Leslie Sansone May 2017 Walk Challenge

Options
123457»

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    Is there a June challenge? I will log here for now. I am going for 100 miles again.

5.58/100

5.58 miles walking at the zoo today.

PinkyPan, I think this is the first time in years that Mary has not started the monthly thread. I sent her an email today. I hope she is OK.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    May 3.5 miles/ day or 108.5 for the month

5/1-Just Walk-Walk to the Hits 3 mile walk=3.0 miles total
    5/1-Vivofit tracked 3.4 miles=6.4 total miles
    5/2-Vivofit tracked 3.2 miles=9.6 total miles
    5/3-Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=11.6 total miles
    5/4-Vivofit tracked 3.1 miles=14.7 total miles
    5/5-Vivofit tracked 3.7 miles=18.4 total miles
    5/6-Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=21.0 total miles
    5/7-Vivofit tracked 2.4 miles=23.4 total miles
    5/8-Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=25.4 total miles
    5/9-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=27.3 total miles
    5/10-Vivofit tracked 1.3 miles=28.6 total miles
    5/11-Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles=30.2 total miles
    5/12-Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=32.4 total miles
    5/13-Vivofit tracked 1.7 miles=34.1 total miles
    5/14-Vivofit tracked 2.5 miles=36.6 total miles
    5/15-Vivofit tracked 2.4 miles=39.0 total miles
    5/16-Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles=40.6 total miles
    5/17-Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=42.6 total miles
    5/18-WAH-AHA-Heart Healthy Walk- 3 miles=45.6 total miles
    5/18-Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=47.6 total miles
    5/19-Vivofit tracked 3.1 miles=50.7 total miles
    5/20-Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper and Lower Circuits-1.5 miles-52.2 total miles
    5/20-Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=54.4 total miles
    5/21-Vivofit tracked 2.4 miles=56.8 total miles
    5/22-Vivofit tracked 2. 5 miles=57.3 total miles
    5/23- Vivofit tracked 2.5 miles=59.8 total miles
    5/24-Just Walk-Tone every Zone-Upper, Lower Circuits+ the 20 minute walk=3.0 miles=62.8 total miles
    5/24-Vivofit tracked 2.1 miles=64.9 total miles
    5/25-Vivofit tracked 4.4 miles=69.3 total miles
    5/26-Vivofit tracked 3.4 miles=72.7 total miles
    5/27-Vivofit tracked 3.4 miles=76.1 total miles
    5/28-Vivofit tracked 4.1 miles=80.2 total miles
    5/29-Vivofit tracked 2.5 miles=82.7 total miles
    5/30-Vivofit tracked 1.1 mile=83.8 total miles
    5/31-Vivofit tracked 2.9 miles=86.7 total miles

Well, May was a bust as far as miles go, but I stood a lot more thanks to the Sit Less Boot Camp! This month, I need to get back to miles because my 3 year old granddaughter will be here in 6 weeks and I have to be in running and mountain climbing shape!! :laugh:

Ann I am a bit scared about Mary. Even when she had to care for her brother and was not posting herself, she still started us off each month. I started in Feb 2014 and she has never missed a month. Her last post was 5/26 and she did not seem to be concerned about anything. I am worried. :worried:

Walk Strong Everyone! :neutral:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I am sorry that I was not able to start June's challenge off on time. My computer crashed and almost died last week, but thankfully I just got it back last night. But everything was so different when I turned it on. Where we have taken our computers for years was able to restore and recover much of what I need, but much of it is in a separate folder that I have to go through, or I have to go online and reinstall, so the process of adding back what I need or use was too daunting last night. So today I'm finally beginning the tedious business of adding back a few things at a time so that I can get a handle on things.

I'm thankful for AnnofB's message because while trying to get the computer up this afternoon I totally forgot that this is already the second of June :o . Tonight I was only going to peek in on the challenge, and then go to sleep, but I'll definitely first make the new challenge right now.

Then tomorrow I'll post here for May, as well as in June what I walked while the computer was broken.
    But first :sleeping:

zichab, can that grand baby really be three years old already! I remember when she was born o:) . Thanks to the Sit Less Boot Camp this month I also have been standing a whole lot more, and doing more, rather than sitting around or doing a sitting activity. I'm learning that some of those actually can be done standing up! Thank you for checking up on me <3 .

Hugs,
    :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Every one did amazing and awesome walking during May! I caught up on all the posts. See you in June :flowerforyou:

May 27: Rest day.
    May 28: I walked 77 minutes outside this morning, and DH and I cut back the Pyracantha (Firethorn) bushes.
    May 29: DH and I cleaned up, cut back, and mulched the front of house foundation plantings.
    May 30: I walked 86 minutes outside this morning.
    May 31: 50 minutes of five mini walks from Mix + Match Walk Blasters: Light Walk, Brisk+Steady walk, Short +Sweaty walk, Interval Walk, and the Flexibility Walk.

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Mary I am so glad that it was just your computer ... not that we are are happy it crashed!! :noway:

I was worried because I was a care giver for my mother-in-law for the last year of her life and when she passed, I really fell into a deep depression because I felt I had no purpose anymore. After all those months of being needed every day, suddenly it seemed that no one needed me. As a result, every time someone who has been a full-time caregiver suddenly changes their habit patterns, I immediately go to the "worry zone." :wink: Since I know you have been your brother's right arm for over a year, I was concerned about you. :blushing:

Having said that, I know how you feel about losing all your files and programs. It is so annoying to get everything back. Hopefully, you can restore it all while standing! :laugh:

Brenda :bigsmile:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Thank you zichab for your very kind and caring post. I'm sure I went through some of many things, feelings and reactions including some depression (especially after the second fractured wrist just after brother moved back to his apartment) during these past two years. But like you said you (and definitely myself also) am glad that it is :noway: only :laugh: the computer this time :tongue: .

I've learned much through this whole experience, and even more after pondering what you wrote above. Thank you for taking the time to share and write your post <3

Blessings,