Like Minded Lushes - April 2017

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You guys are all very sweet. I really enjoy escaping here to read all about what everyone is up to. If I don't reply to you specifically, it's not because I'm not interested. The wifi in the hospital is horrific so I don't have much time to get on here. But thank you all for your well wishes..they mean a lot to me. <3

Robin..keeping you and Doug in my thoughts for a quick and pain free recovery. He will feel better eventually but that's a rough one.
    *fingers crossed* my MIL might be released to skilled nursing tomorrow. The kidney are showing signs of kicking in :)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed Syd. Last day of work before vacay. Stressed about all that needs to be done tomorrow before I leave Sunday morning. I am sure I will consume while conquering.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    That's good news Sydney! Fingers crossed

Robin - I hope Doug heals quickly and painlessly!

Cinco de Mayo dinner tonight - alcohol for sure!
    Thursday - 1 beer
    Friday ??
    Saturday - wedding shower - ugh! My co-worker and I keep saying we need to institute drive-thru showers - you hand over the gift, they hand you a plate of food and you get on with your life! ;):# better than the 3+ hours of my life I'm about to lose... At least it's over before the Derby!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of showers either!!!!!!

Robin-I wish Doug a quick recovery and have a blast on vacay!!!

Syd-Holy moly amazing news! Keep us posted!!!!!

Monday-4
    Tuesday-1
    Wednesday-1
    Thursday-1 1/2 beers and 2 Manhattans
    Friday-MARGARITAS!!!!!!
    Tomorrow-cooking/cleaning. Sunday-My brother gets in around 2...SO EXCITED!
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well my sexy man mentioned a few days ago how he was not going to be drinking for the next month. He is dealing with a significant amount of BS at work and found himself coming home and having a few drinks to deal with it. That's not what he wants to do with life, so he decided to nip it in the bud and say no booze for one month. I have been feeling really good with not drinking, doing my morning yoga, and sticking to the C25K plan so I suggested we both abstain until we go to Tough Mudder in June. We will have celebratory drinks when we finish the race - starting with the beer we get as part of the event when we cross the finish line. We are six weeks out from the race, event day is June 17. I feel that it will be easy to stick to the no booze goal with both of us doing it together.

So goals for the next six weeks:

- continue to do my 5am half hour yoga practice (weekdays)
    - longer vinyasa yoga practices on non-run days (Tue/Thu)
    - continue to do C25K on Mon/Wed/Fri and finish with WK9 DAY3 of C25K on Wed Jun 7
    - run timed 5Ks on Sat Jun 10 & Mon Jun 12
    - Wed Jun 14 leave for Whistler
    - Sat Jun 17 - EVENT DAY

Nailed WK5 DAY1 on Saturday! Day 2 today...
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Meg you got a great plan in place...good luck! Sounds like you got this.

I'm trying to find some sort of routine again. MIL is in skilled nursing which is a WHOLE lot better than the hospital but we have a long way to go. To be back in her community but not in her independent apartment has made her depressed. I think she fears she'll never get back to that life again, and she may be right. Immediate goals are to get her up and moving again, get her catheter out and then we'll see if anything can or should be done about the cancer. The pathology looks not good so the treatment plan may be to do nothing as we just concentrate on quality of life for her remaining time.

I'm down 5 pounds. All stress and not done in a healthy way. We finally managed to celebrate cinco de May yesterday. I had 2 margaritas and basically came home and crashed. Not drinking a lot, I've just been too tired.
    Wine tonight probably.
    Have a good week lushes!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I had a fun week last week. Well for the most part.... I had a great Ashley day Thursday. Dropped the kids off, got coffee, went to a yoga class, got my nails done, shopped for a Derby dress, got food and booze for party, had sushi and wine for lunch, did some cleaning and finished off with a little more wine. Friday was supposed to be a nice relaxing day with Eric and me and no kids, but we ended up shopping for a fridge because ours kicked the bucket. No one could deliver same day, so we had to get Eric's work truck, rent a dolley and get the giant things off the truck and up our deck steps with the help of our 19 year old neighbor. In order to get it in our tiny back door, we had to disassemble the doors and drawer, as well as the old to get it out. We left the house at 4:15 to take the truck and dolley back, picked the kids up and had an early dinner out. Went to the neighbors pretty late and got home around 1. Saturday was party prep and partied till about 2:30. I earned my lush card. Weather was so so but the party was great. Yesterday we walked across the walking bridge, got pizza and beer, came back and cleaned up a bit more and drank some beers. I'm ready to get back on track this week! Have a great week all!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Sydney, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. I am sending prayers and positive thoughts. Cancer is such a *kitten* & I hate to hear that she and all of your family are going through that.

I haven't checked into this thread for quite some time! Work has been extremely busy & I always mean to read the thread and comment, but get side tracked...such is life.

Haven't been too lushy recently. Hubs & I head to Hawaii in 33 days & I'm trying to get "beach ready". So I'm trying my best to stick to a regular workout routine & eat healthy. I'm doing well for the most part, but weekends are always when I'm at my weakest. I love my wine & beer!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thank you Bridget! <3 Good to see you
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Aloha Everyone!!!
    There will probably not be any zeros for the next 2 weeks.....my brother is in town and drinks happen!!!!
    Have a great week!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    I'll be drinking something tonight. Day has been stressful, sun is out.....
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Am back from the reunion in Arkansas- it was a lot of fun, but very tiring as I did not get to bed until the wee hours of the morning for five days. A bit bitter sweet as the next reunion most of the oldest generation will be gone.

Lots to catch up on I see. Quick healing to those who are suffering and best wishes to those who are care givers.

For me, I will try to get back to my routine I have my work cut out for me but have the advantage of having you all here who share my journey. <3 to all!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - cider on the way to dinner, 2 margaritas at dinner, cider and a seltzer after dinner
    Wed - 3 ciders, 3 seltzers over about 6 hours and decided not to open a beer at 9:45 so that was good
    I'll probably have a couple beers or seltzers tonight. Nothing major.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Missed you, Gary!
    Husband and son treating me to a mother's day weekend staycation in La Jolla. I think the husband feels a little guilty that he's leaving for a week up to Boeing (he's missing you, Robin!) for work so I'll be solo with the MIL. She will be bummed not to see her son for a week. Her memory is bad so I'll have to remind her every day that he's not in town. So yeah...I'm going to enjoy the hotel, beach and spa for 3 days.
    And there will be drinking!! :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Monday - 1 glass red, 1 bucket punch (restaurant drink, kinda like rum punch) not too bad for a bday....
    Tuesday -0
    Wednsday - 0
    Today - would have been a zero but I had a dentist appointment, which by itself isn't too big of a deal. Problem is, ran into my husband's ex-wife....we are NOT fans of each other....ugh....glass of wine in hand! :# Think I need a new dentist!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 5
    Wed - 6
    Thurs - one Stella and I went for a run a couple hours later
    Fri - ?? We're going to Eric's sister's house to tend to their garden and harvest some veggies since they're out of town. We'll grab dinner out somewhere.

The weekend is going to be gorgeous so I plan on being outside as much as possible. I also plan on spending at least a couple hours outside with wine and book for my mother's day treat.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms of real babies and fur babies!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Eeek at ex wife run-in! :o

I waited til noon to order my 1st glass of wine. :drinker:
    Have a good weekend lushes!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I was a total lush this weekend. A friend from CT we hadn't seen in a couple years came in town so we drank, hot tubbed, and talked till after 2am. Saturday I popped some bubbly around 2, we went to an early dinner on the river, stopped for a drink and dessert on the way home, and wrapped up with a fire and a couple bottles of wine with the neighbor. I was sufficiently drunk. Like didn't finish my glass of wine drunk. Yesterday I made a pitcher of mimosas around 1:00, did some yard work, read, and got some sun. Ended the day at in-law's and had some more drinks there but didn't have any more at home mostly because I was too tired. I need some 0's in my life. At least one tonight. We'll see about the rest of the week. :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Was a bit lushy this weekend too...
    Friday - not bad this day - 1/2 a bottle of beer (just 6 little ounces - woo!)
    Saturday - Weather was beautiful, had a bonfire and grilled dinner - 1 bottle red wine :o
    Sunday - 1 tippy cow irish mudslide, 1 bacardi - Celebrated mother's day <3
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Saturday- two :drinker:
    Sunday- zero
    Monday- hope to get a zero. I have to jump start the weight loss somehow!