Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Options

Replies

• bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @JeepHair77 I am addicted to Mio drops. I really don't gravitate to plain water so in order to get my 3000/ day I add the Mio. I figure it's better than nothing for the skin. I upped my water by 3000
  • dubstepvideobody
    dubstepvideobody Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Put some lemon in it. Nothing with sugar or unnatural flavours! And no tap water. Pure mineral water. Otherwise you are doing more harm than good. Everybody decides for him or herself, but if you do something to acheave great skin, and the requirements are not difficult at all-just do it right!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I don't think that putting a number on your weight is a smart idea. Why not see how you feel and how you look? What if you lose a ton of weight in your face and feet but not in your middle or thighs?
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    @MostlyWater, dont know what you mean and why, but if its not supporting the thread, its a bit inappropriate here :wink: We are all friends here.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    How is this not supporting the thread?
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    Dont know why you talk about this. It came out of nothing.
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Please relate your post to somebody or something that you want to comment on in this thread. :smile: We were not talking about things like that :D
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't think that putting a number on your weight is a smart idea. Why not see how you feel and how you look? What if you lose a ton of weight in your face and feet but not in your middle or thighs?

I think the key is to evaluate as you go. There is nothing wrong with having a goal weight range, but of course it can always change. I thought I only had to lose 5lbs but now it is looking more like 8.
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I think putting a number on anything is smart :D People who have precise goals acheave them more often and have motivation! I plan literally like a maniac and dont like to not have an objective i have to acheave. When learning I do count everything also. From experience the output is much more when one have a concrete goal. Like sardelsa saw it could be more when you acheave the initial number or less if you find yourself perfect on 5 pounds more.
    I dont like such discussions :neutral: Its a bit like talking if God exists. For some yes, for some no.

Its the determination and the pragmatical aproach that bring you to a goal, feelings are..... feelings. Sometimes you have to eat salad despite of your feelings :D

but okay :wink:
  • VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Options
    @MostlyWater I think putting a number on weight can be helpful for some, unhelpful for others. I do think you need to have a goal, whether that's for weight or fitness or measurements or feel. Depending on personality, your goals can be very specific or more general, but I don't think you'll get very far if you're not working towards something.

I've never been much of a planner, so my goals are more fitness and look/measurements than weight, but I still have a goal range. I'd really like to be able to run a sub 22 minute 5K and also do 5 pull-ups (my upper body is so weak), but I also do want to stay under 62kg/136lb. Also all of this would change if I accomplished it, so I think the most important thing is to set goals for yourself based on where you are, and like @sardelsa said reevaluate as you go!

Of course if you plan and monitor everything like @dubstepvideobody said, you'll probably see the results you expect in a more timely/predictable manner, but there's no right or wrong way to do things. I'm definitely more of a feeling person, but I also really like veggies and fruit so my feelings steer me in the right direction a lot!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Very well put @VictoriaTuel !
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    Yeah, very good said. I meant it also that way, even a feeling goal needs a direction. How you acheave it is a matter of taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zuXMhVFkSk

How was your weekend, girls?

I cheated a bit: ate whole wheat pasta and oats-something I normally dont eat. Oh, and a bit of whole wheat bread. But I live in Germany. The best bread on Earth EVER. :smiley: So I did a bit of a refeed, got above target calories and now I have to go under.

My boyfriend stated I have lost weight and look hotter. This motivates me! Next week I am meeting his family for the first time so I am motivated to up the cardio and lower the food even more :D

• dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    What is your day like of eating? Would you mind sharing a typical eating shedule? I think everybody would get good ideas?

Mine when I dont cheat:
    Morning: Espresso, maybe a pound of unsweetened soy yoghurt with 0g carbs (214 calories) and maybe a banana(120)

During the day: 10-20g 85-99% bio cocoa chocolate, Tea, some veggies or berries or hard boiled eggs or soy yoghurt or soy cappucino or raw nuts

Evening: big a** salad with either avocado or hummus paste or homemade basil-olive dressing and some kind of protein: a lot of tofu or lentils or meat or omlett with olive oil or sweet potatoes with some sauce

When I am not on a diet the foods are the same, just I eat 3 bigger meals and easily get 1800-2200 calories or even more in :(

When I cheat:
    during the day fruit, 75% dark chocolate milk free ice cream or milk free strawberry ice cream (2 big balls) and some kind of a big a** boul of whole grain carbs :D
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing well @dubstepvideobody ! Congrats on your progress :)

As for what I eat, I am currently calorie cycling so I have two low days, two high surplus days and three medium days so around 2200-2500 cals average. I only really track the low days which are around 1700-2000 cals so I will give an example of one of those days:

Breakfast:
    2 slices toast with peanut butter and jam, coffee with milk

Snack:
    Fibre one bar

Lunch:
    Light Chicken Caesar salad

Snack:
    Protein bar

Dinner:
    Chicken tacos with veggies, cheese, guacamole.. glass of wine

Dessert:
    Small ice cream bar or Greek yogurt

Total P:150g, C:160g, F:70g
    Oh a higher day I will have more carbs... pasta, bread, rice, etc.

I am pretty flexible.. my main aim is to keep protein and fibre pretty high. I try to stay away from too much deep fried stuff but I have it on occasion. On weekends I go out to eat, have functions and eat with family so those are my surplus days. I don't consider it cheating, just eating more. lol.

I am doing OK. A little frustrated with my progress. I feel like I am so close, but so far away from my goals. My expectations of how I want to look are too high, and I am just not meeting them. I don't look as good in a bikini as I want to at this point... my stubborn fat is not budging and it is making me sad :/
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Okay....great plan :smile: BUT what do you do to have so much cals and lose weight?? :D and with what rate do you lose? Everyday cardio? Do you feel hungry? Have you ever felt hungry on a diet?

About stubborn fat and not meeting expectations: its probably normal. The greater you look, the greater you want to look. :smiley: I have the same obsession with other things. I hope I will be just okay with the goal I set to myself now :smiley:
    @sardelsa, I think you should post a bikini pic!!!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    I am active, I workout a lot (mostly lower body weights which burns more cals), I am nursing still (not very much but enough to add at least 200 extra cals a day), I am losing around 0.5lb per week or so. Not super fast, but I want to preserve as much muscle as possible. I feel hungry sometimes, but not really. Yea I felt hungry once when I was eating 1500 cals years ago, I couldn't believe how little calories that was it was torture for me! I don't think I could ever go that low, at least not consistently. lol

Haha. I don't know if I will post a bikini pic, maybe not yet. I definitely don't look bad (esp since I've had two kids, etc), but I don't look how I want to look! I am being really hard on myself and nit picky, obviously :p
  • dubstepvideobody
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @sardelsa I want this too. But I burn 1750 to 1900 on an avarage day without working out so it will be impossible for me to lose on more than 1200 to 1500 net. :( Great that you can eat so much :smiley:
  • dubstepvideobody
    Options
    Our thread is a bit dead :smiley:
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    It's our Independence weekend in the states, so lots going on for those of us here. I'm out of town and hate typing long posts on my phone. I'll be more active Wednesday.
  • Locolady98
    Locolady98 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    vnukinga wrote: »
    I wish I could join you but I'm too short!LOL! (I'm only 5'2" and always wish I had those looooong legs but Mother Nature didn't oblige. I am petite instead with an hourglass figure.
    I do hope to achieve my goal of lean body with minimum fat, though. )
    :wink:
    Best of luck to you all!
    :smile:

Me too! 5'2", hourglass. Even at my lightest (I was 112 for a while), I was still curvy with healthy "padding" on thighs, hips, bust... but I could see ribs at that weight! So, nope. I will absolutely never be a fitness model. Know what? That's okay! My goal is fit and healthy. And being fit & healthy, small & curvy means it's hard to find clothes that actually fit, but it's worth it!