Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I am with you....I still feel like a fat peep this morning......I have got to do some serious water drinking today......
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Hopefully the bloat-y crap will be gone for us by tomorrow! Lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    YASSSSSSSSSSSS I've got some more to shed too - had a good loss last night but can FEEEEEEL the water - blech! LOL
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Same here...feeling like a fat cow :( But, now that Easter is over, I will climb back up and try try again :) Hope that you will not be feeling bloat-y tomorrow :)
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Back To It Stats-It began on 23 March, 2019
    Start day of IF 3/23/19
    Start Weight: 223.2 lb
    Current Weight: 210.5
    Monthly Goal: 210 lb
    Overall Goal Weight: 130 lb
    Today’s Date: 4/26/19
    Today’s Plan: 19:5
    Weight Goal for the Month: 210
    Today’s Weight: N/A
    Height: 5’5”
    Today’s Water Consumed: Plenty
    Description/Photo of Meals:description below
    Total cals – I don't count calories

Yesterday Food: I’ve been low carb/moderate protein/high healthy fats and intermittent fasting now for over a month. Yesterday I grabbed some chick fil a: spicy chicken meal with a coke (real, not diet-y nastiness) and an 8 piece nugget entree. I haven’t had fast food in well over a month now. I thought for sure I’d be kicked out of ketosis, but to my surprise, I wasn’t! Lol I had the fried, not grilled versions of my chicken choices and I ate the bun, I could only manage about five fries though because the chicken was so filling. Maybe it had something to do with taking a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before I ate. Whatever the reason, still burning fat stores so that’s a great thing!

Yesterday Dr. visit for insomnia: Down 11 pounds so far, and I am not pre-diabetic! My AC1 test came back well out of pre-diabetic ranges, she thinks my fasting glucose being high was the result of something I ate the day before the lasted 3 days. Anyway, She prescribed me trozadone which is an anti-depressant but works for as a sleep aid. She told me to give it a month and we'd go from there. I took one pill at bed time and I did sleep well, yet still woke at 1am--however, I took another pill and although I didn't get back to sleep, I peacefully rested for 3 more hours in bed. The ants-y-ness that usually drives me to get up just wasn't there.

Today: Brooke (my daughter) and I were so hungry after a walk that when we got back to her place, I quickly whipped us up some Greek Salad Wraps with Hummus (didn't take picture, I forgot, here is the link https://wendypolisi.com/greek-salad-wraps-with-hummus/?fbclid=IwAR0r44ycGKmRnqVuSrWRvBE1BSjj8NXEpG8x5T28ilXSGpiV1BGFP1b2tME )... they’re so freaking delicious! The only thing I cheated on was buying Greek dressing because I forgot those ingredients and my shoes messed up the balls of my feet, like chaffed them, so I didn’t feel like running around the store anymore than I had to.

I’m home now and just made myself a delicious blended, cool and refreshing jazzed up Bullet Proof Coffee. Nomnomnom! I had a few spicy pork rinds before closing out my window :-)

Here's hoping I can meet my monthly goal weight by the 30th! There's nearly a 1+ pound difference between my scale and the doctor's scale. I weighed 210.5 this morning on mine with my bday suit. Yesterday with clothes on before I went to the doctor I weighed 210.9 at home, and 212 on the doctor scale.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Sandy you're doing great!!! I always go by my scale, the doctors scales always seem to be higher. So that means you're almost to your goal weight!!! o:)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @Brendalea69, I think I will agree. I just checked my scale with a 20 pound weight and it reads 20 pounds, so I don't think it's a stretch to say the doctors digital scale is off. The old-fashioned one, though I always dreaded seeing the thing pushed further to the right, was usually spot on with my home scale.

And thanks so much, Brenda! I also upped my nicotine for a vape to help keep me off the cigs. I'll just get lower nicotine every couple of weeks or so. :-)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    NICE WORK darling!!! SO CLOSE! WOOT WOOT!!!

KUTGW on the smoking too! You're a wonder womannnn <3
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @mistymeadows2005 thanks sweet lady! And I changed today's weight since I checked my scale and it's more accurate than the doctor's scale (212), and mine read 210.5 so I am sticking with that. lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Love itttttttttt <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well 👍❤️ For me, I will just stick to my own scale😊
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2019
    Options
    My meal featured below was so awesome! I also had some pork rinds and a bullet proof coffee to finish it off. My weight this morning was 209.4, hoping it holds for me since that will put me below my monthly goal of 210 for April. :)

Still working on being patient with my sleeping med prescription. The pharmacist called today and asked if I was handling my new meds okay. I told her they're fine but not working yet; she said it usually takes a week. *Sigh*, gonna keep on trying and hope it doesn't take that long.

xqcs3zy5iklp.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Looks yummy! Nom Nom
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yum, this makes me want to add in a few low carb days a week :p
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Your salad looks amazing! I'm going to try to recreate it. I only recently started putting chia on my salads. Brilliant idea.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Wish I could make it for all of us @mistymeadows2005 @Brendalea69 @asgentr
    And just suit to your taste with honey mustard Vinaigrette. I use raw apple cider vinegar, honey (organic), EVOO, and whatever mustard I’m in the mood for; yesterday I added plain yellow mustard.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I love low carb days foe exactly the reasons Sandy mentioned... Super satisfying and generally yummy lol
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Today's delicious dish brought to you by my super-dee-duper happy tastebuds! Pork rind oven fried chicken is an excellent way to get your fried on without carbs--even if I weren't watching carbs I'd eat 'em! I made these in the air frier at 400 degrees for 18 minutes, they were tender and juicy on the outside and crispy on the outside... just smash up your favorite flavor of pork rinds, add spices if you want, throw them in a ziploc, dip chicken in an egg, shake it in your pork rind mix and bake :-)

wvf2a5gx5n56.jpg
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Yuuuuuum. Those meals look gooood.
    Keep it up girl. You're doing great!
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Delicious! It looks very satisfying.