Options

Replies

• mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    mznik114 wrote: »
    Can we post pics here? I'd love to share a pic of this pizza

Yes you can! Click on the camera icon and it'll tell you what to do. Love to see the pizza!

Thanks!!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    kendallvon wrote: »
    Day #7, Everyone!!! Week 1 down!
    Total calories: 1504
    Net carbs: 20
    Fat: 109
    Protein: 73

Back on the bike today-- 30 minutes accomplished.

I know 30 min. doesn't seem like a big deal, but as some of you know, I have had MS now for 15 years. I have done all of my weight loss (-163#) while having MS. I'm not saying this for pity points. I am proud of my accomplishment despite of my disability! I hope to let others know that yes, we CAN do this!! Sure, it might take us a little longer than others, but we're each running our own race. Our only opponent is ourselves. WE CAN DO THIS!!! Congrats to all of us!!!! GROUP HUG!!

You're an amazing, strong person. Congrats on your victories!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Day 9/28 hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend! They are usually the hardest as far as temptations for me. I'm sure everyone would agree to this. Social events, time off from work, hanging out with friends… So many different factors that can derail us from this WOE (way of eating). Congratulate yourself if you were able to make it through the weekend mostly unscathed!

Suggestion for the day is to troubleshoot next weekend or the next event where you might be derailed. For instance Tuesday is bingo night for me. I generally have Mountain Dew but have switched that up for water with lemon. Share any ideas or suggestions that will help others!

Have a great day!

Mary
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 8:
    Total Calories: 1497
    Net Carbs: 28
    Fat: 93
    Protein 96

Ok, too much protein, not enough fat. Should have stayed with 4 oz London Broil instead of 6. Was just so good!!!
    30 min of biking done for the day. Will be very happy when it cools off a little; I don't tolerate the heat well. Great job, Mary, on the water instead of Mountain Dew.
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mary, troubleshooting next weekend is very important to me personally because I will traveling all weekend and am new to Keto. Suggestions? Thanks!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @bannierooster I always pack snacks for a road trip. For me I love breakfast food all day. Bacon cheese burger on lettuce bun, wings, steak...If at someone's house I usually eat protein with minimal veggies.

Any other suggestions???
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    @bannierooster: I measure macadamia nuts out to 1 serving and seal them in little bags (I have a FoodSaver vaccum sealer which I use to make little bags the right size but ziploc snack sized bags would work great). 1 serving of macadamia nuts is about 10 nuts and that little amount of fat is great to stave off the munchies and add the needed fat.

I also never hesitate to ask for fast food places to give me the burger without the bun and instead wrap it in lettuce. They are always willing to do that for burgers or chicken breasts. I also have a habit of taking a container of Italian spices with me and whenever I order a salad getting it with oil and vinegar and add my own spices.
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am sore from yesterday. Today was a better day. I was over on fat amd protien today.

How did you all get into exercise?
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Chena83 wrote: »
    I am sore from yesterday. Today was a better day. I was over on fat amd protien today.

I started a running program with a local group about 3 months ago and it was the best decision I've made. Now I run intervals 3 days per week. Being sore sucks...But I usually soak in the tub and take a couple of pain pills. Good luck!
  • fanncy0626
    Options

I always did some sort of exercise starting out with aerobics, running, kick boxing, Zumba then I discovered weight lifting and the Kettlebell! Which I love the results of!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    mznik114 wrote: »
    Weigh in yesterday showed 4.4 lbs GONE! Total of 12.6 lbs down in two weeks!

Congratulations on your loss!
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options

determination. I did NOT want to end up in a wheelchair, and I saw moving as a viable way of preventing, or at least postponing, that outcome. I also read somewhere that for something to become habit, you needed to do it for at least 21 days in a row. So, for me, exercise started as a mixture of fear and determination.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Day10/28 we are over one third of the way done with this challenge! Hopefully everybody is doing fantastic! I have noticed that people have been wanting to add exercise to their program. Any little change that you do will help. MFP is full of challenges and different groups for you to join to get help and support from people that are be doing the same thing.

Suggestion for today is to stay focused on what you chose as one of the areas that you need to work on.

Have a great day!
    Mary
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

@Chena83 About 7-8 years ago, a co-worker gave me, for the 3rd Christmas in a row, a gift certificate for her Jazzercise class - one free month. I was embarrassed enough after 3 years that I went just to assuage my guilt. I hated it so much because I was huffing and puffing and couldn't sustain the effort, and everyone else was dancing and prancing about with ease. It was humiliating. I got really mad and kept going and finally 6 months later I didn't hate it any more. I have never loved it, but I am committed to it and am in much better condition. I go 4 days a week, and I have a job that keeps me on my feet. About 5 years ago I lost weight under medical supervision and became extremely active with multiple different activities and a very active lifestyle. Unfortunately I gained almost all the weight back and am back to just Jazzercise and an active job which is all I can handle right now. I want to get back into kettle bells and walking...that's my next goal...

Mary, troubleshooting next weekend is very important to me personally because I will traveling all weekend and am new to Keto. Suggestions? Thanks!

My cousin has a mouth condition and cannot eat any spices whatsoever, so she asks for plain food, like broiled chicken and steamed veggies with nothing added, at restaurants. She never has a problem with her requests. I bet you could do the same thing. Just ignore the menu and ask for what fits your diet. You won't be the first or the last to ask a restaurant to accommodate to your needs. And most fast food places have salads, grilled entrees, and bun-free alternatives. It may end up being an enlightening and liberating experience! Have a good trip.

Karen in Virginia
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Off track for 6 days. Mostly due to a very carby/high calorie drink that I seem to crave when I want comfort.
    Back on keto plan, emotions stablized: 2nd day.
    Need one more day before weighin.
    Glad there is a challenge to jump back into. Feel a wee bit hopeful again.
    If at first you dont succeed; try...try again.
    I mean, what else can you do?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Off track for 6 days. Mostly due to a very carby/high calorie drink that I seem to crave when I want comfort.
    Back on keto plan, emotions stablized: 2nd day.
    Need one more day before weighin.
    Glad there is a challenge to jump back into. Feel a wee bit hopeful again.
    If at first you dont succeed; try...try again.
    I mean, what else can you do?

Glad you're back! I'm constantly being chased by a big slice of chocolate cake! I definitely will have to keep trying for the rest of my life. Even when I am successful.
  • monicashehata
    monicashehata Posts: 2 Member
    Options

It seems so unhealthy - but my go to when I'm hungry is going to mcdonalds and asking for a mcdouble without the bread (about 5g of carbs, but 3grams if you get it without ketchup).

you can eat at any restaurant the same way - getting a burger without bread and just eat salad or seasonal veggies instead of fries.