Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th

Options

Replies

• kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Day 4 stats
    I see my carbs starting to creep up again. Not good.
    Calories: 1371
    Net Carbs: 26
    Fat: 82
    Protein: 76
    Exercise: 30 minutes walking

I made coconut chia pudding for my dessert today. Nice!
  • colosky17
    colosky17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    [quote="Marcelynh;c-39439795"

Who posted about the Cali pizza crust they found in the grocery store? azsundancer??? Where did you find it?

I did. I ordered it online, they have three kinds I got the red pepper and original italian and like both. They have one made with almond flour but I haven't looked at all the other ingredients in that one. It's a little pricy but cheaper than ordering pizza and doesn't take me an hour trying to make the crust myself - I've got no time for that! I placed a large order to get free shipping. Here is the link:

https://www.califlourfoods.com/

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carly

Thanks! I will be 63 this summer and I have had a food problem since I was about 2.

Although I am not currently seeing him, about 5 years ago I had an amazing doctor (endocrinologist) who had quit the successful practice he had founded to focus on nonsurgical bariatrics. He was/is extremely knowledgeable and personable, and he "walks the walk". I am insulin resistant but no other medical issues, fortunately. My former endocrinologist loves teaching, so I learned a lot while seeing him, and after about 9 months of hard work and very strict adherance to a 1000 kcal low carb food plan, I was a normal BMI for the first time in about a million years and I felt that clarity that you mentioned. Plenty of energy to exercise and work. I tried to transition back into eating more carbs, and went crazy and gained all the weight back - more than 80 lbs - which completely disheartened me because I had done so well. I am getting back to what works for me again, finally. My kcal goal is 1200-1300kcal per day. For this challenge I am still seeing what carb level I will land at - the last 2 days I have surprised myself by coming in at less than 30g net carbs. Five years ago I did quite well on maintenance for about a year and a half having worked up to about 50-60g net carbs per day (then went off the rails when I tried to go higher than that at the same time I was experimenting with not logging meticulously - which proved to be an epic mistake - duh.)

I am glad you are here as a moderator and can serve as a resource and source of support.

Karen from Virginia
  • colosky17
    colosky17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't know how people post a response and it shows the other persons post in a blue box. I only figured out I could quote it in my reply, but it all runs together and is less noticeable that it's a reply to someone's question! Tips?
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hello, it's me again. Just stopping by to creep on your posts. ;) JK

I've had another perfect day. I know most people want to lose fast so eat 1200, but I'd rather lose slower and it'll be easier to maintain...I hope lol.

So, I've got like, 12 net carbs today, and my calories are within limits, with plenty of fresh air and activity.

I did have a headache and nausea today that didn't dissipate with sodium, which was a bit...concerning. Two aspirin handled that. Still...concerning.

See ya later!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Brunch - Egg Salad (3 large eggs/Mayonnaise 2T/Black Olive 42g/Onion 7g)
    446kcal/4g net carbs/39g fat/19g protein/1g fiber

Dinner - Shrimp Cocktail (Steamed Shrimp 100g/Horseradish Cocktail Sauce 60g), Roasted Vegetables (Bell Pepper 100g/Cauliflower 100g/Olive Oil 10g)
    271kcal/14g net carbs/9g fat/27g protein/4g fiber

Evening Snack - Ham 122g, Macadamia Nuts 50g
    554kcal/4g net carbs/48g fat/26g protein/4g fiber

Total for the day:
    1271kcal/22g net carbs/96g fat/72g protein/9g fiber

Exercise Jazzercise 1 hour, Cleaning out Garage 1 hour

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    colosky17 wrote: »
    I don't know how people post a response and it shows the other persons post in a blue box. I only figured out I could quote it in my reply, but it all runs together and is less noticeable that it's a reply to someone's question! Tips?

I use my iPhone and at the bottom of the post it says quote on the left. Click on it then scroll to the very end of the last post it will be in your reply box.
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Today was honestly a good day. Just recieved my Potassium... thinking about starting exercise in the morning. What do you all think?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Chena83 wrote: »
    Today was honestly a good day. Just recieved my Potassium... thinking about starting exercise in the morning. What do you all think?

Fantastic plan! Let us know how you do! I love exercising in the morning!
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You guys rock!! I can't thank you enough for the great information and encouragement.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    mznik114 wrote: »
    Can we post pics here? I'd love to share a pic of this pizza

Yes you can! Click on the camera icon and it'll tell you what to do. Love to see the pizza!

• ThinManRuning
    ThinManRuning Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So today (Day 5) I am in KETOSIS. yesterday was just on the edge at 0.5 and today smack bang in the "Zone" at moderate 4.0, according to the test strips... Also how do i post a small photo???? Sorry..........

xvlobgg6lmch.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Great job!I don't know how to resize. Does anyone else?
  • ThinManRuning
    ThinManRuning Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    it's a great feeling knowing that I am now in the fat burning zone, and not doing this all for nothing..
  • Acheymakey
    Acheymakey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Day 4 (yesterday)

I went over on overall calories....... macro % are ok but slightly over on carb grams. But I did do an hour and a half at the gym so hoping I will be ok???

Carbs 5% 24g / Fat 76% 183g / Protein 19% 102g

Weighed the same today but still in total 3.75 lbs since Monday whoop whoop.

Have a great Friday everyone.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Lost the pound I gained. Now down 4 lbs since starting Sunday. Cals we're actually a little higher yesterday but I was also more active.

How many of you weigh daily? Once a week? What are your thoughts on that?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I weigh daily. I know weight will fluctuate. I also know why, usually what I eat. Weighing daily keeps me more accountable!
  • kroderick
    kroderick Posts: 46 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @KnitorMiss ~ Thank you! I brought my dinner to school last night and did not eat it at all. I barely could eat all my lunch - I still dropped another 2lbs today. So, I appreciate you letting me know that. I am definitely good with hardly any carbs and getting in the proteins, the fat is what has been an issue. I am programmed still to see fat as bad. LOL.