Daily Accountability Check-in

Options
14567810»

Replies

• PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Seajolly wrote: »
    Ate peanut butter by the spoonful last night... and managed to drop nearly 2 lbs! I've been stuck at 187 for the past couple of weeks and today I dropped to 185! I also think I drank more water than usual yesterday, so maybe that helped too?

If I crave for anything it is almost always PB! I fear buying another jar because it's just to tempting for me. Congrats on the loss, I seem to drop when least expected and when I feel I've been real good the scale doesn't budge!!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Ate peanut butter by the spoonful last night... and managed to drop nearly 2 lbs! I've been stuck at 187 for the past couple of weeks and today I dropped to 185! I also think I drank more water than usual yesterday, so maybe that helped too?

Awesome! Maybe I should eat a few tablespoons of pb! I've been trying for what feels like ever to break out of the 180's also.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I've been obsessed with almond butter -- maybe it will work too, heh!
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Nice! Congrats on your loss! :smile:

I love almond and cashew butter.
    I had 2 tablespoons of cashew butter the other night for "dessert".
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Check-in: Still holding strong with my May mini-goals. I've got 8 more days until I finally weigh myself. At that point I'll continue tracking weight and measurements.
    BUT...before I get to June 1st, I have a huge family get together this coming weekend with food/drinks and more food/drinks (challenge #3 to get through for this month). I have a plan to have prepared food and drinks (water/coffee/tea) with me.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Eating fine, but carbs are up over the weekend, under 100 but nowhere near 50.

Back to trying to keto on Monday. I bought some ketostix so that might be incentive.

I did figure out that I can make a delicious faux potato salad with green beans, celeriac, and scallions that is pretty low carb (certainly compared to a normal one). Added broiled spicy chicken and it was a good dish.

Mmm sounds good! What was your process for the potatoless salad? I need to dig out my ketostix too. They are a good motivator IMO.

I've never cooked with celeriac but I'm game!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I chopped the celeriac pretty small, boiled it for a while in salty water (15 min?) while heating the oven high, toss in green beans chopped in half for a couple of minutes. Then put both in the oven for a couple of minutes and took it out, mixed it with scallions, some avocado oil garlic mayo (not sure why it wasn't just called aioli) I recently bought and was dying to try (this was an excuse for that) and a bit of white wine vinegar. Then mixed in the chicken, which was left over. Had it warm initially and then chilled, it was especially good chilled.

I usually roast celeriac and generally find you can cook it like potatoes, but it's lower cal and carb. (It does taste like celery some, with the texture of potato, so warning: if you are a celery hater that could be an issue.)
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I love celery. I can't wait to experiment with it! Thanks!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Fulking scales.... I weigh myself this morning: 8st 5-and-a-half pounds.

I have ONE single cup of 250ml tea with a cloud of milk. A full half hour passes.
    I weigh myself again.
    8st 6 and-a-quarter pounds.

Yeah, right....