Post your Keto dinner pics!

Options

Replies

• stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @MisstrissPi - By the way yesterday was Pi day (3-14). I bought the cheapest air fryer at Walmart. (around $35) I think it was 3.5 quarts and it is big. I store it in a broom closet because it takes up a lot of counter space. However, for me it is worth the space and effort because it does two things really good for me.

1. Crispy chicken skin. You have to be patient and you have to turn your chicken at least once. It takes me 40 minutes with wings and I turn them twice. I could probably do them in less time but I like really crispy skin. I also dry the chicken off and season it well before I air fry. It works for any skin on chicken. Thighs are great. Breasts are ok but like always with breasts you have to worry about them drying out.

2. Bacon! I air fry my bacon about once a week. I usually do two pounds when I do my bacon prep. I can only do 1 pound per batch. Again I turn it once per batch to get it even on both sides. What I really love about doing it this way is the bacon grease. It falls to the bottom of the 3.5 quart glass bowl and remains in a liquid state that I can pour directly in a jar. I swear I use the bacon grease almost more than the bacon. Bacon grease and bacon a true twofer.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    MistressPi wrote: »
    nill4me wrote: »
    Keto Connect cashew chicken.

Oh, that looks totally yum!

It was!!!
  • nill4me
    Options
    pycje73xr94b.jpg

I <3 crispy skin chicken wings. An air fryer crisps up chicken skin like Arizona roadkill. (Graphic Picture) but you Get what I mean. The cool dipping sauce is high fat keto friendly and the veggies can be adjusted to fit your carb macros.

I keep seeing people posting about their air fryers. I never deep fry stuff because it uses a lot of oil, and it's messy, and then I guess you can re-use the oil in some cases, but eventually you have to dispose of it. And the fryer is such a kitchen speciality item, I think it would be sitting around a lot, which means it would be stored in the basement, and I would forget about it, and then it would be just taking up a lot of space.

But if you cook for multiple people on a regular basis, then I guess a fryer might get more action and it would be worth it, particularly if your people love fried things.

Anyway, what brand air fryer do you have. Do you use it a lot? I've got a Ronco countertop rotisserie oven which I heart so much. Chicken is what it does best, but you can cook all kinds of stuff with it. But I'm flirting with the idea of a fryer of some kind.

I ❤️ My rotisserie too! I have a Phillips air fryer I also ❤️. I used it tons when I first got it. Kind of fell of the wagon when that handsome man I married got me an immersion cooker (sous vide cooking). That’s the gadget of the moment. We did however, just make a turkey breast roast in the airfryer this Sunday past and it was amazing. Rubbed with herbs and air fried for like 50 mins on 350. Steak is awesome in there too. It’s my fave way to cook it.
  • nill4me
    Options
    Pork belly. Nom to the nomth degree.
  • 37lbs_to_go
    37lbs_to_go Posts: 61 Member
    Options
  • nill4me
    Options
    Chicken bacon ranch bake. Modified version of this one here.

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/chicken-bacon-ranch-casserole-recipe-easy-low-carb/

Yum!
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options

You did that in your air fryer?????? yum
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I swear the next time I hear "I just don't know if I'd be comfortable restricting vegetables...."

6ptunw3k2zqe.jpg
  • aluhsin
    aluhsin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    dwwz4z6kqd7m.jpeg

Scrambled eggs with shredded cheese and a cut up hot dog :) I keep it simple lol
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with shredded cheese and a cut up hot dog :) I keep it simple lol
    Comfort food!! :)
  • nill4me
    Options

You did that in your air fryer?????? yum

I cooked it sous vide for 14 hours first, then crisped it up in my airfryer....yep!
  • MissMorts
    MissMorts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Simple. Tasty.
    teux0vdcmny3.jpeg
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Portabella buns
    4 oz ground turkey (seasoned with pink salt, black pepper, stubbs bbq spice rub)
    1 strip thick cut bacon
    1 fried egg
    Sauce (sugar free ketchup, yellow mustard, sriracha)

stgo1bbh8o9l.jpg
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @MissMorts what's underneath? Fish, chicken/turkey breast?
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of using the portobellas as a bun. Looks yummo.
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    JustDeke wrote: »
    Salmon, shrimp and asparagus, all grilled on my smoker. Nom-nom-nom!
    xks9r4xh5d7y.jpeg

We just got a smoker. Super excited to try it out!
  • nill4me
    Options
    MEATloaf. 2lb grass fed beef. 1lb pork. 1lb grass fed lamb. Chopped cooked bacon. Scallions. 1bbq topped, 1ketchup/mustard topped. 2 Yums up.