Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yummo....chicken wrapped with bacon :yum: Glad to hear that the counter pills work on you :+1:
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    OMG I am drooling that meal looks amazing...….Way to go on your glucose again that is awesome!!! Good luck on your E/F how long do you plan on going?

Hope you feel better today with the pain...that stinks....
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    That meal Sandy!!!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The next couple of days will be super hard for me to get through, but it needs to be done. I've just started what I hope turns out to be, at the very least, a 96 hour fast<< @volgirl1322 Also, I have 6 cigarettes left and while FaceTiming with my sister a few minutes ago, I opened the last pack from my now gone carton, took it to the sink, and destroyed its contents with water--to the point where drying them out won't work to revive them, and threw them in the trash.

I had NO CLUE the last time I did IF that smoking contributes to insulin resistance. I didn't even know until I actually thought to look into it this morning. I was going to quit this weekend anyway, it's just now I have an even bigger reason aside from the other obvious health benefits from quitting.

I realize that it seems crazy to do an EF and quit smoking at the same time, but it's not nearly as crazy as what I've been doing for decades... Trying to lose weight first and then stop smoking or trying to stop smoking first and then lose weight because its NEVER, EVER worked for me. When I had quit for 7 years, I also ballooned to my highest weight ever of 234 pounds. It's the same cycle of craziness that happens with losing weight and then regaining. So I will be killing two birds with one stone this time and I believe this time that once I get to a healthy weight and it's done by not being a smoker, it will be for good. I was able to handle all other stressful events doing IF in 2017 until then, and because I never broke my insulin resistance is it any wonder I regained? Why EF and not IF to try and quit? Because I want the nicotine from my last cigarette to leave my body at a quicker rate, and EF will ensure that happens.

Anyway, there won't be any food posts for at least 4 days (unless I absolutely cannot take it), I will update daily, including later today, on how I'm feeling based on level 1-10 for food and cigarette cravings. I don't honestly see myself having any food issues today, it's day 2 that's the roughest for mind games, and possibly day 3, and where food cravings enter the factor.

TTFN and I'll update again later :-)
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I also stopped smoking a while ago - also stopped drinking alcohol - best decisions ever.. :)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    WOW you are amazing to tackle both of those at one time. I am SUPER IMPRESSED!!!!! You have the right mind-set to just rip the band aid and get through it. It may suck for a while, but man oh man how happy you will be when you are on the other side.

I am super proud of you for doing it! Sending hugs your way <3<3 for your success!!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    Way to go Sandy!! You are making the best decision for your health and I am praying that all will go smoothly and you will conquer both smoking and insulin resistance. I like that you are tackling both at the same time because I believe the EF will have a huge impact in freeing your body of nicotine. Kudos to you and I am rooting for you all the way.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Sandy, darling...you don't mess around huh?! That kick in the butt must've really hitcha hard...well I'm ABSOLUTELY positive that you'll do great...you've got the fire in your soul to take care of your body and I'm proud of you! Smoking isn't one I can even fathom tackling yet, so the BIGGEST kudos I can send you, truly <3

We love you and we're here to help (also you have me cell...feel free to call me if you need support...same goes for you other ladies..if you want it just DM me :) )
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Hope nothing but the best for you. I quit smoking years ago and it was brutal for me. Absolutely brutal so I hope it goes easier for you. Just stay strong and always remember that those cravings do eventually get easier to ignore and will go away. You are strong and you CAN do it! Also think about all the money you will save now. Smoking is an expensive habit now! Maybe put that money aside now for a vacation or just something you've wanted.
    You can do it!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Great job on making the effort the 2 issues and doing what's best for your health :+1: Cheering you on from Down Under! :)<3
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    You all are awesome! Thanks so much for cheering me on! I’ve decided to do IF versus EF, having food and cig cravings is too hard. And I’m fine with just my one or two meals. Lol. I had scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon and an avocado, BPC, some pork rinds with hummus, and pistachios today, yesterday I had a bleu cheese burger, BPC, bacon, chia seeds with heavy cream and apple pie spice. I had something else too but I can’t remember. Hers a photo of from my quit smoking appkf6xwy34gn9q.png
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I love that app, Congrats on quitting smoking :)

What is EF? I think it means Extended Fasting but how exactly do you do it?
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    I would think the extended fast is a fast longer than 24 hours. The 48 hour or 72 hour plus fasts would be extended fasts.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! Stay strong!!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    HI All! Still kicking butt on quitting smoking. Today was the easiest day yet, although I do still have cravings after eating. My meal today was semi-burnt but still tasty homemade grain free pancakes (made with coconut flour), eggs, and bacon. For dessert, homemade keto chocolate ice cream. YUMMMMMYYYY!! I forgot to weigh yesterday, sorry, my mind is all over the place throughout all this lol. @Brendalea69, yes, what Tracey said, and an extended fast can let as long or short as you like :-)

Thank you all so much for your continued support! It means so much and is also very helpful :-)

tqohz8g6jaco.jpg
    mod4xqj772ef.jpg
    sp8hu6emwx5f.jpeg
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    You are doing awesome!!!!! And your meal looked great especially the ice cream!!! Hoping the cravings are further and further in your past!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    You are doing awesome! :+1: Quitting smoking is hard as I remembered how my Dad decided to just go cold turkey one day after he came out from his yearly check-up. I know how hard it is. Keep up the good work in being smoke-free! :+1: OMG, I love ice-cream :yum:
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thanks @volgirl1322 and @jadepearl and the cravings are even less today, yay! I am breathing so much easier now. Even smells are more aromatic! Well, then there are things I’m smelling that is rather not as well. Anyway! Here’s to day four of no smoking!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Really hoping I can make it until Saturday! I’d shoot for longer but there’s no way my mother in law will let me get out of Easter dinner. Lol.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    WOW you are doing awesome lady!!! I am sure you feel a ton better already! Wishing you the best of luck on your EF as well......