Like Minded Lushes - April 2017

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Ash, Chef's Table is a Netflix documentary, they have a "France" addition now. I love the concept of interviewing chef's and finding how their cuisine evolved! I also do love competition based cooking...Top Chef is my FAV!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Better Call Saul starts up again on Monday. If you were a Breaking Bad fan...I highly recommend it.

Shopping for cars really sucks. I ended up with a BMW X1...I was ready to downsize after driving a 4 Runner. It's got all the bells and whistles which I haven't a clue about. Having a car payment sucks but we may pay it off in the next few months after things settle down.

MIL's procedure went fine. Basically the Dr confirmed what we already knew...the size of the tumor, etc (size of a walnut). Surgery to be scheduled...looks like 1st availability is early May. It's a fairly easy surgery which is great since she's 92. No cutting. 1 night over in the hospital is all hopefully...unless once he goes in there he finds more of a mess.

The wine is already poured. Long day. :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Top Chef is one of my favs too!

We are in the second season of Breaking Bad and just met Saul a couple episodes ago. We'll have to check that one out too.

Glad the dr appointment went well Syd.

I drank last night again. Eric called me at 4:15 leaving downtown (I work about a mile from downtown) and wanted to meet for drinks. So we did and ended up just having small plates at the bar and 2 glasses of wine. Naturally I opened a bottle when we got home and had 2 more glasses. At least I'm consistent.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Did well moderating this week with a zero M, 2 beers T, 0 Wed, 2 beers Th, and a 0 tonight. Unfortunately my eating increased to make up for the lack of booze calories.

Wind storm predicted for today, the lights are already flickering. Have a great weekend all!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Lushy weekend. Friday we went down to the neighbors' for a bonfire. Not sure what time we went to sleep, but I had 500 steps on my FitBit when I got up Saturday. :o Saturday I had a couple drinks at a festival, then took a break while getting ready for dinner. We had a private room at a fancy restaurant for a friend's 40th birthday party, complete with our own very attentive server. She just kept bringing me glasses of wine. Our bill was over $200 for 2 of us! Then we went to a bar and didn't get home till after midnight. Yesterday I had mimosas at a baby shower, finished off the jug at home while cleaning my car, and then had a beer but quit drinking because I was just tired.

Tonight will be a 0
    Tuesday we're going to a baseball games, so will have a couple beers
    Not sure about Wednesday
    Thursday a friend is coming in from St. Louis so we'll be drinking
    Friday parents come in town
    Saturday is a birthday party
    Sunday is Easter.

So basically I may get one zero. I would like to try to regulate a little better. I drank pretty excessively last week..... Have a great week!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Not a good weekend. Doug is in so much pain it makes him awful to be around. I love him but I don't like being around him right now. I finally broke down because of all the stress around me. I made Washington red apples to make me feel spoiled and I drank way to much. They sure were good though. I am still really watching the eating though so I am not gaining but the losing slowed down. Have a great week lushes.

I am a tv food comp junkie. Top Chef is still the best but I love Hell's Kitchen and Master chef too.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Robin, tell Doug to consider a cortisone shot. It might make both your lives more bearable. When is surgery?
    Pretty quiet weekend which was much needed. Exercised and ate pretty well. Drank moderately.
    Going to try to drop these 2 pounds I've gained before going on a much needed bday getaway in 2 weeks.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Weekend was great!!! Played hooky form work cause I went to bed WAY to late Thursday and was super hungover!!!
    Monday-Wednesday: 0
    Thursday-white wine and bourbon----don't ask how much
    Friday-like 11ish
    Saturday-we walked to get our hair cut, went to grab a beer and some lunch, then went to get a shot at the bar next door and ended up staying out until 830pm....we left the house at 915am....holy moly, but we had a lot of fun!!! Who know's how many drinks.
    Sunday-caught up with my family, did some chores and relaxed!!! 5 drinks

I am really feeling like I could have a drink tonight but probably shouldn't.....stay tuned??!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - a cider and 3 cocktails.
    Eric's Mondays are always super stressful so he always want a beer so I partook too. Then our neighbors came down to see our new landscape lighting. I was in bed by 11. So not too bad. So much for a 0 this week.....
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Drinks Thu, Fri & Sat. Zeroes Sun & Mon. Goal for this week is to keep zeroes through to Friday and do my 30 min of yoga each morning... 2 down, 3 to go...

Robin - vodka and pistachios sounds like a nice, balanced dinner to me! Fats, proteins and carbs, nailed. :wink:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Very lushy weekend here....ugh, sports watching just makes me drink!
    Friday afternoon we went downtown for opening day of baseball - we didn't actually go to the game but tailgated and watched it at one of the large venues that celebrate (i.e. offer drinks) every year. 5 beers and 1 margarita

Saturday we took a 10 mile walk to atone for our alcohol consumption! Only had one drink on Saturday, so that was good
    But then Sunday was the last hockey game at Joe Louis Arena and the 1st year my Wings are not in the playoffs in 25 years...great game and nice tribute to a great arena...4 Rum & bacardi and stayed up WAY too late for a work night!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-going for another.

We have a short week, we are both off for Good Friday. I would like to get 0's through until Friday, BUT being off not sure we will be able to resist on Thursday!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Doug's surgery is May 4th. He can't even get into the doctor to see him until April 18th. In the meantime life goes on. No zero yesterday. That is all I am going to say. I hope that tonight will bring one on. Happy Wednesday all.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Poor Doug!!! That's terrible!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-2 margaritas and I slept like p00 and I am exhausted today!
    Wednesday-0
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Robin- has Doug tried MJ? There are strains that deal with pain!

Sun- 1
    Mon- 3
    Tue- 3
    Wed- going for a zero! (no booze in the house helps) ;)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    ryzeman wrote: »
    Robin- has Doug tried MJ? There are strains that deal with pain!

Indeed...one 10mg gummy and a glass of wine does it for me. ;)

I exercised and logged all my food for the day already...it includes wine. I'm down a pound.

• gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Hope everyone is having a good week. I overdid it last week so it's been a very tame week so far. We did go for a long hike on the weekend, but exercise has been nil since then as we're at the cabin. Pretty impressed I'm not boozing it up this week while here though (week 2.) Who knew I had such willpower?

Monday = 0
    Tues - 1 Vodka / Tonic (low cal, right?)
    Wed - planning on another 0
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-2
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-not sure. I can totally see having something, especially since we are going to walk the beach and stay for sunset......margarita or two maybe?

Off tomorrow, which will be deep cleaning the kitchen. Saturday, mass amounts of cooking. My in laws are coming next weekend so I want to have food in the freezer so I don't have to cook after work.
    Sunday, gonna spend the morning at the beach and not sure what else!!!!

Have a great Easter!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    What a week! I have been so busy at work: worked half my off day from home and 11 hours yesterday. So I'm leaving as soon as I check in on MFP and do my time sheet!

I have had something to drink each night - 3 to 4 drinks. But last night my friend was in from STL so I drank most of a bottle of rose' and then made the mistake of taking a bottle of red to the fire pit and drank most of that too. Oops.

My parents will be in town this afternoon so more wine will be had. Maybe next week I'll get some 0's. It's hard this time of year in Louisville. Derby is only three weeks away! I was at Churchill Downs for a meeting yesterday and it is all a bustle. So exciting! Have a great weekend and Easter!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Gary, although it is legal in our state Doug works for Boeing so no can do. I am glad it is the weekend and i over did it last night so no more hard stuff for a while.