Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Options

Replies

• VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Options
    Yea @dubstepvideobody I'm with my family and don't even have cell phone service - I can only check things when I'm in my grandma's house using the wifi, so it's harder to respond! I've also definitely been eating more calories here because I can't cook for myself as much and the food's a lot more calorie dense. Also, when there's homemade pie, sometimes relatives will insist you eat some. I've been running after little cousins all day though, so hopefully that helps burn some more energy.

When I'm at home, I like to switch up my meals a lot so I get to cook new things, but here's some of my favorites off the top of my head:
    Breakfast
    - fried egg on half a bagel or pumpernickel bread
    -1/3 cup greek yogurt with a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup and berries
    -breakfast bars/cookies made of mashed banana, oatmeal, cinnamon and raisins
    -greek yogurt pancakes with fruit
    -shakshouka

Lunch (at work)
    -black beans sauteed with onions, tomato, and fried corn tortilla strips with chopped carrots and celery on the side
    -leftovers from dinner
    -fruit on the bottom yogurt

Dinner
    -soups! (egg drop, black bean, tortilla, etc.)
    -curries (mango, lentil, onion)
    -vegetable stir-frys with tofu

Snacks
    -sliced zucchini with BBQ sauce-greek yogurt dip (1:1 ratio)
    -celery filled with honey and crumbled gorgonzola cheese
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @VictoriaTuel I tan super quickly so I get you with the tan lines issue! I try to buy bikinis with straps I can remove when laying down..one pieces are reserved for afternoon dips. I'll look at AdoreMe website, thnx :)

@sardelsa I have a small chest and curvy bottom, my struggles are the other way round lol. I'm all for the Brazilian bottom too...and end up spending way too much. I actually love Mikoh for bikinis but they are very expensive and plus the shipping fees it's just too much.

@mom23mangos they're both beautiful! I'd take the second one as the halter would stay imprinted on my chest for the rest of the summer..The second one's color with a tan will look beautiful and it looks safe for when moving around!

@JeepHair77 I also buy mismatched bikinis and get creative making sets from different shops. I thought about buying from VS as they have nice ones for smaller chests, but I wasn't sure if they were just too much push up. I'll have to try then!
    In regards to drinking water, when I get bored of plain water I'll just throw in a mix of pretty fruits: some lemon and orange slices, blueberries or even cucumber. Also chia seeds are great as you can munch on them when you drink!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody I'm still here reading along and being inspired by everyone.

When I'm behaving: HB eggs for breakfast.

Lunch is grilled chicken, some avocado, some leftover cooked veggies or a chopped salad or some cucumber.

Dinner is a paleo/primal style plate. I've been having yogurt though, sometimes with berries and seeds, as a desert. Or just some fruit.

When I'm doing poorly (and I have been) I'll end up eating yogurt early, and too much of it. I won't have water after dinner. I consume snack foods: crackers or tortilla chips primarily. Counting ci/co is helpful but the "if it fits your calories" mentality has led me to be lest strict with my choices and I have been overeating snack foods some.

I really do best with the primal eating mindset and am trying to reconnect with it.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Some model inspiration for the day. Forgive me if she's more yoga/dance than pure VS but aren't those beautiful lines?

a2zw914jjuuy.jpeg
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @mom23mangos oh, yeah, I forgot it! Sorry :smiley: I just wanted to prevent the silence and thought maybe I was too direct with my post about goals and discipline haha :smiley:
    Btw you look very lean on the video you posted in the gym!

@VictoriaTuel Sounds very balanced. I could get some ides, the bbq sauce and zuccini sounds great! And this celery also yumm.

@Locolady98 Not everybody feels the need to look like a VS model or any other model :) Eventually every woman finds or should find her perfect weight and looks so she feels great. If you feel good on 112, so let it be 112.

@xelsoo welcome back to the group!

@wellnesschaser Oh, also a paleo lover?! <3 Sometimes I question this lifestyle though, I get sick of meat and animal products, try fruit detoxes or have vegan days, but eventually I only feel great on the paleo diet. I eat only grass fed meats since 2012, eggs are also from a local farm. My hair looks shiny, my skin is clear, which wasnt on the vegan diet once... But the occaisonal thought I eat so much animals that also once had families brings me in consideration :smiley: Anyways, this was just a side note about paleo!

Your inspiration pic is nice, isnt this Laruna....something? :smiley: She is a yoga teacher? I once watched to an inspirational video of her yoga practice, very slim and toned. If I am right of course.

Here is one booty inspo for you:
    I like how the girl have slim not very muscular upper body and bigger booty <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK_e5_fKtIo

• dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Im gonna watch to this next time I am doing the incline treadmil workout. The whole hour. :blush::smiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvCHOYmlAfQ
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    It amazes me that people can control their bodies that much. Like belly dancers and Tahitian dancers. I just don't have that coordination. Plus, I realized for belly dancing you need a certain level of body fat. I took lessons for a while before realizing I had nothing to shimmy!
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    Ugh! It cut off my post again. @dubstepvideobody , only my back and upper torso is lean right now because I just don't genetically store fat there. It all goes to my lower belly and inner thighs. I have a good muscle base, so I'm looking really thick right now with the fat sitting on top. I think I'm just about mentally ready to lean out again.
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @mom23mangos yeah, they are really flexible. I like the higher fat percantage :smiley: Looks very feminine.
    Yeah, weight loss is also a mental thing. : )

I am down to 130.5 pounds. I think I am losing really fast, I started the thread at 145 about a month ago. I guess this really is the drinking of tons of water, cos my deficite is normal. 3500 to 5000 weekly. I am netting 1200, sometimes more, sometimes less.. I am going to net 1500 now for the last 10 pounds. Feeling really hungry! Like crazy hungry!

• xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody thanks, feels good to read you guys again. Wow you are doing really impressively with your weight loss! You should be proud!!!

I feel I have been losing steadily as well but I'm not necessarily doing it properly. I mean I eat healthy meals with a balance of macronutrients but as of late I'm skipping meals because I'm out working and don't even have time to eat so will have a bar or a fruit instead, but I know that's not good. The moment I start eating more, then my body will readjust and not lose weight again. So I have to eat a bit more, which is a very strange thing for me to say as I'm usually the opposite and have to be careful not to overeat. Since I'm taller I should eat around 1500-1600 but I've barely managed to get to 1400 in the past weeks. It depends on the day of course but this is sort of the average I've observed over the last two weeks. Time to increase!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody wow that is a lot of weight loss in a short period of time! Just make sure you aren't losing too fast... you can lose a lot of muscle that way.. unless you are piling in the protein and doing heavy weight lifting, even still. I would definitely increase those cals! (unless you want to lose muscle, which I obviously would not recommend! :p ) You say you are crazy hungry.. definitely increase the cals you should not be feeling that way!
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    @xelsoo Thank you! Wow 1400 and exercise and job! People, how do you not get hungry? :smiley: Great that you do so well : ) I would say enojoy the not feeling hungry, its not that bad when you are on a diet. And skipping meals is sometimes a IF strategy.

@sardelsa yes, you are totally right, this is not good. I definitely dont want to lose that fast, I am not 15 any more and am scared of loose skin :neutral: And losing muscle is not on the to do list any more! I will go up for a while until I reach a pound or 2 a week loss maximum. And the hunger pangs are fenomenal, today I woke up at 5 am and could not get to the supermarket, I was so hungry, no energy at all.

• mom23mangos
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @dubstepvideobody - glad to hear you are going to raising your calories. 1200 sounds like it is way too low for you. That's what I eat to lose and I'm much smaller.

Now that I'm back by a computer, it's easier to type out what my typical meal plan looks like when I'm eating good.

Common Breakfast foods:
    • Protein drink + Special K meal bar or
    • Protein pancakes with pureed blackberries and high protein skim milk or
    • Scrambled egg whites with sauteed vegetables and turkey lunch meat + fruit

Snack 1:
    • Cottage cheese with fruit or
    • Chobani Flip (greek yogurt with mix in) + light string cheese or
    • Raw veggies + Greek yogurt dip

Common Lunch:
    • Soup - whatever leftover veggies and meats are about to be thrown out at home. Ex. Smoked Turkey and sausage gumbo, Greek lemon chicken with cauliflower rice, vegetable soup with soybeans
    • Fajitas - chicken breast, fat free cheese, fat free sour cream, salsa on Jicama tortilla
    • Lean protein & veggie + fruit
    • Wrap (lunch mean, laughing cow cheese, lettuce, pickles on low carb tortilla) + Quest chips
    • Stirfry with zucchini noodles

Snack 2:
    Another from above list

Common Dinner:
    • Same as lunch list
    • Grilled shrimp/scallops + grilled veggies
    • Fish burgers (skinny bun + tuna patty + tartar sauce from low fat mayo and relish + lettuce)
    • Spagetti Squash dish
    • Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice

Snack 3:
    • Halo Top (whole pint)
    • Blackberry Crumble
    • Artic Zero Ice Cream Bar
    • Shrimp Cocktail
    • Pirate's booty

When I'm eating bad, it's basically the same except throw in more fried food, chocolate and chips.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    I also throw in some complex carbs, but prefer to get most of my carbs from fruit and veggies and treats. :wink:
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    @mom23mangos I like reading your meal ideas. @dubstepvideobody you really are losing fast! Yes, I feel great strictly paleo but im trying to strike a balance and I love my old vegan protein shake. I'm honestly feeling confused about nutrition here but I'm sure I'll just keep experimenting and sort it out.

Also I for one am seeing too much upper body tone suddenly. @sardelsa maybe you can chime in, I am only lifting 8s doing circuit training and HIIT work like push-ups. I do want to be strong enough to lift my little one but my arms seem suddenly very muscular. Any advice, anyone? Step it back to running and Pilates for a while?

@xelsoo I usually lose weight when I'm busy and not eating - I actually prefer that to meal planning and eating regularly! It is a change for me track and eat consistently.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @wellnesschaser .. it could be a number of things. You could be losing fat more from your upper body, and since you are stimulating the muscle (even with light weights) it could cause it to be retained more than other places. Also could be dehydration which makes the muscles pop more. If you are not happy, you could step it back. Although I lift pretty heavy, I only seem to have definition when I flex (I would love a little more chisel in my upper body especially my shoulders) but as you lose weight more muscle can show through especially if you are exercising.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    Same here @sardelsa. I was just thinking I needed to add more hypertrophy to my arm exercises. I have very looong arms and they have little shape unless bent and flexed. I'd love to have some curves when at rest.

@Wellnesschaser, if you aren't happy with having definition, I'd say back off some. But to Sardelsa's point, if you are trying to drop fat elsewhere, you may just lean out there first. You'll have to balance upper body look with lower body and find your happy spot.
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    I would suggest just stop training your arms. Even some fitness divas like Chicken tuna dont do arms and have beautiful feminine look. Doing more bodyweight workouts and pilates also helps a lot. Try Tracy Anderson!
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    s6ibo93a3zda.jpg

Goals :)
  • plainpixxel
    plainpixxel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I just got back from vacation and so much is going on here! I'm excited to see how everyone is progressing. I'm about to go on another one of my intense runs and I can't wait.
    Hope everyone is doing well.