APRIL 2017 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

darkrider42
darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the April 2017 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

We welcome all newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your *kitten* starting Saturday, April 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (or kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any previous month's miles here. We will continue updating the previous month's spreadsheet using the old thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of the new and current month. Please add only your current month's goals/miles to this thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: )

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to either www.lilyslim.com or www.tickerfactory.com and create a Fitness ticker. Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Dave

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    In for my usual 60...but expecting to blow it away this month or I'm going to be really disappointed. :smiley:

Dave
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Thanks for keeping this thread going for us! I am going to try to exceed 100 miles of walking this month.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    I am excited to see April starting soon, Thanks Dave!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited March 2017
    As I managed 136 in March I shall try for 150 in April. I have a feeling I shall regret this!!

ETA - @Dave and @Janet - you're total stars ✨ ⭐️ ✨
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    I'm in for forty.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,795 Member
    Please put me down for 600 miles
    Good luck to everyone... :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,831 Member
    Can you please put 200 miles for me, thus time. Btw, Dave, I love your new profile picture!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    I'm in for 150 this month.

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,259 Member
    I'm in for 150 this month.

Chris
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited April 2017
    Great pic Dave! Congrats to all our newbies. You are officially veternans now. Here is to warmer dryer days. In some ways I am glad I am out of my race. It was horrible training these past months due to such wet weather. In the mean time, my $.25 a mile bike challenge has been racking up some serious money. Closing in on $150.00.

Thank you so much Dave and Janet for keeping us going!
    Putting in for 200 again this month. I hope to get some running in and test the heel.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Please put me down for 150 miles for April.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    I'm in for 250 again.
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    I'm gonna start increasing my miles each month......slowly. So, instead of 60 miles this month, put me down for 62.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,193 Member
    I'm in for 250 again. Lost a vet again so I'm back up to 118 hours a week working. Not sure where I'm going to get the time to ride outdoors.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Going for 150 again

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    I am in for 80 great weather today so started well with 5 miles so far
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Put me down for 80 please this month. Still struggling with a bad back and arthrities in knees. I may put the mileage up when things improve.

Thank you once again to everyone who keeps this going. You ard all very much appreciated.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,795 Member
    4/01
    31.14 miles
    31.14 miles MTD
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Hi, put me down for 75 miles walking and bike
    Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.