Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Meal today: Two huge chicken and avocado fajitas with a topping Donnie made yesterday with cilantro, fiesta corn, garlic, tomatoes, etc., extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, fire sauce, and sour cream. For dessert I blended bananas and chia seeds and layered it with smashed strawberries and chopped walnuts. So good, so filling! I did end up eating my fajitas with a fork because a lot spilled out.

Ended up with the following totals: 1463 Calories, 131 Carbs, 65 Grams Fat, 91 Grams Protein, 1995 Sodium, and 33 Sugars.

2dbnzblsqygn.jpg
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Those look really delicious and that dessert, oh my!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I love my fruits and nuts :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I just called and scheduled an annual physical for the first time in my life. I'm very excited, I haven't had any blood work done since last year for a health reason and all but my bad cholesterol was fine. It was 200+ something, but I'm sure they still have that information. I'm anxious to see if that has went down at all. Anyway, it's at 7:15 Friday morning. :)
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    holy crap that dessert looks insanely delicious :o
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    x3nomorph wrote: »

Gotta love nature's candy and goes so well with nature's nuts and seeds! It really was filling, I love how chia seeds plump up when mixed with something moist :)
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    do you chop the walnuts with a knife one by one or throw them in a food processor? sorry I'm a pretty basic cook :D
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Gotta love nature's candy and goes so well with nature's nuts and seeds! It really was filling, I love how chia seeds plump up when mixed with something moist :)

I need to try that. I'm not big on desserts, but, oh boy, that sure looks delicious... I have several frozen bananas sitting in the freezer that need to be used too.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    do you chop the walnuts with a knife one by one or throw them in a food processor? sorry I'm a pretty basic cook :D

Lol, no worries. I don't have a processor, I do have a Vitamix though, but I didn't use it for the nuts. I just threw them on a chopping board and randomly chopped a bunch at once :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

I need to try that. I'm not big on desserts, but, oh boy, that sure looks delicious... I have several frozen bananas sitting in the freezer that need to be used too.

I was never big on desserts, either, surprisingly. Never served after meals in our home unless special occasion like a holiday. I just enjoy adding them in now for some reason, no idea why. Maybe because I'm a fruit nut and love to play around with them. :)

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Well it certainly looks pretty all laid out as a meal - I think there's definitely something to be said for the psychological effects of a great looking dinner. Like going to a fancy restaurant...
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I just called and scheduled an annual physical for the first time in my life. I'm very excited, I haven't had any blood work done since last year for a health reason and all but my bad cholesterol was fine. It was 200+ something, but I'm sure they still have that information. I'm anxious to see if that has went down at all. Anyway, it's at 7:15 Friday morning. :)

Good luck with your physical, I'm sure your doctor will be happy with your weight loss, I'm having blood work done on Friday also for my thyroid because my numbers keep going up and down...Your meal looks delicious, I just might have a wrap tomorrow :p
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @minigrrll, I agree about the psychological aspect of having the meal laid out. So funny, not only has OMAD broken my food addictions, I also sit at the table to eat instead of in the living room. It's become rare to eat out there instead of the other way around.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @brendagaudette, thank you and same to you with your blood work. Hope you can get your thyroid med dosage sorted out. I think my doctor will be happy with the loss as well. :)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Your meals are literally mouth watering :tongue:
    Good luck with the blood work. I am sure you will get good results!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    @minigrrll, I agree about the psychological aspect of having the meal laid out. So funny, not only has OMAD broken my food addictions, I also sit at the table to eat instead of in the living room. It's become rare to eat out there instead of the other way around.

Funny; as a big guy, I would bring pizza, ice cream, chips, and popcorn and pig out in the recliner watching COPS until I was sick and sleepy! lol
  • wsandy8512
    Options
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @mikseyniha, thanks and I sure do hope so.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sandy, change of plans though , I'm going to get my blood drawn today instead :# I hope it's done by the lady that usually does it because I hardly feel a thing :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Here's to a good report :)