Options

Replies

• hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    Binge: 6
    BW: 29-12

@moxie42 Thanks but look at you guys. You folks seem to have a handle on our battle right now as well. All the regulars here WOW!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 11
    Binge: 1
    DBF: 10
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    April 13

Me: 13
    Binge: 0

DBF: 19
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 6
    Binge: 7
    BW: 29-13

No Comment
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Me: 13
    DBF: 46

So, this is pretty personal, but hey, I tend to put it all out there when it is relevant to my binging journey.

After 4 hrs of sleep, I spent 17.5 hrs on the road w my roommate yesterday (drive should have been 14 w breaks included... So.much.traffic...) And, today, I am facing a breakup that has been a heavy part of my stress and anxiety in the last 2.5 weeks. I'm looking at that "46 days binge-free" (SIX and a half weeks!!) and I am realizing how significant it truly is...How far I've come in finding other ways to cope when every single day, I want to crumble into this (circumstantial and temporary) sadness. To be in the midst of such a *kitten* time and to still see the silverlining, I am grateful..And still pushing.

Also, @hillmike56 - what does the "BW: 29-13" mean? You do that differently and I haven't figured it out!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @mae918 - Congrats on finding new coping methods. Condolences and good luck on the breakup you've been dreading/anticipating... I maintain that no matter the struggle, we're always stronger together as a group.

@hillmike56 I think the 29 days is total days running, 13 is thirteen days this month? Maybe?
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 12
    DBF: 11

@mae918 - So sorry to hear about your breakup and the tough time you're going through. But thank you for sharing. It's a great reminder that no matter how crappy things might feel, that there IS a silver lining and that things can and will look up again. And congrats on over 6 weeks binge-free! THAT is absolutely incredible!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    April 14

Me: 14

DBF: 20

@mae918 - I am sorry to hear of your difficulties. 46 days binge free! That shows a lot of strength. Allow the knowledge of your strength carry you through your break up.
  • mae918
    Options
    DBF: 47

Made it through another day and this one was not just avoiding the binge, but actually making healthy, balanced choices. Apparently, mfp autocorrects my mild swear into "kitten". Ha! I didn't know that was a thing...

Thank you @KnitOrMiss , @Moxie42 and @branbuds for taking the time for kind words. I definitely have found strength in me recently that I didn't know I quite had...And, I maintain that I absolutely adore this group. Thank you.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    @mae918, I'm sorry that you're going through so much...but inspired that you've kept the binge at bay. Although I often think of food as comfort and bingeing as a stress reliever, the truth is that the aftermath of a binge causes yet more stress. I know that well, and yet so often when feeling an urge to binge, I put my hands over my ears and refuse to listen to the wisdom of past experience. You're showing great strength during a tough time.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    April 14

The B: 0
    DBF: 14+
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    April 15

Me: 14*

DBF: 3
  • mae918
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Me: 15
    DBF: 48

Thank you @Nevadaden . I'm entirely exhausted through it all so I have to figure that part out, still. Somehow it has clicked for me this time that I know the relief of binging will definitely be followed by physical discomfort, disappointment, frustration, anger, sadness... I think I just can't bare to add any more of that to my days when I know the relief piece will be so minor in comparison. So here I am, defeating the binge somehow!
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 7
    Binge: 9
    BW: 30-15

@mae918 Sorry for the emotional pressure of a breakup. Even us folks married can understand that stress to our disorder. A negative time for a spouse can pull down the other.

@KnitOrMiss I'm just trying to keep a longer tally than the month. For some reason I have the 100 day number in my head. I don't want to keep hitting the reset button everytime I fail. Although as I've hit a rough patch as of late I thought about it.
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 16
    DBF: 49

Thank you @hillmike56. This is new territory for me. I have never gone through such a rough patch without depending on food. Also, I really like your idea of not hitting reset everytime. It aligns well with what I'm always preaching about forgiving ourselves the day after a binge. Keep going!
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 8
    Binge: 9
    BW: 31-15
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    April 16

Me: 16
    The B: 0