! - The OMAD Adaption Pains Thread - !

1234568»

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    YOUCH!!!! Hope you're ok Joe!
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Oh no. Pls go to the doctor if something doesn't feel right. My mum once broke her shoulder by having a fall but didn't go to the doctor for 3 days as she said 'oh its nothing'! :# Get well soon!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Oh No! Hope you are feeling better!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Sorry to hear that Joe, I pray you feel better soon.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    So sorry to hear that! Get well soon! Sending over quick healing vibes!
  • Kokodaready2020
    Kokodaready2020 Posts: 28 Member
    I have been letting milk creep back into my morning coffee's. Until today that is, as i started using my fitness pa again and logged the milk to realised how many carbs are really their... I have once again found my resolve. clear liquids ONLY.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I have been letting milk creep back into my morning coffee's. Until today that is, as i started using my fitness pa again and logged the milk to realised how many carbs are really their... I have once again found my resolve. clear liquids ONLY.

There ya go.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    How do you know if you've broken your fast? I see people concerned about eating this or drinking that so it doesn't break their fast.....but what if I have 50 calories, how do I know my fast if broken?
  • mistymeadows2005
    25 cals is the general rule of thumb I personally use, but I'm sure it varies person to person.
  • bekahlou75
    So if I've broken my fast, then what's the point? If it's all about lowering your calories, then if you eat at a deficit once a day, does it matter? What is the fast actually doing?
    Not trying to be argumentative, I've only been doing this for 4 days. I cannot stand black coffee....I've tried it in the past for about a week and it's awful. I use sugar free flavored cream. It's 45 calories for 3 tlbs.
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited July 2019
    Well first of all, ANY fasting will help your body use calories more efficiently, and store less as fat. If you haven't already, I'd listen to this podcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSR82vmZ5lk

It's an interview with Jason Fung, who wrote the complete guide to fasting. It explains a lot of HOW fasting assists in weight loss outside of pure calories - in the end, calories are king...you can't out-fast your overall deficit BUT it means that you can lose more with a smaller deficit then you would otherwise (basically...it's more complicated than that but you get the gist).

As for the coffee, hey if that's your non-negotiable, then so be it...I learned to drink it without creamer for the most part (even though I still prefer it WITH) and also find alt sources of caffiene that are naturally sugar free (green tea, etc). Hope this helps!
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    Fasting makes it easier by not triggering your insulin response ie you are not hungry outside your one meal time. 45 cal will shoot your insulin and will most likely make you hungry. Its up to you though, you do it the way you want. If you want to count calories then do that, this is just an easier way to do it for some people.
  • bekahlou75
    Oh, so all it does is make me more hungry? It won't stop the weightloss? I'm eating a regular meal at dinner time (between 6:00 & 8:00)....not a days worth of calories, so only about 600. So I should be fine if I need some sugar free cream to make it through life.
    Thanks y'all.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LOL yes if it makes you miserable not to have it, then it's not worth it. I'd consider getting more cals in your OMAD though...you might see super fast weight loss, but A: you'll burn out really quick if you're not getting enough cals and B: it's almost impossible to get all the nutrition you need from 600 cals...I'd personally argue that it IS impossible. Thus you'll start to get really lethargic and have no energy, and basically be miserable. Feel free to do it how you want, just some unsolicited advice from a fellow OMADer ;)
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    Yeah i agree. 600 cal is way too low. I would def faint! :D
  • bekahlou75
    It’s not too bad. I haven’t lost any weight though. It’s only been 6 days so I’m not giving up yet.
  • arguablysamson
    bekahlou75 wrote: »
    It’s not too bad. I haven’t lost any weight though. It’s only been 6 days so I’m not giving up yet.

How much do you have to lose?
  • bekahlou75
    I would like to lose about 10-12 pounds. As of this morning, I've lost 1.6!! So I'm pretty happy. I have a non-functioning thyroid so even with proper medication my metabolism is gone.
  • arguablysamson
    bekahlou75 wrote: »
    I would like to lose about 10-12 pounds. As of this morning, I've lost 1.6!! So I'm pretty happy. I have a non-functioning thyroid so even with proper medication my metabolism is gone.

You'll still lose despite the condition.