Like Minded Lushes - April 2017

Options

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, Robin. There is much suffering that could be lessened with the use of med mj. :(
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So here is a question: I am seriously trying to get back on track. Motivated by a friend who stuck to a plan and lost 23 pounds in just a few months. So, when you are not drinking alcohol in the evening - no glass or wine, or whatever - what do you drink? I don't drink soda or juices, so... that's my struggle. I like hot tea, but not at 5 oclock! Love to hear your ideas of a non-alcoholic replacement for happy hour.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Gwen, I consume copious amounts of water with lots of ice when I am trying to sip water and not vodka. I usually have to get up to pee in the middle of the night but so be it.

Henry's Hard Grape soda was my friend this weekend. no vodka. 3 more weeks until I escape to D world with my kids and grandkids. I can't wait. I need a break.

Happy Monday all and here's to clean eating and moderation!
  • gwenm4
    Options
    I drink SO much water! Probably 10 cups a day, but at the end of the day, I feel like this is where I struggle the most because there is no "go to" other than water-- except wine!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I like a good club soda with a lemon if I want to sip on something that seems like a cocktail. Otherwise I'm a water girl when not drinking.
    I had 2 bottles of wine Fri-Sun so I feel like that was good moderation.
    MIL had an EKG and some blood work done and looks good to go for an April 27th surgery to remove the tumor. The timing worked out well since I'll be back from my birthday getaway on the 26th. Boy I'm looking forward to that and the weather is supposed to be very beachy (which is never a given in April) I'm going to try to moderate and exercise this week and hopefully drop another pound or 2.
    Have a good week everyone!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Good news about your MIL Sydney!!!!

Fabulous weekend!
    Friday-cooked all day. 2 beers, 1 shot, 2 1/2 margaritas and a glass of bourbon
    Saturday-deep cleaned the kitchen. 2 1/2 beers, 2 vodka sprites and 2 Manhattans
    Sunday-breakfast and beach. 1 screw driver, 3 beers at the beach, 1 1/2 beers at the bar on the way home and then 1/2 beer at home.

Our BIL's family is in Maui, so we will probably meet up for some dinner and drinks tonight?!
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Had a really focused day! Feels like a Day 1 of a big change. I did my 23 minutes stretching routine (like yoga), and ate really healthy all day. And no wine! Day 1 feels pretty good!

Monday = 0
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I drank a lot in general last week. Stayed up till almost midnight drinking with my Mom and Eric Friday. Saturday we had mimosas in the morning and then went to a birthday party for one of Daphne's friends and had drinks there. Then some before, during, and after dinner. I went to bed before 11, but the end of the night was fuzzy. Sunday we had a pitcher of mimosas after church and then I started feeling really tired. I ended up with a fever and aches that kept me home from work yesterday, but tested negative for strep and flu so that's good. I'm back today and feeling much better.

Sun I had a cider
    Mon - 0

I'm going to try for another 0 tonight and get to bed early again since I'm still not 100%. I'll probably drink the rest of the week since my friend is coming over tomorrow and I have work happy hour Thursday. I really want to try to moderate this weekend. I feel like I am only making up for the weekends during the week and it is making weight loss hard!

Gwen, I drink a lot of water, but will have decaf hot tea if I am really wanting a cocktail at night. I have about 5 different flavors. I also like La Croix sparkling water.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Congrats Gwen!
    My mind is on vacay already but I'm doing my best to have a good week. More exercise today. Logging everything. Probably wine every night if my calories allow for it
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Mon- 2, will see if I get a zero tonight.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-1/2 margarita before we went out. 1 beer while waiting for our table, 2 beers and dinner. 3 1/2, ehh, but could have been worse.
    Tuesday-0?!

• Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I'm not so sure about that 0 after all.... It's nice and sunny and I've had a busy day! Plus I ran 2 miles at lunch the day after being sick. I think it made me feel better.
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Two days down! Honestly I can't remember the last time I went two days without wine! Feels really good.

Monday = 0
    Tues = 0
    Wed = hopefully another 0

Plan on trying to keep to a Fri / Sat only alcohol.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Nice work Gwen!!!!

Monday-3 1/2
    Tuesday-2 margaritas and 1 glass of bourbon
    Wednesday-I could really use a 0 AND a nice walk!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Mon-2, Tues-0, today one or meebee a zero.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    We're going to have to take away your lush card Gwen ;) WTG!
    Just got back from buying a bunch of booze for our vacay. I may need to sample some tonight. :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Syd, I am with you...Lenny is at Costco stocking up for his parents visit.....
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Okay, I think I can keep my card (but thanks for the inspiration!). Sitting outside after work on the patio, with the breeze blowing and pasta sauce simmering -- and hubby brings out a cold manhattan! Oh boy. I have zero willpower. Went over calories today but only by a bit. Back to 0 tomorrow.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    DUDE, I never turn down a Manhattan...you had a good run :laugh:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 3 glasses of white
    Wed - 3 ciders, 1 beer, 1 vodka soda

Work happy hour tonight, but I have to get the kids so will have 2 drinks maybe. It's gorgeous out and I took a bottle of wine out of the freezer this morning. Oops. Forgot about that. I will drink that. I guess I'll share with Eric. :)

I lost another half pound this week! That makes 3 weeks in a row! I need to keep it going through next month too. I pretty much gained 5 pounds over the course of last year. I want it gone.