Like Minded Lushes - April 2017

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
It's April already. Holy Cow!!!! quiet evenings on the deck with wine. Ice cold brews of some kind after working in the yard. This is going to be tough.

So Epic Fail again on the weekend. My motivation is waning. I will kick it in gear today. Doug is in so much pain from his shoulder that he is really grumpy and that is just hard to deal with. We both can't handle this for another month so I hope he can convince the doc to figure out a way to get him in sooner.

Saturday I had vodka and wine
Sunday a bottle of white. and still under cals. no food so to speak of. *sigh.

Monday thru Thursday zero is the goal.

Replies

• Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Epic fail here too. I ate and drank my feelings yesterday. It was not a good day and now I feel like crap from too much wine. Hitting the reset button today.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I actually did pretty well this week! I usually feel sluggish and bloated on Mondays, but do not today. Yay!

Friday I drank most of a bottle of red. Eric had about a glass and a half. He ran his 10 miler Saturday morning and did well. The kids and I went and watched. Also saw the first place finisher. He hit the 8 mile mark at 39:30. Amazing.... I grocery shopped and got a bunch of champagne for a baby shower this weekend and also picked us up a bottle. So we drank that in mimosas. Went to friends' for a play day and dinner and were home before 9 I think. We went to bed shortly after, which was good, because if I would have drank more and stayed up late, I would have felt bad yesterday. Had a relaxing Sunday that did involve drinks and smoking a pork loin and a walk up to get ice cream for the kids. In bed by 10:30 last night too.

Eric is heading to TX this afternoon and won't be back till late tomorrow night. Last night I was considering being bad while he was gone: drinking lots of wine and watching trash TV. But I think I'll s tick to my original plan of eating really well, not drinking, but still watching trash TV. So let's see if I can stay strong the next two nights. Having both kids solo may drive me to drink.... You never know.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy April everyone :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Weekend was pretty fun!
    Friday, we went to the Adam Sandler show. 7
    Saturday, we walked to the aquarium, had lunch and took the bus back. I have not idea how many drinks
    Sunday, we went to the beach. Again no idea how many, but we went to bed early so I don't feel too terrible!
    Monday-0
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Well, I caved and drank a bottle of wine. Sat outside with the kids and enjoyed some cold white. My daughter told me I was being nicer. Maybe that means I should drink more! Not sure about tonight. It's going to be really nice again so I may have a drink or two....
  • Meggers120Now
    Options
    Vodka was had last night. Followed by too much popcorn. Dammit.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Lushed it up over the weekend but managed a zero last night. Hope to tonight as well!

Meg- Vodka and popcorn
    YUM! :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

Lenny and I have decided not to eat out until his parents get here on the 23rd......we are allowing for a happy hour here or there, but our dining out habits have gotten out of control...too much $$$$ being spent!!!
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    No zeros here this week - at the cabin.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday 0 no dreadmill. I am a lazy slug.
  • Meggers120Now
    Options
    Man I am on a terrible streak for the last few days. "Dinner" last night was wine and peanuts. WTH Meg get a grip on yourself. Zeroes for today and tomorrow for sure, at the very least. Get your crap together, girl.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I managed a 0 last night but that made up for the bottle of wine I drank on Monday after my son's car died.
    New car for me most likely, he'll get my old car. In the meantime my MILs procedure is tomorrow morning. We should know more about her cancer after that.
    I'm going to try to get some exercise in. I'm up a couple of pounds :(
  • kblue2007
    Options
    SMOOCHES Sydney! Wishing the best for MIL.

Meg, I bet your cals have been relatively low, though, right??

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
  • Meggers120Now
    Options
    Kate - noooooo because I get tipsy and then I stop caring about food cals, plus the booze cals so... and now I'm bloated as hell because of the booze too which makes the scale go up which makes me feel booooooooooo which makes me want to eat comfort food which makes me... well you get the point.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    YES Meg, I get it....oh boy do I get it!!!!!

I am trying to ignore my "it's Wednesday night, let's get a drink" urges......
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I've pretty much had a bottle of wine plus every night this week. But the good news is I ate very small dinners. Typically I DON'T eat when I drink a lot. I'll tend to skip dinner or just eat snacks for dinner. I lost 1.5 pounds this week, which is one I gained last week, but I feel like I may be making progress. So I want to keep it going! I need a 0 tonight. I'm hangin a little today. We ended up going to our neighbors' till about 11ish and I drank a lot of red wine. Crazy how different I feel drinking red wine vs. white or rose'. It just makes me feel bad....
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm the opposite, white or rose makes me feel worse. I think it's the higher sugar maybe? Plus I tend to sip red wine slower.
    Car shopping today after the cystoscopy. I'm dreading both so I'm sure there will be wine.
  • rjadams
    Options
    So Tuesday was a bottle of white. Last night I borrowed a page from Meg's playbook and dinner was vodka and pistachios. Not a good week for me. I will try to get back on track.

What kind of car are you going to shop for Syd?
    Ashley good on the loss.
    Way to rock the zero's Kate.

Until tomorrow, Lush on.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Thanks Robin!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-I have an open bottle of white in the fridge so I will probably polish that off tonight. Lenny is going to a town hall meeting in Hana so he won't be home until well after 10. Just me and my kittens drinking wine and watching Chef's Table....I am a little excited :wink:

Have a great day!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I've never heard of Chef's Table. I'm going to have to make that my new show. A couple of my friends were talking about how they like Pretty Little Liars. I watched the pilot episode and it just annoyed me.....