Daily Accountability Check-in

Options

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made some poor choices and not on the whole food variety either. It was pretzal chips and mini twix. But i logged it all and was still below 100g for the day so while shocking for my usual below 35g way of eating it isn't anything to freak out about either. I was done by 7 last night and had lunch with a friend today at 1 where i made UHMaaaazzing choices so what i remind myself is its ok. One blip isnt a setback it just is. And i know what i need to do to get back at it.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am getting frustrated with my LCHF, but its all my fault.... I had made a choice to increase my carbs to around 40g net and I have been tossing around the same 3-4lbs for a while now... And I am finding it incredibly hard to get back down to <20g. I need to restart completely - clean out the fridge, restock, and start fresh!
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am 11 days into my mini-goals month. I have 20 days left (including today since it is still early). Holding strong so far. I am really excited to see where I am at on June 1st--> as far as weight, measurements, energy.
    Focus, focus, focus....lol :D
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Scale is still stuck. But I'm not feeling discouraged. I have increased my exercise, which could be why my body is holding onto weight? Interestingly, I've been a lot less hungry the past 2 days which I think is a good sign that my body is getting used to this WOE and that I'm getting enough fats and protein to satisfy myself.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Increasing exercise often causes a stall on the scale (bump up in water weight for repairing the muscle) -- it's probably that.
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Staying on course. Went out for lunch today, there was nothing on the menu I could really eat, until I saw an eggplant and cheese dish. Wouldn't you know it came out all covered in panko. bleh, didn't eat it, waitress brought me a nice salad in exchange.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Indian place went well. My schedule was such that I skipped lunch anyway (I'd planned to have leftover steak plus greens so as to keep carbs down), and so felt fine about calories. Had a tandoori lamb with spices, some grilled onions and peppers (not a ton), and then shared a palak paneer with friends. I was with three friends, one was late, the other was totally happy not to get naan as I think she's watching her weight a bit, so we didn't. Then when my other friend came she ordered some for the table and I didn't even feel tempted (which is odd since I normally have no self control with naan). As for rice, I don't care about it, and put a tiny bit on my plate, the rest of my food on the side, and didn't touch the rice but for one bite. No one noticed I wasn't scooping up more rice or anything out of the ordinary, I don't think.

Anyway, I suspect that was overall low carb (and high fat for sure), and with skipping lunch I am comfortable I was within my usual goal.

This evening will be a different challenge, and then I have to go to Mississippi for work for a couple days, which will likely be more of one. But it's probably a better test for myself than just cooking at home.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Indian place went well. My schedule was such that I skipped lunch anyway (I'd planned to have leftover steak plus greens so as to keep carbs down), and so felt fine about calories. Had a tandoori lamb with spices, some grilled onions and peppers (not a ton), and then shared a palak paneer with friends. I was with three friends, one was late, the other was totally happy not to get naan as I think she's watching her weight a bit, so we didn't. Then when my other friend came she ordered some for the table and I didn't even feel tempted (which is odd since I normally have no self control with naan). As for rice, I don't care about it, and put a tiny bit on my plate, the rest of my food on the side, and didn't touch the rice but for one bite. No one noticed I wasn't scooping up more rice or anything out of the ordinary, I don't think.

Anyway, I suspect that was overall low carb (and high fat for sure), and with skipping lunch I am comfortable I was within my usual goal.

This evening will be a different challenge, and then I have to go to Mississippi for work for a couple days, which will likely be more of one. But it's probably a better test for myself than just cooking at home.

Work travels are always a challenge, but the longer you eat a particular way, the better you get at sticking to it. I just think: protein and veg on work trips. I had THREE in April.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Still in ketosis. Had some alcohol last night, and that usually causes some water retention for a few days. Boo.
    Still in ketosis as of this am, surprisingly.
    Went out dancing two nights this week. Have a yoga class tomorrow, so a good week for activity.
    Feel like I'm settling in for a good keto run.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Had a great day! I kept my carbs to 19g (or about 6g net)! My lowest carb day so far on this lifestyle!

I also went for a good bike ride tonight! I know I'm exercising but I'm really hoping for a loss in the next few days... Will really give me a boost. :)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Checking today after a not quite okay day yesterday, and back on track today.
    Felt okay this am, checking in with friends and my son for Mother's day and lounging around.
    Now its late afternoon, its raining, and i feel very empty. I'm realizing I really dont do well living alone. Really miss having my kids around or a life partner. Also, getting very tired of finding distractions so that I can get by. They dont really even work anymore. I have a busy week coming up which is good, and just a few more hours to get through before sleep.
    I think they will feel long and not very good.
    So far, I'm on point with keto food. Hope to at least hold on to that good thing for todays outcome.
    No weigh in today, due to extra carbs weekend and not wanting to deal with good or bad weight issues on mothers day.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm doing intermittent fasting, today was a feed day, the kids and my grand came over and we had bbq and fixings which were all low carb except dessert which was an apple pie, I had a piece about 1 inch x 2 inches and it was all I wanted. I love that on my feed day I can eat at maintenance. Kept it all low carb, throughout the IF experiment so far I have stayed in ketosis.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Hugs, @elize7. I'm sorry you had a bit of a rough time of it.... <3
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Went away for the weekend for my MiL's 90th. Stayed low carb all weekend, even while eating at a restaurant. I brought my own food just in case because I knew there would be a few meals at the house where we stayed.

After the big party it was just me, my husband, his sister, & my MiL having dinner at home & afterwards they all had leftover birthday cake which, for me, after 13 years of no cake, is not a temptation issue. But I still didn't feel like sitting at the table with them while they ate cake & ice cream because, meh. So I stayed close by in the kitchen & did the dishes instead. My SiL said "Oh I feel so BAD!" which drives me bonkers. I'm just doing self care over here, don't make it about you, lol

Anyway my SiL is always saying she shouldn't be eating whatever she's eating & saying how GOOD I'm being. I just smile & try to ignore it because I am not a fan of labeling someone good or bad based on food choices, no thank you. I wish I could get her to try LCHF but I know I've no chance, the carb addiction has a grip on her & it makes me sad because I know the feeling.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Deleted. Oops! Wrong thread. :p
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great day! Carbs at 6 net. Decided to eat mostly meat for a while. I did put cream in my coffee and had a bit of cheese. Oh and my stick of gum.
  • kilroy02
    kilroy02 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Was sick over the last few days, virus or something. Was not eating as well as I could. Gained a few pounds. Need to keep on track, this will help.
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 14 of my month long adventure. No deviations. I still feel really tired, trying to figure out how to get rid of it. One day at a time :smile:
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    finally feeling like I am getting back on track, scale is starting to move down again, I just need to make it past my next hurdle: last time was getting myself into One-derland and now its getting into the 180s!
  • littlecrunchy190
    littlecrunchy190 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Question: Do you think watching Cupcake wars is going to damage my calm? LOL I love that show and haven't watched really any food shows since starting keto/IF 2 weeks ago. Would you brave it?