...everyones food looks delish...but there is something special about yours! Makes me want to drive up to BC and find a spot beside canadjineh ....I'll bring the appetite!

Lol well thank you very much :smile: