The B: 0
    DBF: 17+
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Me: 14
    Binge: 3
    DBF: 0

I spoke too soon yesterday...before the vodka sodas at happy hour...
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    April 18

Me: 15

DBF: 1

Sigh. Easter happened. I planned what I would eat and when. Each day got worse and worse over the weekend. Yesterday I binged so much that my stomach hurt. I actually wondered if my stomach could burst. Terrible day. I am back on plan today. I have to figure out what went wrong and how to prevent it next time. I have the feeling that I would be wise to put chocolate on my "never" list.
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 18
    Binge: 0
    DBF: 51
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Me: 9
    Binge: 10
    BW: 32-16

@mae918 Awesome!

@branbuds know that BINGE well.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    April 18

Me: 17
    The B: 1
    DBF: 0

As binges go, I've had far worse than last night's, but I'm still disappointed. I had what was for me a good streak going....and then, my downfall -- I had the house to myself. Ah, well. As @hillmike56 would say -- it's a war! And so far this month, there are more wins in my column than in the B's.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    branbuds wrote: »
    April 18

Sigh. Easter happened. I planned what I would eat and when. Each day got worse and worse over the weekend. Yesterday I binged so much that my stomach hurt. I actually wondered if my stomach could burst. Terrible day. I am back on plan today. I have to figure out what went wrong and how to prevent it next time. I have the feeling that I would be wise to put chocolate on my "never" list.

@branbuds - try pushing it up the dark side of the scale until you get to tolerable and not "MUST IMMEDIATELY HAVE MORE." Also, look into higher magnesium foods... Those desires may also be indicative of magnesium deficiency - with which 90% of first world populations suffer, due to soil depletion, pesticides, GMO's, and so many more things. (more message in PM, to avoid trigger risks here)
  • Moxie42
    Options

@branbuds - I know the feeling- that was me on Friday :( Glad to see you're still here though! It can be hard to get back on track, especially after a big binge, but the attitude of "let's figure out what went wrong so it can prevented" is awesome!

@Nevadaden - that's my downfall too! Sometimes it helps me to buy/make something special to eat those days- something that lets me splurge a little without going overboard (like making a Hungry Girl recipe, or buying a mini dessert from the store). If I don't plan, or tell myself "I'll be perfectly fine just eating a small salad," I end up in trouble. Not saying that's the way to go for everyone but personally I find it helps :)
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    April 19

Me: 16

DBF: 2

Thank you to everyone for just being here. It helps so much to know that I am not the only one with these feelings and behaviours! And knowing that I will post here every evening is a motivation to stay on track.
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 10
    Binge: 10
    BW: 33-16
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 16
    DBF: 2

Thinking about quitting drinking for a while.
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 20
    DBF: 53

Thinking of you @branbuds and @Nevadaden
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    April 20

Me: 19*
    Binge: 1

DBF: 8
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 17
    DBF: 3
    DABF: 1

Adding DABF (Days alcohol-binge free) to my tallies, and considering more than 2 drinks a binge only because that's the limit I'm giving myself. Hoping keeping myself accountable will help.
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 10
    Binge: 11
    BW: 33-17

@moxie42 So I have the same rule {2 drink maxium}. And yes fully understand the issue with alcohol and how it weakens me to the BINGE. But I cannot give up food and cannot give up a great craft beer. Both are a necessity to a healthy life for me if held to the rules. I like your new tally best of luck.
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 21
    DBF: 54
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Thanks @hillmike56 - I am really really hoping this works for me and that I can happily limit myself. I know I don't have a healthy relationship with alcohol so this is kinda a test to see if I can get things under control. Right now it's actually easier for me to go without entirely than to stop at 1 or 2 or 4... :/

@mae918 - just wanted to say it's freakin AWESOME that you've got such an great streak going on! I know you're going through a lot right now but I hope it feels good to know that you're not letting it get in your way :) That's a huge breakthrough!
  • hillmike56
    Options
    Me: 11
    Binge: 11
    BW: 34-17

An optimistic pre-day victory entry to help power a challenging day ahead.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    April 21

Den: 19
    The B: 2
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 18
    DBF: 4